2018 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Organ-Donor
  • 1,545 comments
The #10 Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac DPi-V.R. get's pole over the #7 Acura Team Penske Acura ARX-05 DPi by 0.007!

Last edited:
Like they said on Radio Le Mans, you might as well use a dart board to pick a winner!

Hopes:

P: WTR/ESM
GTLM: Corvette Racing/Risi
GTD *Inhales*: MSR/Riley/3GT/Wright/Risi

Think that's it. Could root for jist about anyone in the field to win it, honestly!

If the rain comes... how will it shake up the GT fields? Is one car better than the rest in the rain?

Also stupid question: Is ABS allowed in any of the GTD cars?

If the rain comes... how will it shake up the GT fields? Is one car better than the rest in the rain?
It just comes down to strategy, when it comes, if its heavy enough to put wets on, etc. I remember last year (can't remember which race) WTR stayed out on slicks and lost position while others were on wets but the rain stopped so everyone pitted for slicks and they shot back into the lead. Porsche is better suited for rain due the location of the engine - rear (or mid now technically for the RSR with the engine moving forward) so it can put the power down a little better with the weight towards the back tires.

Last edited:
Seriously, there was nothing wrong with this (and I fully support skipping the retro colour).

mazda-prototype-in-787b-livery.jpg

mazda-prototype-in-787b-livery.jpg
This should have been the final livery. Live a little, Mazda

EDIT: Prototype: WTR or Penske but realistically, most everybody has a shot.
GTLM: Chevy Vs. Ford in a down to the wire fight.
GTD: Whoever crashes least

"***Risi’s GTLM program is currently confirmed for Daytona and the Twelve Hours of Sebring only, although Toni Vilander indicated they could run up to four races in the WeatherTech Championship this year." :( That's unfortunate, I was happy to see them return last year and thought they would be a full season entry.

Cooper MacNeil wins race 1.

The #55 Mazda has a fresh new engine for the race.

"***Risi’s GTLM program is currently confirmed for Daytona and the Twelve Hours of Sebring only, although Toni Vilander indicated they could run up to four races in the WeatherTech Championship this year." :( That's too bad I was happy to see them return last year and thought they would be a full season entry.
They're headed to LeMans.

IMO the Cadillacs have numerous advantages, and will romp the prototypes.

The other classes are too close to call. But I'd like underdogs Ferrari to win GTLM and Lamborghini in GTD.

Jordan Taylor is a jewel.

My take after watching qualifying...the phrase "blood bath" is entirely accurate. I can say that in sports car racing I don't remember a time when any motorsports series featured prototypes of this caliber/number with potential for the race win (the overall win even better). The GTLMs could be fun, though I'm sad to see BMW so abysmal at the moment.

If Mazda can sort stuff out and make the DPI class even more absurd...awesome, bring it. GTD is always quite good, so no worries there. I hate to get my hopes up, but I haven't seen a race with this much potential in ages. Please let it be as good as it's teasing.

Back