2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
DPi's would have to lose 100kg and develop a new aero package to compete with the 2018 P1's. Also what OEM will want to race in LMP1 as a sub class vs Porsche and Toyota?

The ACO can go royally 🤬 themselves.

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/138288-aco-sporting-director-weighs-in-on-dpis

They have the nerve to say DPi isn't about tech and that American racing fans don't care about tech like European fans do? What planet is this idiot from?! He has the gall to talk big about tech, when the spending in LMP1 has gone off the rails and their LMP2 class now is basically a completely spec class?! Penske and Honda entered DPi for 2018 after literally 1 race, even with no shot at Le Mans. I think that speaks volumes of what manufacturers think of the class already, and that the ACO should take their heads out of the sand.

Last edited:

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/138288-aco-sporting-director-weighs-in-on-dpis

They have the nerve to say DPi isn't about tech and that American racing fans don't care about tech like European fans do? What planet is this idiot from?! He has the gall to talk big about tech, when the spending in LMP1 has gone off the rails and their LMP2 class now is basically a completely spec class?! Penske and Honda entered DPi for 2018 after literally 1 race, even with no shot at Le Mans. I think that speaks volumes of what manufacturers think of the class already, and that the ACO should take their heads out of the sand.
Well you know the ALMS fans dont fit into his scenario but the sanctioning body does. We are 1 race into the new era of car that are not made of tube steel and we still have a spec class that was designed in the mid 2000's and uses a GM crate motor.

That feeling when your factory backed classes are more than 150% larger in total than Mr. Superiority's.

so_good.png

Then there's the AM class that matters that is literally 4 times larger.

The fact that he says this:

"Also, U.S. Fans are perhaps a little less interested than the Le Mans fans with what is happening underneath the bonnet of the car."

That's what annoys me the most. Ignorance at its finest.
Exactly!! What is he basing this on?

"Euro fans are perhaps a little less interested than Daytona fans with racing on the track...since most of the WEC classes are comprised of fewer than 10 cars."

The fact that he says this:

"Also, U.S. Fans are perhaps a little less interested than the Le Mans fans with what is happening underneath the bonnet of the car."

That's what annoys me the most. Ignorance at its finest.
That's what made me rage. Way to generalize and turn your nose up at an entire fan base you 🤬 turd. The FIA/ACO need to fire that guy, otherwise they're only proving they agree with him.

That's what made me rage. Way to generalize and turn your nose up at an entire fan base you 🤬 turd. The FIA/ACO need to fire that guy, otherwise they're only proving they agree with him.
Could someone show me these hoards of WEC fans who have no time for IMSA, or who just think IMSA is so radically different that they can't follow it?

Like, does the average WEC fan have so much going on in Feb and March that they can't tune into Daytona and Sebring? And I guess once WEC kicks off, with that ultra demanding 1 race a month schedule, who has time to follow anything else? Pick your one motorsport series and stick with it, blinders fully up.

This ass-hat needs to be shown the door.

Silly comments aside, isn't the ACO being a bunch of self-righteous pricks kind of their modus operandi? When was the last time the ACO didn't act all high and mighty with themselves (alienating tons of teams/manufacturers/series which would gladly go to LeMans). I guess I don't see it as anything new.

Personally I'll take the best racing I can find, and sadly that's rarely at LeMans (though I enjoy the race fine enough). If IMSA keeps tweaking the DPis. etc. the entire Weathertech series will be "the" sports car series in the world, easily.

Could someone show me these hoards of WEC fans who have no time for IMSA, or who just think IMSA is so radically different that they can't follow it?

Like, does the average WEC fan have so much going on in Feb and March that they can't tune into Daytona and Sebring? And I guess once WEC kicks off, with that ultra demanding 1 race a month schedule, who has time to follow anything else? Pick your one motorsport series and stick with it, blinders fully up.

This ass-hat needs to be shown the door.
Ten-Tenths, the Midweek Motorsport Listeners Collective, and Mulsanne's Corner.

Another thing I find ironic is that in the motorsport world, the WEC seems to constantly fight for validation against F1. Just listen to any WEC broadcast and note how much time they spend talking about how "this is real racing," and making underhanded comments about F1.

Reason for this is F1 constantly looks down its nose at everything else.

So after being in the receiving end of this, what does the ACO do? Turn around and behave the same way towards IMSA.

The ACO has always seemed to have that "the only good idea's are the ones we came up with" vibe. Just look at their reluctance to have anything to do with GT3. During the combined-GT class talks they never seemed fully behind the idea and it took until last year for them to cave and have GT3 at Le Mans and it's only as a supporting race.

As for the American's and technology bit. I'll just say that I'm sure there are plenty that would love to see LMP1 cars stateside, it's just that they want to see more than 4 cars racing a tad more. :sly:

The more you think about it, the comments get more stupid.

This moron realizes that Ford and Chevy go to Le Mans right? He thinks WEC Ford fans are a different group than IMSA Ford fans? Hell, without Ford and Chevy, WEC would basically be at WTCC levels for 2017.

From WEC to IMSA, it's the same damn drivers, many of the same teams, in GTLM is the exact same, the cars basically look the same.....but somehow the fans are different? Shut the 🤬 forever!

How might I reach out to these assholes to give them a piece of my mind?

Back