2019/20 FIA Exhibition Series Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by nissman, Sep 13, 2019.

1. DK

DK Premium

Nations was a true rollercoaster race. I started 2nd but got bogged down off the line, dropping to 5th. I quickly returned to 3rd thanks to one guy ahead getting a penalty for punting someone off at T1, and caught the other napping into the chicane. A few laps later, I took 2nd as I got a better run out of the hairpin. I stayed out for an extra lap when the leader pitted on L8 and kept the Overtake button pinned out whenever I was in 2nd-4th gear, but that wasn't the crucial bit.

The crucial bit was switching to new Softs.

Immediately, I cursed my mistake, but then noticed that pitstops only cost about 4 secs. As the original leader had switched to Mediums, I was able to win the battle of wills into T1, and began running away to build up enough of a gap for a 2nd pitstop. The gamble paid off, I pitted in at the end of L15 and this time picked the Mediums, and bar a Code Brown moment when all 4 wheels went over the line between the Degner curves, I didn't put a foot wrong, picking up 1,320pts in the process.

I'll give Tokyo in the Typhoon a miss.

Jeeves_ACBC likes this.
  2. Krypton78

Krypton78

Has anybody else disconnects in FIA all the time recently? I didnt play a long time but it was quite stable in the past when I played often. Now I wanted to start to play GTS onlline again, but last time (2weeks ago) I could race only 1 race and today it was nothing possible. Daily races seems work maybe (did only 2 for testing) but not FIA. I have a very good generally connection (100 MB down and 25 MB up) and the ps4 is directly connected through cable to the router. NAT 2.

I changed my PSN nickname a few month ago btw, I wonder if it could it be related?

Anyway, the error codes are all the time different, if anybody as a clue:

NE-210AC0AC
    NE-21009009
    NE-21000259

Thanks in advance for any reply

3. 05XR8

05XR8

:tup: I didn't bother to map it. Just one less thing to break my concentration. Felt like I didn't need it anyway.

4. stpatty

stpatty

Didn't realise how short the pit stop was in Nations and ran on mediums for 8 laps. Whoops.

5. KepleroGT

KepleroGT

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Timlour likes this.
  6. breeminator

breeminator

I saw this and thought "7th, 1220 points?!", so I checked out your stats on K' and see your DR has shot up recently! Well done, do you attribute that to changing to manual gears?

7. 05XR8

05XR8

Next MAnu race at DTS II, was weird at that time of day. I didn't know where I was on track, after Auto Drive.

8. Baron Blitz Red

Baron Blitz Red

Question people!!!!

I was rammed off the track on the second last lap at Nation's race at Suzuka, but I reported the wrong player...

How do I make this right???

Cheers

9. Rods

Rods

Well, Manu was a disaster.

It started off well, til a bumped a guy that braked way too early onto turn one. He barely ran wide, but made contact with the wall. I figured I’d get my 4s and take it on the chin, I did hit him after all.

The guy, on the other hand, didn’t think 4s was enough of a punishment. He hit me again, got himself a 4s penalty and then just went nuts, ramming me until I spun out.

I’m having a tough time adapting to the aggressiveness of CSA drivers, but this one was way too much for me to handle.

10. Sharkart_Kun

Sharkart_Kun

This was a really enjoyable race with an amazing standing start!

My consistency wasn't the best though, but I just came back from a big pause on the game. So I'm hoping to improve on it!

Timlour likes this.
  11. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

I decided to put in more practice than usual for the Manufactures race and boy, did it pay off. Got my second win. :D

[​IMG]

12. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

At one point in Manu another car caused me to spin, I was the only car spinning , and I got a penalty for "causing another car to spin".

Ashthebash, watto79 and Rods like this.
  13. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

8th - Nations
    10th - Manufacturer

CurbHog likes this.
  14. Pfei

Pfei Premium

This is what happens when a 36k DR driver like yours truly waits until the last Manu slot in the CSA region at 1:40 AM in Argentina, with the slowest Gr. 3 car, in the rain, at Tokyo: I ate humble pie in the top split!

@HellzFire was there but he either got disconnected or ran away when he saw it was only an 1800 point room, which is only 200 to 300 more than the second split rooms I have been racing in.

There were four rage-quits throughout the race: three in the first few laps after spinning out and accruing penalties, and another near the end of the race whom I assume also rage quit because there was a yellow flag just before that.

So I managed to avoid being last among those of us that remained, coming home 13th with only one car behind me. As the 18th seed and being way outclassed, it's a bittersweet race. Happy for keeping it together and running a smooth race even though I was way off the pace; unhappy for getting so few points.

