2018 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

fred-via-indycar-1.jpg

Ancien pilote tests at Barber.

https://racer.com/2018/09/05/alonso-pleased-with-indycar-barber-test/

This has been an excellent season of IndyCar Series racing. Unfortunately, this weekend will be the final race of the season. The Bay Area is going to see its 2018 season champion get crowned as the series hits up Sonoma Raceway. Scott Dixon currently holds the championship lead. However, the likes of Alexander Rossi, Will Power, and defending champion Josef Newgarden will want their hands on the 2018 championship. This Yahoo! Sports article details some of the different championship winning scenarios for the main contenders: https://sports.yahoo.com/indycar-preview-2018-championship-deciding-110031070.html

Enjoy this weekend's season finale! Congratulations to the eventual champion of the 2018 season.

Heading into the weekend, I would have put money on Rossi due simply to the momentum he's carried over the past races. If he hadn't been screwed by the yellow in Portland, we'd be talking about a driver with 3 wins in the last 4 races... Unfortunately, it seems like Ganassi really has their car dialled in at Sonoma. And with Dixon's inability to have a bad day in the car, it's looking more and more likely that Rossi may have to turn his attention to 2019 come Sunday night.

Congratulations to Ryan Hunter-Reay for winning the race and Scott Dixon for winning his 5th IndyCar Series Championship! Admirable comeback drive from Alexander Rossi. Can't wait for 2019! :gtpflag:

Its a beautiful day here in NZ... And Dixon wins his 5th championship.

I remember the day he made our local news when he rolled his Nissan Sentra, climbed out of his upside down car with a cushion strapped to his back so he could reach the pedals properly :lol: Now he's a 5x champion....Legend, congrats Scott :bowdown:

Well, that race certainly made a good argument for giving Laguna Seca a shot. :lol:

Congrats to Dixon, he certainly earned it.

I’m already excited for next year, especially since I’m planning on going to Road America.

Well, that race certainly made a good argument for giving Laguna Seca a shot. :lol:

Congrats to Dixon, he certainly earned it.

I’m already excited for next year, especially since I’m planning on going to Road America.

Per Marshall Pruett and Robin Miller, Laguna Seca is probably going to end up worse than the race we saw today...

Congrats to Scott Dixon on another well-deserved championship and Ryan Hunter-Reay on an impressive win today.

Eva
Not happening most likely.
Hm... So does that mean no Fred in 2019? Or will he be partnered with some other team? Was really hoping to see him run full time but maybe the test didn't go as well as all the media said it did.

Hm... So does that mean no Fred in 2019? Or will he be partnered with some other team? Was really hoping to see him run full time but maybe the test didn't go as well as all the media said it did.
If you want to believe the latest rumors, he won't be in IndyCar at all because Honda is now refusing to offer an engine for the entry because of his WEC participation.

If Alonso does Indycar next year I expect him to run an abbreviated schedule. I expect him to do 3-4 of the first 6 races and finish with Indy.

Also, with so many new entries, there might be legitimate bumping at Indy in May. There might be 35-36 entries.

Latest Posts

Back