2019/20 FIA Exhibition Series Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by nissman, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Rods

Rods

Isn’t it ironic that the Exhibition series counted for qualification, thus not being an exhibition in itself?

Pigems likes this.
  2. dimassa19

dimassa19

This is an indication of a second rain condition for Tokyo, since they were using wet tires (W) in the World Tour.

3. bduddy

bduddy

Strangely enough the required tires in these sections are still very strange, such as "Comfort Super Soft".

theschledy likes this.
  4. Achika_Kuonji

Achika_Kuonji

Top16 races are moved from 2nd slot to 1st slot. In Japan, Top16 Nations will start on 2000 JST and Manu will start on 2120.

5. PSDazmaniac

PSDazmaniac

Also, in certain Nations and Manufacturer races, where stated in the race rules, drivers will have to use both compounds of tyre during a race.

The extract from the notice reads:-

The 'Tyre Requirement' rule applied in the World Tour events will also be introduced in the Online Championships. Players must use each of the specified tyre compounds at least once during the race. In the event that this rule is not followed, a time penalty will be added to the player’s post-race result.

Loverson, Pigems and Novalee like this.
  6. 05XR8

05XR8

What if one of the TBA tracks is Valencia along with the Supra GT4? I wonder...:sly:

Pigems likes this.
  7. Racer93

Racer93

I believe Tokyo will have 3 different wet conditions, like RBRing has.

8. dimassa19

dimassa19

One of them at night... :D

Loverson likes this.
  9. Sander 001

Sander 001

So was Spa licensed for just a single occasion ?

gtpierre likes this.
  10. Sander 001

Sander 001

So they're forcing to
    I picked Honda too, after being with McLaren for a long time and so far I am impressed! Did a FIA practice race at Nurburgring and it handles beautifully , much nicer than I remember. Some oversteer under trail braking but set it to -1 BB and it's sweet! Even tire wear too.

This is the GT3 I'm describing , I don't race gr4.

[​IMG]

05XR8 likes this.
  11. 05XR8

05XR8

Just have to pray not to get booted. Don't think I'm staying up til 23:40 to race.

12. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

13. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

That would make no sense at all, just have patience, it's coming. They wouldn't show it otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2019
  14. 05XR8

05XR8

Seems exciting and I'm just waiting for the Matching to start. MAy cruise around for this one.

edit: AMG Cup
    [​IMG]

Edit: I did RM/RH/RH. Started 17th(with one lap qualy) and finished 15th. CRuised around, did my pit stops and found other players were coming back to me. I was fighting for 10th and I get punted at the final chicane, on the last lap. I had fresher tyres than everyone toward the end. MAde up time and places.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Barry R likes this.
  15. JayOTT

JayOTT

I love this change. FIA before just didn't look fun enough to me to want to play for the sake of playing it, whereas now it does, and whilst I don't think I'll be contesting the full season, I definitely want to try it out again on a round by round basis.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2019
    Landy1264 likes this.
  16. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Premium

Manu first then nations! Go the ferrari!

Sander 001 and Barry R like this.
  17. Haitauer

Haitauer

Damn.. i'd really love to stay with Ford as i have since beginning and try to make that Mustang fly, but with 15k km in that gr3 'tang im still a second faster after 5 laps of Nurb GP in the Merc. :guilty: Gutted..:indiff:

Now i really have no idea where to go with the Manu series..

We really need some love for those mustangs from PD to make them work on slower tracks.

18. Barry R

Barry R

Looking forward to Nations tonight, Had a practice last night. Found sitting behind 1st place short shifting occasionally made the fuel last (AMG GT3 16). Stopped at the end of 8 (1st stopped on lap 7) and rejoined just behind 1st and sat there until i thought the fuel wouldnt run out.. looks like its going to be a 1 stopper for me... unless everyone does a 2 stopper.
    Wont get the first race in due to family commitments (whats that all about) so it will be race 2 and maybe race3...
    Hope its as clean as last season!

Leftcurl likes this.
  19. 05XR8

05XR8

Here are the final laps

20. Haitauer

Haitauer

Manufacturer series races are coming and going in my calendar.. are they messing with the events or is my game messed up? :odd:

21. Ashthebash

Ashthebash

Want to have a go at these Nations and Manufacturers cups, love the setup of them, then only notice they've started today! Chosen Aston Martin, might have a go at RBR later if circumstances allow but having had a few qualy laps I envisage at least 20 spins! Maybe less when I turn the engine down for the actual race (really wish I could do that in practice).

Anything other than last is a bonus! Then start proper on Saturday... (nah, busy...), Wednesday... (nah, out)... Saturday... (nah, busy)... Wednesday (nah, on holiday!)... BLOODY HELL!!!:lol::banghead:

I'll do them when I can!!

22. 05XR8

05XR8

My RBR Wet summary:

Lap 6 excursion. Pitted for fresh tyres same lap
    [​IMG]

Catching up
    [​IMG]

Threading the needle with better traction
    [​IMG]

Two corners left
    [​IMG]

All this, to move up one spot..... 14th
    [​IMG]

Timlour, Racer93, dimassa19 and 6 others like this.
  23. Famine

Famine Administrator

I completely missed that one, but I've updated the article to reflect it.

Also if anyone's wondering why this thread is a LOT shorter than it was, I've moved all the posts regarding the 2019 events to the Archive thread to join their 2018 counterparts. That preserves all of the content and information while also keeping this thread intact for those of you who were using the forum's thread-watching function to keep an eye on it - it's something we do with the Daily Race thread too. I've retitled it accordingly.

Dezcom, NosOsH, GT5Power and 2 others like this.
  24. stpatty

stpatty

How does tyre wear work on wet tracks? How quickly do they go off?

25. watto79

watto79

Just from my experience with the Ferrari, the tyre wear is fine for most of the race but the last few laps become particularly sketchy. The tyre wear indicator would suggest there is plenty of grip left, but I guess as you're starting with such a low level of grip anyway, any level of drop off is noticeable.

Every race distance test I've done I've spun off in the last 2 laps. That could also be down to concentration but I'll be very aware to be extra careful the last few laps.

I saw Kie test a pit stop and it was slower. New tyres also seemed to take 2 laps to get up to temperature. He commented that it felt like the worn tyres had more grip than the cold fresh ones until they were warmed up.

Additional note, only the rear tyres have noticeable wear. Front tyres barely show any degradation after 15 laps.

26. Lilium

Lilium

I entered a test lobbie for Manu yesterday, and had to Leave by the 12th lap.

Is running in the 47's a good pace for DR A+? I feel really slow and slugish

27. stpatty

stpatty

Just had a practice run at Austria. My best lap was a 1:51.7. Maybe I'll be too far away from everyone else to crash in to anyone.

28. Loverson

Loverson

29. 05XR8

05XR8

You'll catch up to the ones that go off. Trust me.

Pigems and Landy1264 like this.
  30. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

That’s what I’m banking on. I can’t run faster than 1:49’s in race conditions, but this race seems like too much chaotic fun to miss.

Edit: never mind, those manufacturers times don’t work for me at all. First slot Nations is all I’ll be able to do on Wednesdays. And not this week since Gr.3 sucks.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Pigems and 05XR8 like this.