2018/19 Champions League thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Dennisch, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Stotty

Stotty Premium

Agree with that @Touring Mars, except for the penalty bit... clear one for me as although it wasn’t deliberate, Sissoko’s arm was out and he gained a significant advantage from it.

2. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

Nah... they both had great chances to reach the final but blew it epically.

Finals are often tense affairs and both sets of players would have been very nervous, and eager not to make mistakes - both teams were very cagey and sometimes this can dominate (and ruin) whole games.

But neither Ajax or Barcelona would have any right to watch the game last night and have the audacity to think they could have done any better.

8l23ub likes this.
  3. Dennisch

Dennisch Premium

I watched the highlights and even that was ass. Only 2 things in 90 minutes worth mentioning. A field running blonde, and the 2-0.

4. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

Over 850,000 attended Liverpool's victory parade! :crazy:

8l23ub and Jezza819 like this.
  5. Jezza819

Jezza819

I was reading BBC reports and other media outlets last night saying they expected tens of thousands of people to attend and I thought, "they're underestimating that number by a mile". :lol:

6. 8l23ub

8l23ub

No one seems to mention that the 99 final was terrible, it was the Lothar Matheus (Im certain the spelling is wrong) show,
    This one was the Virgil show, I'm sure I saw him sprint during the final.
    75 million was an absolute bargain for Ten Men

7. TrevorPhilips

TrevorPhilips

Neither VVD or Alison deserved MOTM.... It was Coutinho for paying for them! :lol: Thanks Phil!!

The game itself was truly awful, not that it matters now of course! :tup:

The first final I did not go to since the 80's :sick: But on the plus side, it's the first trophy I was sober enough to remember us lifting since the 90's :lol: Went the parade like, can just about remember the bus going past.... Probably going to swerve the CS but it's Istanbul for the Super Cup, can't miss that! and I swear I'm wearing a Go-Pro strapped to my head! The boys are already scouting out Qatar for the Club World Cup too!... I hope it is not as bad as UAE for breaking laws?... :confused:

Just in case, Wishing you all a Merry Christmas! :cheers:

88GTA likes this.