2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
Having seen some good PWC racing there, I'd like to see Weathertech/Conti go to Barber. I think it's a very reasonable track to run on.

The C7.R has had its LCD position lights moved to the door, and the fuel filler has been moved to where the lights were previously.

IMG_5910.JPG

Hmm.... I'm not sure I like the idea of having wires in the door....

Oh, well. It's not for more than one race at a time.
As a whole, and across the varying series that use this numberboard system, it's a 50/50 mix on where manufacturers mount these things so who knows lol.

The change to the Corvette refueling receptacle make and location has caused a change in the size, up 2.5mm from the previous spec. There are no other BOP changes in any class it appears.

And he class position lights (those green LED circles) on the door too.

hq720.jpg

The main thing that I was meaning is that after every race, most components are replaced. I seriously doubt that those wires stay in there all season! (Or at least without a VERY careful inspection. ;) )

As a whole, and across the varying series that use this numberboard system, it's a 50/50 mix on where manufacturers mount these things so who knows lol.
Mounting of the LCD boards is done by each individual team, rather than manufactures.

It's kinda sad drivers still abuse the track limits of this place over 5 years after its debut. Bloody ridiculous. Though that's the fault too of Tilk style tracks, so much runoff entices abuse of limits. Though I'm glad IMSA is at least attempting to nail it into the drivers heads.

It's kinda sad drivers still abuse the track limits of this place over 5 years after its debut. Bloody ridiculous. Though that's the fault too of Tilk style tracks, so much runoff entices abuse of limits. Though I'm glad IMSA is at least attempting to nail it into the drivers heads.
The past few years they've had zero track limits here. They ran the track like a ski slalom. Couldn't cut the inside of the corners but anything outside was fair game.

Way I see it, and way most racers see it, if you don't want them to use it, don't pave it. There's currently zero affect to the car if you run it wide on the pavement. Have like 3m of grass before the rest of the pavement and you'd see these issues fix themselves real quick. ..and actual grass, not that turf they bolted to the ground a few years ago that all came up.

The past few years they've had zero track limits here. They ran the track like a ski slalom. Couldn't cut the inside of the corners but anything outside was fair game.

Way I see it, and way most racers see it, if you don't want them to use it, don't pave it. There's currently zero affect to the car if you run it wide on the pavement. Have like 3m of grass before the rest of the pavement and you'd see these issues fix themselves real quick. ..and actual grass, not that turf they bolted to the ground a few years ago that all came up.
Just like Fuji, they have grass and turf strips behind the line to deter track cutting IIRC.

Yep, the whole "safety" aspect of the paint (isn't it supposed to be grippy paint or something?) is why the aesthetic is boring here like Paul Ricard, and I guess more prone to abuse. If it's that bad..put some damn old school safety cones out there. Bollards, something. Much easier than trying to monitor every car the entire race for infractions of certain track sections.

The only deterrent they need is green $$$ fines. There is no issue with the track, its the drivers and the people that lead them. Driving past the limits on the outsides of the turns compromises the tracks safety design by shortening runoff areas.

Back