2018 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Organ-Donor
  • 1,545 comments
The car had multiple tyre failures and couldn't find the cause. If they had a more serious failure where a driver may be have been injured in an accident how stupid do you think he'd look for not doing something about it?

But on the other hand, as @GOTMAXPOWER said, he had Max jump into a car knowing it was a health hazard a few years, and that decision sent Angelelli to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. Now granted, he was mainly focusing on the Rolex 24 and was old enough to accept the risk of driving that car, but it is an interesting point to consider when talking about the 10 retiring this year for safety reasons.

But on the other hand, as @GOTMAXPOWER said, he had Max jump into a car knowing it was a health hazard a few years, and that decision sent Angelelli to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. Now granted, he was mainly focusing on the Rolex 24 and was old enough to accept the risk of driving that car, but it is an interesting point to consider when talking about the 10 retiring this year for safety reasons.

Perhaps that was a wake up call for him?

To add context to that last Tweet here are the two posted last night:

To me that reads that they have done no development work on their tyres in 5 years, fortunately Michelin will be supplier from next year.

An interview with somebody high up at Continental last night implied any future program would only happen if they were sole tyre supplier in whatever series, they do a bad job and are afraid of any competition.

Perhaps that was a wake up call for him?
Knowing that Max is both a good friend of Wayne and also mentored both of the Taylor brothers, it is could have rattled him to see his old friend go to the hospital for that. But the obvious fact here is that nobody here is Wayne Taylor so none us know why he continued to race that car then and now retired this car now when both had major safety issues.

Knowing that Max is both a good friend of Wayne and also mentored both of the Taylor brothers, it is could have rattled him to see his old friend go to the hospital for that. But the obvious fact here is that nobody here is Wayne Taylor so none us know why he continued to race that car then and now retired this car now when both had major safety issues.
Well, back in 2016 they had a chance to win, so I don’t think they were gonna back down from that. They finished about 30 seconds back in the end, I believe, so it would make sense to keep going knowing anything can happen to the leader.

This year on the other hand, they’re multiple laps down already, and they’ve had the same issue countless times. The wake up call part could’ve also played a role.

Ford
sandbag.jpg

We should have a topic just to make fun of Fox Sports coverage showing the crap they show when something is actually happening on track.

Just checked the weather forecast for Daytona, there could be rain later at around 1 PM, if I've got my time zones right the race finishes at 2:40 PM, maybe one more twist in the tail.

An interview with somebody high up at Continental last night implied any future program would only happen if they were sole tyre supplier in whatever series, they do a bad job and are afraid of any competition.

Doesn't surprise me, the FIA WEC GTE lap times around Fuji were similar to the Super GT GT300 lap times where they had open tire competition. It wasn't even uncommon for the GTLM cars to be faster than the Prototypes in the rain over here (especially Petit a few years ago) until Continental's whining got Michelin to stop adding the extra sipes to their rain tires.

If nothing out of ordinary happens, Caddies are in for 1-2 finish. :D

Shame that the fords are getting away in the GTLM. :indiff:

And the BMW's are not competitive enough to rise to the challenge in either class. :nervous::(:nervous:

Well I really wouldn't mind a Ford battle 'til the end, so that can certainly continue, one can dream right? :sly:.

Otherwise there's a couple of hours left so still anything can happen 👍.

And the BMW's are not competitive enough to rise to the challenge in either class

Let's wait until the chequered flag at Sebring before worrying too much about the M8. Daytona is a somewhat unique challenge, I believe the M8's shortcomings are emphasized by the aero-balance required at Daytona. If it's still this bad at Sebring, then we have a problem.

I get that Alonso is world famous and all, but Fox... It's not the Indy 500, where he was leading laps and running up front. He's 19th overall, 35 laps down from the leader, 3 laps behind the next car in class, and he's not even the fastest driver in that car. Lando Norris has the fastest lap for the #23. Can we please stop talking about him.

Man Fox Sports sucks at IMSA coverage. Us lucky Americans don't get the IMSA stream because Fox covers the races. All I've been watching is commercials, interviews, and these 10 minute films about Daytona instead of showing the actual race. If I had a Twitter I'd be ripping into the Fox Sports Twitter page right now

I get that Alonso is world famous and all, but Fox... It's not the Indy 500, where he was leading laps and running up front. He's 19th overall, 35 laps down from the leader, 3 laps behind the next car in class, and he's not even the fastest driver in that car. Lando Norris has the fastest lap for the #23. Can we please stop talking about him.
They even said that no one driver feels very comfortable in the car because they all have different styles and even with the Roar and practice they couldn't sort it out

Man Fox Sports sucks at IMSA coverage. Us lucky Americans don't get the IMSA stream because Fox covers the races. All I've been watching is commercials, interviews, and these 10 minute films about Daytona instead of showing the actual race. If I had a Twitter I'd be ripping into the Fox Sports Twitter page right now
And even with a work around to watch the IMSA stream it's stopping every few minutes... even it just stopped after 30 🤬 seconds

WTF is wrong with this crap?!

Latest Posts

Back