DSC_0361.JPG

15. JEverettL

JEverettL Premium

Qualified 8th in the last race in Manu tonight. Spun on first lap but worked my way back from 18th to 14th. That wasn’t the painful part. The painful part was getting hit for 2100 DR points. Ouch!! For the last round of dailies I’d been consistently coming in under my door number and even had a couple of top 10 finishes. Lost DR each time. Trying to figure it out...down from 15K DR to 8400.

Winnie847 likes this.
  16. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt Premium

I quite enjoyed both FIA combos. Nations had a bit of scare at T1 but otherwise was pretty much stuck in a lonely 4th place, even with an off.

Manu was fun from start to finish. I only wish I knew how to get off the last hairpin better because I kept losing so much time there.

Winnie847, Timlour and Pfei like this.
  17. stpatty

stpatty

No I attribute that to multiple St. Croix races in the GT-R this week. I actually gained DR in both of my FIA races too.

Shifting to manual has definitely been a positive. Aside from the fuel saving potential I generally feel more secure in corners in oversteery cars like the Nissan. I took to them a lot more easily than I was expecting, so I'm definitely glad I made the change.

18. watto79

watto79

So this is getting all a bit predictable. Nations - good. Manufacturers - bad.

Nations
    First attempt was in a high rated (for me) lobby. Qualified 12th I think, kept it together for the first lap chaos and managed to get up to 7th ish. Was doing well but bottled it in the degners and in the last chicane to end up 14th. Knew I could do better.

Second attempt was in a slightly weaker lobby and qualified 3rd. Funnily pole and 2nd recorded identical times. Kept to my first corner plan of getting to and keeping to the inside and avoid any carnage. This worked well but I did lose a position dropping to 4th. Managed to get the position back at turn 1 lap 2 with a nice sweeping move around the outside. The rest of the race was fairly dull with gaps ahead and behind me. Did a 6S 6M 6S strategy and all was well until 3 laps to go when I bottled the 2nd degner allowing the car behind to catch up. Last lap they get past before the hairpin (because I ballsed the second degner AGAIN). I retake the position in 130R, hugging the inside leading up to the chicane. Hats of to the other driver for overtaking me cleanly around the outside into the chicane. Should have been 3rd but happy with 4th. Loved this combo though, great fun.

20191013121015.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191013001246.jpg

Manufacturers
    I'll just post these as a comparison of my Nations and Manufacturers campaigns. No idea why I thought I'd be able to manage the Ferrari in wet conditions. I can't keep that thing straight in the dry! At least the next race is Gr.4
    1.jpg 2.jpg

19. Ashthebash

Ashthebash

I saw this watching a bit of Kie's stream while I was fetching my fish and chips and it completely put me off doing the race! Can't have a pit stop for tyres costing 4s when the delta is around 1s a lap, the strategy of when to run mediums and for how long completely goes out of the window

I was in this, and you were definitely struggling a fair bit... a lot! from what I saw in the first few laps. Maybe see you at DT where we can both be nearer the front (and our cars will be more competitive!) - I do wish it was the 'right' way around the track though!

watto79 likes this.
  20. JEverettL

JEverettL Premium

Last night even though the DR points fairy made me cry, I had an amazing 3 lap battle with an M6. I really see now what you guys have experienced. It was 3 laps of respectfully going back and forth. That M6 is a beast on the long straight! I could see him backing off a bit as we went into turn 1 so my NSX wouldn’t get pinned to the wall. In the hairpin before the long straight, my turn in was much more nimble but I’d keep my inside line and not try to squeeze him out. That battle was one of the coolest experiences I’ve had in GT Sport so far. Like, I was actually sorry when the race was over.

21. nissman

nissman

Some intense racing around 130R and Casio chicane in the opening lap of super formula race at Suzuka against EMEA nations points leader PR1_Josete.

22. watto79

watto79

Honestly it'd getting pretty embarrassing. I'm not terrible at this game but whatever it is that needs to click with this car hasn't clicked yet. I've even taken to asking David Perel for advice on YouTube. My goal for the season is to have one not terrible Gr.3 race, and then change manufacturer as soon as possible!

Hope to see you at DT Seaside :tup:

Ashthebash likes this.
  23. Ashthebash

Ashthebash

Clearly far from terrible looking at your DR!

