2017 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand PrixFormula 1 

Him being gone will mean just another one fills the void.
He had his shot, and he fell short. He only really kept the seat because Renault couldn't get Bottas, Sainz, Perez or Ocon. There's always the possibility that whoever replaces Palmer will have more money, less talent and a more-gratimg ego, and if that's the case, then I'll feel the same way about them as I do about Palmer. But there's an equal possibility that they will find someone who genuinely deserves to be there, someone with the x-factor who will bring Renault to life. My concern is that that somebody is missing out while Renault humour Palmer's boyhood daydream of being a racing driver.

All of the top teams have development programmes with talented drivers. Ferrari have Leclerc, Fuoco and Giovinazzi. Mercedes have Russell (and Norris?). Red Bull have Gasly and a few junior drivers like Kari, Leeds and Camara. McLaren have Vandoorne and de Vries. Who do Renault have?

C7vE-tqXwAAMon3.jpg

He had his shot, and he fell short. He only really kept the seat because Renault couldn't get Bottas, Sainz, Perez or Ocon. There's always the possibility that whoever replaces Palmer will have more money, less talent and a more-gratimg ego, and if that's the case, then I'll feel the same way about them as I do about Palmer. But there's an equal possibility that they will find someone who genuinely deserves to be there, someone with the x-factor who will bring Renault to life. My concern is that that somebody is missing out while Renault humour Palmer's boyhood daydream of being a racing driver.

All of the top teams have development programmes with talented drivers. Ferrari have Leclerc, Fuoco and Giovinazzi. Mercedes have Russell (and Norris?). Red Bull have Gasly and a few junior drivers like Kari, Leeds and Camara. McLaren have Vandoorne and de Vries. Who do Renault have?
Mclaren have Norris now.

Not horrible for Mclaren given the issues in testing. Magnussen looked to be compromised by the slowing Stroll there...

Point is that is the cycle, that will be what happens, cause F1 has always had this situation.

Grosjean complaining on the radio about being slowed down by a Red Bull, despite it appearing to be miles away on the footage........hope that was just a usual racing driver excuse and not a sign of how difficult it'll be for these cars to follow each other.

Grosjean complaining on the radio about being slowed down by a Red Bull, despite it appearing to be miles away on the footage........hope that was just a usual racing driver excuse and not a sign of how difficult it'll be for these cars to follow each other.

He also complained about the Sauber, which did actually slow him up, the team reported it before Romain did.

Well I mean, 12th isn't that bad for the McLaren, I thought they would do much worse, but then again, Fernando has always known how to work an underperforming car.

Sadly I don't see it really mattering where Alonso ended up. I don't see that engine lasting at least without some sort of issue :(

Damnit! The Honey Badger!!!

Red flag!

Waaaagh!

-

Hamilton on provisional pole. With Vettel and Bottas nearly identical at 0.3s behind.

Good job.

No way anyone was going to beat that with the track getting wetter through the session.

Ricciardo's shunt actually gives others a chance to beat Hamilton's lap. The drizzle is letting off, so by the time they restart, there might be a chance for Vettel and Bottas to find that extra 3/10ths.

Which means Lewis will have to do another run, also.

Latest Posts

Back