2019/20 FIA Exhibition Series Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by nissman, Sep 13, 2019.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Going to try and do the Manu race on Wednesday, but after missing the last two rounds I will also be missing on Saturday. Temps are cooling down here in the desert and Saturday nights will be spent away from a TV. Good thing this doesn't really count for much. Definitely going to change manufactures for the next official season though.

2. KaiB

KaiB

I skiped Manu only did Nations and was a kind of boring race in terms of situations, qualy 2nd and finish 1st, i chased the lider during the entire race, we chosed diferent strategys and in the last stint i found odd that he managed to build some distance but i was on fresh tyres and was a bit pissed cause before he whent to pit he blocked me in the straight before the last chicane, anyway i managed to catch him and we cross the line with less than 1 sec apart, so i finish 2nd but he got a penalty of 20 sec cause he only used soft compound, not much to tell in terms of situations but speed and consistency in that formula it´s a must and was a fun combo, i was surprised that i could escape the carnage but i did all to escape it, Closed T1 and a fast exit and never looked back.

3. pantherjag

pantherjag

A look at strategy for upcoming nations race seeing how the 1 stop compares to the non stop.

Hopefully a few helpful pointers in the video for those taking on this tricky combo

I will try and do a manufactuers guide as well but bit stretched for time

4. koshmare

koshmare

Here's hot lap without wall riding, if you looking for it. (Also Manufacturer)

T_revisio, praiano63 and CurbHog like this.
  5. Ashthebash

Ashthebash

In the practice lobbies I've been in that GT86 is destroying it for manufacturers. I've seen a no stopper and a two stopper run away from the field. Think I'm settled on my own strategy in the Aston and will hope to push for a top six finish if the race is clean, maybe higher if I can take advantage of some people dicing with death!

JEverettL likes this.
  6. CurbHog

CurbHog

Manufacturers
    In the Aston Martin I did 5 laps in a lobby. Tires was worn but could perhaps get one or two more laps. That leaves some 12 laps for the hard. Perhaps Medium is better ?
    After 5 laps I had 10 laps of fuel so perhaps no fuel fill ?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    JEverettL likes this.
  7. breeminator

breeminator

What's the fastest total race time you've seen with the GT86? Fastest I've seen is 32:24 with the Viper, though looking at it again, I think he might have used softs for all 3 stints, so maybe around 32:33 with one of the stints on hards instead.

8. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Premium

Oceania fia kicking off now!

Dezcom, JEverettL, Pfei and 1 other person like this.
  9. Ashthebash

Ashthebash

You've been with quicker racers than me then! 32:24 is faster than the kind of time that was popping up winning on Kie's stream the other night. They were about 32:50 but these guys racing weren't anything particularly special (no offence to them if they read this!), just dipping into A+ in one case. The biggest thing though was how they maintained pace and the car seems to look after it's tyres. The guy who did a two stopper did his first stint on softs, pushing for 10-11 laps and barely lost pace.

Get a car that's quick enough to be top of the practice leaderboard, add in the fact it's good on tyres and fuel and you've got a pretty handy package. I expect they'll do pretty well on the whole

10. breeminator

breeminator

The 32:24 was on Cody's stream rather than a race I was in, but I've seen quite a few people in different cars able to do 32:40ish or quicker. I've done 32:46 in the NSX, but I can only do that sort of time if I get an empty track to drive on, so my strategy will be to try to qualify on pole and drive away from everyone. It may not go to plan.

SmokeyMR2 and Ashthebash like this.
  11. KaiB

KaiB

In pratice for fia Manu i did S/S/H and seemed enough to maintain the pace to get a win in my rank, at least was enough to be faster and maintain equal pace compared to A/S drivers on the lobbys i was in, i´m with 650S and need to fuel saving a lot and i extend the first stint of softs for 1 lap/ 2 depending of how race evolves.

12. Ashthebash

Ashthebash

Also my strategy... but unlikely! So I have the back up of starting last and hoping 19 other cars meet their end in their first encounter with the chicane :D

More realistic is I qualify midfield and start on hard tyres then hope to make up places when others have to do their stint on the hards

13. 05XR8

05XR8

When will we see 24 cars on the Sport MOde grid?

14. SmokeyMR2

SmokeyMR2

I got pole in this race and I had never seen pole and 2nd share identical times, was a good race with some good, clean driving. Good going bud unlucky with that spin.

