2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
Are we going to have cars stuck in traffic jams, Jenga fails, and a discussion between the Radio Le Mans guys about the BOP between the RVs and the Golf carts? If so... this is going to be the best Daytona 24 ever.

attachment.php
Has anyone ever used glow in the dark paint in a livery?
There was this.

For those into the CTSCC still, Dean Martin is fielding the GT4 Mustang this coming season. Source is the most recent sports car unleashed podcast. Conti is making a slight comeback this season. IMSA banning platinum drivers from Conti was dumb though as are all driver ratings
Glad to see Jeff Gordon back into a sports car. He certainly won't come out of the pits as fast as he did in 07

The Cadillac doesn't seem to have as much road-car resemblance in the styling as the Mazda, however since it's a Cadillac that's a good thing.

The way the front has the v shape like their road cars and the head light arches along with using nearly the same type of wheel the V-series runs. I can see the cadi in it. Realistically it represents a small portion of Cadillac which normal people will see as Cadillac in general.

Now to wait and see if Nissan show up...

Dirk Werner was just announced as a factory driver at the Porsche dinner so the art car had one thing right. Sims replaces Werner at RLL BMW.

Porsche 911 drivers will be Werner and Pilet with the 912 driven by Vanthoor and Estre.

Porsche 911 drivers will be Werner and Pilet with the 912 driven by Vanthoor and Estre.

No Bamber?

Also anyone want to have a meet up at the Daytona 24 hours during the race? I'll promise to post photos!

The way the front has the v shape like their road cars and the head light arches along with using nearly the same type of wheel the V-series runs. I can see the cadi in it. Realistically it represents a small portion of Cadillac which normal people will see as Cadillac in general.

Now to wait and see if Nissan show up...
It looks like Caddy took the Dallara bodykit and personalized it. Mazda may have done the same, so we'll have to see how the Riley/MM kit looks to see just how similar the Mazda is to the Riley.

Who knows if/when the Nissan will drop. I bet it's the roar before we see the Nissan Ligier

It looks like Caddy took the Dallara bodykit and personalized it. Mazda may have done the same, so we'll have to see how the Riley/MM kit looks to see just how similar the Mazda is to the Riley.

Who knows if/when the Nissan will drop. I bet it's the roar before we see the Nissan Ligier

All the kits will be present at the test before the Roar.

I believe it was said that Nissan would only be supplying the engine and that the body work would be stock Ligier.

I believe it was said that Nissan would only be supplying the engine and that the body work would be stock Ligier.

The only way for a manufacturer to enter is if there is also custom bodywork. My understanding is that Ligier is designing the custom bodywork with ESM paying the tab.

Yeah this is pretty much correct, however it gets more news than the LMP2 engine supplying because NISMO will actually be supplying factory backed technical help. The car just wont fully be a Nissan factory effort like the other two, it's semi factory. I'm guessing Nissan want to see if it's worth the time, without getting their feet fully wet

How many Safety Cars will the PC's cause?

And how many cars are they going to kill?
Are you starting a pool?

Edit: that could actually be a fun game, betting aside. How many SC caused by PC at Daytona? Make your guesses. Drinking game too maybe?

Anyone know if they're planning to air any of the December test on IMSA.tv?

Latest Posts

Back