I'm also looking forward to changing manufacturer. The Aston is solid on most tracks in the dry but around Tokyo in the damp it really needs a tow and in full wet conditions anywhere it's horrendous. I'm going all in for the Dragon Trail run this week where I should have solid pace - but I've only got one shot at it so fingers crossed I get a good one

24. Timlour

Timlour

Despite just barely losing 4th to you, I'm really happy with how that Manu race turned out! I was very fortunate that Applepop made a few mistakes that allowed me to get into the slipstream, I don't think I would've caught up to you and @RoadBeef otherwise. Pit strategy was pretty interesting- I think if I stayed out with RoadBeef we could've used each other's slipstream to catch back up to you after we pitted. But you were closer to me than RoadBeef at the time so pitting with you was the safer option.

Final lap, I scraped the inside wall in the penultimate turn which cost me heavily because I lost the draft from @Dodge Lamb going into the home stretch. When I realized you went wide at the hairpin to get a good exit, I tried braking the slipstream just a bit but you still got me at the end. Good racing to all! :gtpflag:

On a related note, it's pretty impressive to me that you're able to drive that GT-R so well. I remember trying it out recently practicing for a daily race and I found that the wheel spin on acceleration was intolerable. Must be because of all that power it has. I haven't even bothered to try it in wet conditions. :lol:

Winnie847, Pfei and OutlawQuadrnt like this.
  25. Winnie847

Winnie847

It’s not often I sniff a top 10 in the top split lobby, but I was close at Nations last night until it was ruined by this guy, everybody’s favorite. I couldn’t pull myself together after he smashed me into the barrier, and just fell apart.

Unfortunately the replay file got corrupted somehow and I couldn’t fast-forward or rewind without crashing the game so here’s the first half of the race, mostly from his perspective. As you can see and as many already know, he’s very fast, very sloppy, and drives with what appears to be desperate rage. Let me know what you think.

Here’s a summary of the action:

Lap 1: he gets pushed wide at T1 by someone who probably has no respect for him. He re-enters the track and hits me for the first time. He then cuts across CardierWes into the braking zone of the hairpin and dives on me using my car as brakes, he keeps the position anyway.

Laps 2-5: I manage to keep a reasonable gap to him while attempting to fend off his teammate thanks to dirty air.

End of lap 5: he punts Cooper at Casio earning him 5 seconds, then barges past him and slams into the wall on pit entrance.

Lap 6: he serves his penalty, me, @Jeeves_ACBC and his teammate pass him. Jeeves pits, leaving me in P5 with Destroyer right behind drafting.

Lap 7: in hindsight I probably shouldn’t have given his teammate the inside into T1, but he was faster and I was leaning on my strategy.

End of lap 7: tried to defend from him through 130R but decided to let him have the inside through Casio so I didn’t end up punted like Cooper.

Lap 8: I was gonna bump draft him but he weaved all over the track until he smashed me into the wall giving me damage. Don’t know why I didn’t see that coming.

Thus concludes my gripe session. Things got better for me later. Finished P3 in the 2nd split lobby next slot, and I ended up with a P9 in the MFG top split by staying off the walls and penalty free in the wet to finish the night.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    dlshearon and Pfei like this.
  26. xxPinkyKissxx

xxPinkyKissxx

All i'll say about my Manufacturers race is why do you always end up facing completely the wrong way every time you have a spin :banghead:. Second to last lap trying to turn the car around in a tight barriered road at turn 1 watching 7 cars fly by :mad:

JEverettL and dlshearon like this.
  27. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Only did Nations once again. Qualified midpack with a relatively clean lap, wasn't going much quicker on my second run before I messed up. The race was quite something, went off at T1 which put me last, crashed head on :banghead: into the pit entrance wall after making a late call to pit, had a few battles along the way and finished where I started after all that. Was good fun though it felt like a missed opportunity.

watto79 likes this.
  28. HellzFire

HellzFire

I left the room after seeing the score available. It wouldn't add anything for me and I wanted to watch the F1. If it was more than slot 2 then I'd have raced. I also didn't quit during loading because that would destroy the rooms scoring and wouldn't have lost Dr and the points from my earlier race. It was only fair for me to receive the damage.

I only tried slot 3 because my races were a disaster. Slot 1 I made a mistake on braking in turn 1 in P1 and got a 1.5s penalty. Then later in the race I got a BS 5s penalty.

Then in slot 2, well, see it for yourselves:

Nations I didn't race cause I'm not a big fan of the Super Formula racing.

Pfei likes this.
  29. Benay79

Benay79

Has anyone done any testing for the next Manufacturers race? I see you can select Hard, Mediums and Softs. Which ones do you have to use to avoid a penalty?

30. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Hards are required.

I have a feeling that last CSA slot will always be bad for points. It's very late. Early morning, actually.