2016 Nissan Sentra Facelift | NISMO Variant Debut

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 209 comments
In my opinion, this was the last great Sentra: (in the USA at least)

01sentra_se3.jpg

The pre-facelift, 2000-2004 Sentras will always have a soft spot in my heart. Despite the generally more crude bits beneath it, it really was a charming car compared to the ghastly Corolla and Civic of the time. It looked good, drove pretty well, and let you get that huuuuuge 2.5L in a model that looked like something your Grandma would buy. And of course, those early SE-Rs made to look like the Skyline were pretty cool, too.

I think the only contemporary that I wanted more at the time was the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart.

The pre-facelift, 2000-2004 Sentras will always have a soft spot in my heart. Despite the generally more crude bits beneath it, it really was a charming car compared to the ghastly Corolla and Civic of the time. It looked good, drove pretty well, and let you get that huuuuuge 2.5L in a model that looked like something your Grandma would buy. And of course, those early SE-Rs made to look like the Skyline were pretty cool, too.

I think the only contemporary that I wanted more at the time was the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart.
I'm mainly talking pre-SE-R return, 2000-2001 the last two years the SR20 was available.

I had a 2000 SE with the optional performance package (16" wheels, stiffer suspension, strut tower bar, special seat fabric, rear spoiler & Limited Slip Differential) which I consider to be the SE-R package for that year even though there was not one officially available. And I still consider that the best car I have ever owned and would certainly purchase another one. (I just might in the near future for a weekend fun car)

Nissan's new design language isn't being done any favors by being scaled down for smaller vehicles. The Murano is gorgeous, the Maxima's attractive, the Altima's meh-at-best, and the Sentra's blecch.

Nissan's new design language isn't being done any favors by being scaled down for smaller vehicles. The Murano is gorgeous, the Maxima's attractive, the Altima's meh-at-best, and the Sentra's blecch.
Well the Murano and Maxima are completely new fresh designs and the other two are only facelifts so sometimes trying to adapt a current design into an older one doesn't work so well. I for one don't mind it but I work around them every day so maybe I'm used to it. Both the Altima and Sentra are due for fresh designs in a couple years.

Eh, the more I look at that body the more I wish Nissan would make a new car, the roof is too high for a sedan it looks wrong.

Hopefully Nissan makes more sleek Designs in the future otherwise I see a future similar to Mitsubishi.

Hopefully Nissan makes more sleek Designs in the future otherwise I see a future similar to Mitsubishi.
Like designs wise or company going bankrupt wise? Because Nissan sales have been on the rise and they're setting company sales records left and right if you can believe it.

Like designs wise or company going bankrupt wise? Because Nissan sales have been on the rise and they're setting company sales records left and right if you can believe it.
Designs, but are these sales from the SUV/commercial side or across the board?

Guess that's a US scenario, here Nissan is basically going extinct and the Navara is the only thing selling well.

Last edited:
No doubt about that, Mitsubishi has always been one of the smaller Japanese brands, but i see a similarity in how both brands cars have gone design wise, Nissan obviously have more money for R&D so they can release new models much more frequently but I think they need to go outside the box to reclaim some market share outside the US.

Don't forget that Nissan has been doing very well in Europe as well. They seemed to have hit a nice niche with strong styling and good value relative to what else is offered. They've made a lot of models that can appeal to the lowest common denominator, and if it sells, it sells. While I think they're doing a disservice to themselves by ignoring more Mazda and Honda like aspirations of sportiness and quality, they've certainly outdone Toyota. I don't think anyone would have expected that 10-15 years ago.

As I was saying...

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/09/10/nissan-sentra-turbo-sr-3451/

The Sentra SR Turbo shares the majority of the same components with the regular SR variant, but features a new 1.6-liter direct injection gasoline turbocharged inline-four motor. The engine raises power to 188 horses and 177 pound-feet of torque (up from 130 horsepower and 128 pound-feet of torque from models with the regular 1.8-liter inline-four and Xtronic gearbox). The engine can be matched to a six-speed manual transmission, which was previously only offered on the base S model, or the Xtronic unit.

2017_Nissan_Sentra_SR_Turbo_01-4.JPG

Back