2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
A lot of us here have been waiting for this for years and pulled for this guy for some time. It has finally happened and I can't wait for more of them to happen for this guy he deserves it. Also so glad for Dick and Roger.

That was awesome. Didn't know what was happening a few times: Simona disappeared, Lowndes was somehow leading, Giz was way down and Whincup was up the front. So worth it today.

I really don't care if Scott never wins another race or Championship. This was the one that cemented him as the Champion he is.

Race felt kind of underwhelming. The penalty really put a screw on it but I can't blame the Stewards for that, they were doing their job for once :lol:

Congrats to Scott McLaughlin though, he really earned it and finally got it. It was dull but I would've done the same thing. I just wish he drove for a Holden :lol:

I think the highlight for me was the rubbing between Whincup and Fabian had a bit of a story and especially irony. Also the Stewards actually showed consistency for once :lol:

Great way to see off the Falcon era and Lowndes did a big fat skid. Good day of racing and great result. Really is a bag day of change with no Nissan, no Falcon and now Lowndes next year.

I wonder if Scotty will take the #1 next year or if he'll keep the #17?

YESSSS GET IN THERE SCOTTY

So stoked he finally did it. Made amends for the heartbreak of 2017 in emphatic fashion.

Very interesting talk about Kia and the Kelly Brothers...
You'd have to think KR learned from the Nissan development and made sure Kia would take this series seriously. Volvo did. So, hopefully KR accept a deal. The GT would be perfect for the series.

Couldn't The Kia be run with the V8 from the Genesis?

IMG_6092.JPG

Last edited:
You'd have to think KR learned from the Nissan development and made sure Kia would take this series seriously. Volvo did. So, hopefully KR accept a deal. The GT would be perfect for the series.

Couldn't The Kia be run with the V8 from the Genesis?

View attachment 782258

I would think so, but there wasn't any formal change that said V8s are the only engine to be run. So if they wanted to, they could bring a race version of the V6 TT and I'd imagine that is the reason they'd want to come and try to win in Supercars. The Genesis V8 is also a KIA engine it was used in the K9 so I see it as fair game.

I hate all these commets from DJRTP and T8 fans of "he would've won anyway" or "he would've won if there was no penalty".

We really don't know, no way would both teams use the same tactic of playing it safe if the penalty, stupidly, wasn't applied

I would think so, but there wasn't any formal change that said V8s are the only engine to be run. So if they wanted to, they could bring a race version of the V6 TT and I'd imagine that is the reason they'd want to come and try to win in Supercars. The Genesis V8 is also a KIA engine it was used in the K9 so I see it as fair game.
Just Todd's fear of having spent money on the VK56 and the possibility of doing "it" all over again. I'm all for a V6TT. Just figuring if the V8 would be more cost effective. He was the one that didn't want to switch to a Nissan V6TT, for the very reason of KR spending all the time and money developing the V8.
No doubt I'm not the fly on the wall at KR, but the main goal for most teams, are getting that factory backing. Hopefully Todd changes his tune.

Just finished watching the race though I did spoil it for myself last night. Triple Eight may not have liked that penalty, but given how things went during the race it wouldn't have mattered anyway unless they had given up. Great to see Reynolds get another win. Erebus will be in the fight next year for sure.

Back