JEverettL and watto79 like this.
  15. 05XR8

05XR8

Think I pitted 4 times. Pitted lap 1, topped up fiuel, switched from RS to RH and ran in 20th for a good while. Pitted a few more times grabbing Softs each time. Caught all those cars on the last 2 laps. Good fuel economy with no short shifting. Had about 1.5 laps left.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VulcanSpirit likes this.
  16. sunshifts

sunshifts

Did the Manu tonight. Qualified 5th in the Porsche, started on hards and fell back to 11th after a couple of mistakes. Changed onto mediums after 10 laps and capitalised on the two-stoppers, finishing 2nd. Very pleased. Love this longer race format. Make the rolling starts a little closer and it'll be perfect.

05XR8, JEverettL and Pfei like this.
  17. Adam Barber

Adam Barber

They need to fix the rolling starts to what they have on the world tour events first with people close and not starting a second apart with people starting mid corner.

18. stpatty

stpatty

Just finished my testing at Dragon Trail in the Nissan

I'm going to die

CurbHog, Pigems and watto79 like this.
  19. Winnie847

Winnie847

huh? curious why you'd pit after 1 lap on softs. Sounds like you cost yourself several positions there.

CurbHog and Pfei like this.
  20. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I’ll be doing my first FIA race in a long time tonight, I’m super excited to finally get into these! I hope to see some of you out there tonight. :cheers:

CurbHog, Dezcom, dlshearon and 4 others like this.
  21. Rods

Rods

Is anyone doing/has done Manufacturers in an FF car tonight?

Tested a bit and I'm thinking of skipping this one. If anyone has evidence that the race is doable and I'm just lacking tire saving talent, I'll be glad to hear about it and try to work on it! :)

Pigems and Winnie847 like this.
  22. KaiB

KaiB

I think it´s doable, kie25 in a live pratice lobby was struggling with a guy in a scirocco and in 2 lobbys last night FF seemed to keep the pace among all race, softs only last 5/6 or 7/8 laps more then that it´s an extend and only viable if the race it´s going well or if your an alien with a suited estrategy.
    Pit stops are fast and it´s exhibition series nothing to lose only fun why skip..., nations it´s lot worsth cause it can impact SR(rain)

Rods and Pigems like this.
  23. Keith2324

Keith2324

I'm a bit confused about the Manu race for tonight. I have watched a couple of races and the drivers did not pit for hard tires. They used softs throughout the race and did not incur the 20sec penalty at the end. Has anyone else seen this? I thought hards were mandatory?

Keith

Pigems likes this.
  24. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Did they start on a Mix of Hards and something else?

25. Keith2324

Keith2324

Sent you a PM.

Pigems likes this.
  26. Winnie847

Winnie847

Akagi, in Japan, won the top slit FIA MFG race a few hours ago in a Scirocco. He ran the first 7 laps on softs, next 6 laps on softs, then switched to hards for the end, never taking fuel.

Actually, FF cars are the best around that track over one lap because of their straight line speed, but their tires wear more than others. Akagi is a tire-saving animal, so don't trick yourself into thinking you can do 7 laps on softs unless you have that same talent. Maybe just try 6/6 on softs and 6 on hards, or something similar. Either way, try to maximize your time on softs and minimize your time on hards if possible.

Pigems, Rods and Pfei like this.
  27. Rods

Rods

Over one lap, I hands down agree. Over 6, I can’t see it happening :(

After 4/5 laps, it drops off a cliff. I might have to go 5S/8H/5S

Winnie847 likes this.
  28. Winnie847

Winnie847

There's also the option of a 1-stop, in which case I'd use Mediums for as long as I can, then hards until the end.

I really like all these possibilities. It looks like you lose something like 6-7 seconds in the pits if you don't add any fuel, so several options are likely available to you.

Pigems and Pfei like this.
  29. Adam Barber

Adam Barber

Looks like a 2 stop is the way to go with the Aston in practice, can just about 6 laps from the soft tyres in practice with a DS4 so may try either S/H/S or S/S/H in the race. Leaning to the first to give me a stronger final stint.

Pigems likes this.
  30. Rods

Rods

That'd be something like a 8M/10H, or just 9/9 on hard tires. I don't think it's worth it. The stops are short now and delta between tires is fairly big.

Pigems and Winnie847 like this.