UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 790 comments
Champions League is back this week, one of the stand out games is Juventus v Man United.

Get in United!!! Fighting to the end pays off!

Also Real Madrid slaughtered Victoria Plzen 5-0 (and should have been alot more) and City slaughtered Shakhtar Donetsk 6-0.

Entertaining evening to say the least.

United play well without Lukaku again.
United play well with Fellaini again.

Small wonder.

Champions League is back this week, some big game as the group stage nears its conclusion.

Champions League is back this week as Groups stage concludes, some massive matches.

Fantastic effort by Liverpool and Spurs tonight as both qualify by very fine margins! Liverpool beat Napoli 1-0 at home thanks to Salah and Alisson for making that save at the death, they qualified at the expense of Napoli on only goals scored.

Spurs were fantastic, going to Barcelona and coming away with a point which was enough to qualify as they needed to match or better Inter's result and Inter were held 1-1 v PSV, Spurs had some great chances and could've easily won the game.

What a poor game by Juve tonight. Ronaldo missed a few chances he usually wouldn't miss. Great effort from YB tho.

I'm now curious to see how my team (F.C.Porto) will do in the knock-out stages. They're playing really well this season and had the 12 consecutive win (all competitions) last night.

This is about the time Porto will bow out though(round of 16), they need a lucky draw like Ajax or something.

If you think Ajax are an easy team to play against you're mistaken. Tied both games with Bayern and gave Benfica a run for their money.

CSKA Mosco beat Real Madrid home and away, first time Real have lost both legs in a group stage in ten years.....and CSKA finished bottom of the group!

Round of 16 draw 2018/19:

Schalke (GER) v Man. City (ENG)
Atlético (ESP) v Juventus (ITA)
Man. United (ENG) v Paris (FRA)
Tottenham (ENG) v Dortmund (GER)
Lyon (FRA) v Barcelona (ESP)
Roma (ITA) v Porto (POR)
Ajax (NED) v Real Madrid (ESP)
Liverpool (ENG) v Bayern (GER)

Champions League is finally back from its winter slumber with the last 16.

Tuesday
Man United v Paris Saint-Germain
Roma v FC Porto

Wednesday
Ajax v Real Madrid
Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund

All games are 8pm GMT kick-off.

So I said just a couple of posts above that I thought United would get hammered, since then we have sacked Jose and Ole has given us a new lease of life, and PSG have got a bit of an injury crisis, so now I'm feeling confident. :)

Champions League is finally back from its winter slumber with the last 16.

Tuesday
Man United v Paris Saint-Germain
Roma v FC Porto

Wednesday
Ajax v Real Madrid
Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund

All games are 8pm GMT kick-off.

So I said just a couple of posts above that I thought United would get hammered, since then we have sacked Jose and Ole has given us a new lease of life, and PSG have got a bit of an injury crisis, so now I'm feeling confident. :)
That means we'll lose then, obviously. :lol:

Well that was frustrating. First of all, PSG deserved the win, they defended superbly and hit us hard in a short spell in the second half and we couldn't create the breakthrough we needed. It's a big shame we lost Lingard and Martial at half time and I hope their injuries aren't serious and they will be back in the first team soon, one look at the fixture list tells you how much we need them two.

Howerver, Daniele Orsato, the referee was absolutely abysmal. 10 yellow cards he dished out, you'd think it was a dirty game, but nope, just dishing out yellow cards like sweets. He sends Pogba off for two nothing fouls, now he can't play in the 2nd leg and has no right to appeal. For reference, a friend of mine who supports Liverpool even said Pogba shouldn't be on a first yellow let alone be sent off.

At some point the referee's are going to have to be made accountable for performances like this. If those tackles were bookable offenses in every other game I'd be fine with it, but they aren't. The worst thing that went on tonight was probably the diving in the first half, and that didn't attract a single one of the yellows.

Well done PSG, I hope United can muster a decent response in the second leg and the final score was a pretty fair reflection of the game. But I hope Daniele Orsato doesn't come close to refereeing a United game ever again.

Last edited:
A tough frustrating night, a reality check. PSG were too much for us and deserved the win.

And the ref was a knob...

Tottenham's turn tonight in what looks like a evenly matched tie against Dortmund.

Ajax v Real Madrid and some Ajax fans kept the Madrid players awake last night by letting of fireworks outside their hotel and setting of the fire alarm.

xCDsTbT.gif

Big surprise Madrid getting ref help.

Back