2019/20 FIA Exhibition Series Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by nissman, Sep 13, 2019.

1. GhostCaliber

GhostCaliber (Banned)

So, have any of you tried the Manufacturers setup for this week?

I tried it earlier with the GTR and honestly... it's impossible. Like, by far the worst race I've ever seen... I've raced in race in so many different games, and for whatever reason, it's just terrible in GT Sport.

Might just be with that car idk, but even on full wets, there's just absolutely zero grip, might as well be driving on an ice rink the whole way around.

I'm a DS4 user, normally race with no assists (except abs default) but jesus christ... to even get around the track without binning it 50 times, i might have to switch almost everything on.

I cannot understand how it's this bad, the way it drives in the rain is how you'd expect it to drive if you're on old slicks in the rain... not full wets.

Timlour and Sander 001 like this.
  2. breeminator

breeminator

David Perel driving a GT3 car in the wet in real life for comparison:

Dezcom and Pfei like this.
  3. Pfei

Pfei Premium

And maybe even better, here is David Perel analyzing the wet track update and directly comparing it to real life:

Dezcom likes this.
  4. breeminator

breeminator

He didn't do that correctly - look at his lap times relative to the world #1 time of 1:44.2 in the current manufacturers free practice. I think he did it in TT mode with a low amount of wet track grip reduction rather than real (which would have required setting up a lobby).

Pfei likes this.
  5. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

He did that incorrectly and then posted a new video after with the correct physics:

Edit: Consider me ready for Wednesday.

[​IMG]

6. 05XR8

05XR8

Hoooooly frijoles, Man. Just did a lobby run. All I have to say is, if you're in the race with me tomorrow, just please be wise. It's not worth divebombing in this one. I give room, but that don't mean to pass or slip up the inside at the last minute.

TCS 1, 2, 3. For 15 laps, it's going to be a chore. I started with a 2.08. Next lap 1.57. Next 1.55. I don't even care about trying to set a fast time. It'll be about survival. Also, is it too late to request a longer wiper blade?
    [​IMG]

7. KaiB

KaiB

Pff i predict a bump fest on wet conditions, acutally my lap times are not bad, i´m using a Ds4..., im runing in 1:49/1:51 steady laps whitout much practice but for god sake it´s like running on ice T1 will be like an avalanche XD.
    Probably the wise choice it´s to begin last really dunno.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    05XR8 likes this.
  8. watto79

watto79

Conditions really are treacherous. I've had to turn TC back on after not using it for a year. Feels like lap 1 will be a lottery spending more time looking behind than forward to dodge any sliding cars. Get through lap 1 and its 14 laps of trying not to make a mistake.

Racing is going to be interesting. Must avoid the temptation to try and out brake anyone! It will only end badly!

9. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

10. 05XR8

05XR8

Maybe an association with the Moto2 team?
    [​IMG]

11. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

I'm thinking of joining the Manufacturer Series. I just need to decide who to join...
    If you reply with "Dodge," i'm going to scream at you.

NosOsH and dlshearon like this.
  12. NeSSaYah

NeSSaYah

When the new FIA season starts - will I be able to choose a different manufacturer than for the exhibition?
    I think last time I couldn't, but I don't remember that well, hence the question.

13. tankuroded

tankuroded

Thinking to stay with Honda for manufacturers, but I might consider other Japanese manufacturers...

14. LogSwapper

LogSwapper

Just noticed that the final manufacturer slot is 26:40, so effectively 3am. Curious to see how many participants there’ll be. If I manage to stay up that late. :)

15. 05XR8

05XR8

Two Gr.4 races at the same location? Has this happened before?
    2019-09-17.png

dlshearon likes this.
  16. watto79

watto79

Before the start of the official 2019 FIA Manufacturers Series you were allowed to change manufacturer. PD did also announce that we will be able to change manufacturer between each of the 2019/2020 Exhibition seasons.

With all that in mind, you should be able to change manufacturer before the next proper season starts next year.

In short, yeah probably.

Landy1264 likes this.
  17. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Don't remember it happening. But that's BTCC finale weekend

05XR8 and dlshearon like this.
  18. JujUltraSG

JujUltraSG

Not the same circuit. One is the "Indy" Circuit which I never tried. Don't even know if it's available :confused:

19. NeSSaYah

NeSSaYah

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I didn't play much in 2019 but in 2018 i recall I was quite surprised that I couldn't change the manufacturer after exhibition. But maybe I am wrong, was a year ago.

20. Famine

Famine Administrator

The Indy Circuit is the short one, and both have been in the game since day one. And the Beta before that.

dlshearon and Landy1264 like this.
  21. Lost Sheltie

Lost Sheltie

Are any of the Gr.3 MR cars easier/harder to drive than others?

I am trying to decide between Lamborghini, Ferrari, Mclaren, Citroen & Audi. Normally I would avoid the MR cars simply because they are harder to drive, but fancy a challenge (but not too difficult) for the exhibition series before I head back to the safety of the FR cars.

22. schnick

schnick

And the special pre-release build we used and GT Academy Nationals in 2016 :lol:

Landy1264 likes this.
  23. Benay79

Benay79

Thinking of avoiding the first race. Going to be carnage in that rain. Annoying as i'd like to give it a go and have put in a 1:47.9 as my fastest lap so far in practice but there's no way you're not going to get punted off. You need to brake so early for some of those corners. I also doubt i'll be able to complete that number of laps without binning it at least once!! Only reason i'm tempted to do it still is that surely others are going to bin it too and hopefully more often than me :lol:

Landy1264 likes this.
  24. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

The honda is a blast under rain. Tested in online room , 1.46 high 1.47 regular. One 1.50 due to to mistake. Hard to stay focused during 15 laps. FR cars with high torque are almost undrivables.

Timlour likes this.
  25. Lazybike

Lazybike

I used the 650s last season, it's easy to drive by MR standards but not the most competitive.

O_Maverick_O and Lost Sheltie like this.
  26. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Did some laps in the Genesis last night in the rain. Pretty consistent mid 48's with TCS on 2 and fuel map 2. Anything less is undrivable for me. Just going to take this one easy and get some points.

27. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Why fuel map 2 ? Less power ? Easiest to manage throttle ?

28. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Exactly.

praiano63 likes this.
  29. GhostCaliber

GhostCaliber (Banned)

No idea why you put that video there.

It has almost nothing to do with what I said...

I didn't say the graphics of the rain were terrible, or that it wasn't difficult to drive in the rain in reality. What I said was they've got the level of difficulty way wrong with full wets... When it's raining medium (to where you still need full wets, but not Japan GP 07 kind of rain) full wets will not be sliding around like they're driving on Ice... that's consistent across any sport, even when they don't have traction on!

The full wets in the rain on GT Sport, drive like you'd expect slicks to, with absolutely zero grip... which just makes zero sense at all.

JohnDoeGER likes this.
  30. GhostCaliber

GhostCaliber (Banned)

I was doing that anyway before this, because I live in the UK but I have a US PSN account for buying all my games because historically it was significantly cheaper the last 10 years.

But that means I get put on US servers with any games that are region locked... so the times for me were:

- Nations: 23:00, 01:00, 03:00
    - New Nations, 23:00, 01:40, 04:20
    - Manufacturers, 00:00, 02:00, 04:00
    - New Manufacturers, 00:20, 03:00, 05:40

So yeah, it sucks for me right now, I basically have to hope that I get a good result in the first slot every week otherwise I'm f*kd