2019/20 FIA Exhibition Series Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by nissman, Sep 13, 2019.

1. stpatty

stpatty

I've just had another go - I realised that with slightly lower tyre wear multipliers it might be possible to use Custom Race rather than lobby for practice, provided you change the BOP of your car accordingly and don't mind chasing whatever else is on the track. I got down to a 50.1, with only one other lap in the 51s over a race distance. Everything else was 52 or more. I really can't get any consistency, and I don't know if it's the conditions or me being new to learning manual.

One thing I did notice though was that I'm terrible at accelerating out of corners. The GT-R is quite sluggish at accelerating at the best of times, but I'm getting absolutely ruined here. I looked at the other GT-R and other cars in the replay and I don't see where the problem is. It's hard to be progressive on the throttle with a DS4 but I seem to be doing an especially bad job of it here.

05XR8 and Master Weasel like this.
  2. theschledy

theschledy

Props to anyone doing manufacturers Rd 1 tonight, I can barely get a lap in. But definitely want to see how chaotic this race ends up being.

This making me nervous for round 2. It's definitely an error, but also a reminder that this game lacks a lot of polish, which to me has been one of the most annoying things about this game. 1290799840.png

3. Adam Barber

Adam Barber

Not going to bother with the manufacturers tonight as it may be chaos and my FR Aston Martin is going to struggle against the MR cars, will use it in the Nations cup race to make up for it though.

theschledy likes this.
  4. 05XR8

05XR8

In the race, T2 can get you time, but T3 can kill a lap if overrun. As per normal, GT-Rs are pretty fast on those straights. So, I guess you have a bit of ammo to help.

5. Adam Barber

Adam Barber

It is TRL LIGHTNING what else do you expect.

kalakanto and Landy1264 like this.
  6. Racer93

Racer93

I really hope so :tup:

dimassa19 likes this.
  7. tankuroded

tankuroded

Nations: Got punted and penalized for being a victim, didn't recover from that. Basically, the same as my Manufacturer's debut race.
    Manufacturer's: Disconnected during grid walk and spent a hour escaping NAT 3 hell after that. In the rematch, I find inters and RBRing wet doesn't seem to mix, yet I'm required to use it at one point. Since I'm unsure if starting with different compounds count as using both compounds, I decided to pull a Miyazono (start with inters and switch to wets at lap 1), only to realize I'm not him. (Add to my inability of mastering proper wet roads...)

NeSSaYah likes this.
  8. Famine

Famine Administrator

I was wondering this earlier...

Anyone fancy finding out?

Pigems likes this.
  9. Pelikan

Pelikan

I'm currently undecided on a manufacturer. Do I stay with Ford and continue practicing with the Mustangs or do I sign with Subaru and focus on having fun this season?

I'm leaning toward the latter. If the BoP changes for the official season next year are fair I will most definitely return to Ford.

JEverettL likes this.
  10. stpatty

stpatty

Do you need to use both compounds in tonight's races? The race details page doesn't say anything about it.

11. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Nope not for tonight's ones

12. watto79

watto79

Unfortunately (for you), you didn't need to use Inters for Manufacturers. The "using both compounds" rule isn't in effect for that race. Which is fortunate for the rest of us.

NosOsH and Pigems like this.
  13. PorscheHD

PorscheHD

Wanna do the 1900 race but got kicked when matchmaking so no race for me next is more then 2 hours later...... Why is that?!

14. Lilium

Lilium

Manu here is at 19:20 and I thought it was 1h earlier :( messed up my plans, and I can't attend it

Pigems likes this.
  15. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

RBR Wet was awesome.

Did 1:47:9 in practice but could only do 1:48:4 in Qualy. Started 10th. Silly mistake on lap 8 of looking behind before turning and onto the gravel.

Finished 14th.

Concentrating has to be there for full 15 laps or you will bin it.

Balls of Steel from a guy. Overtook me Lap 1 Corner 1. I had my heart in my mouth luckily we didnt hit each other.

NeSSaYah likes this.
  16. breeminator

breeminator

I've decided to focus on Manufacturers for this season, to reduce the practice time needed, due to not having to test lots of cars before each race. I went with Honda, and it seemed to be a strong option for RBR wet. I've switched to what was originally my main account, which was at 25k DR, I feel I won a bit too easily and probably should do the next race tonight to try to score more points with the higher DR after this win.

manufacturer18092019_1st_25.7k.jpg

17. Famine

Famine Administrator

Public service announcement:

USING INTERMEDIATE TYRES IS SUICIDE

Apart from that, it was a good, fun race. Managed to qualify in 14th - the 911s were untouchable, and I was just getting my eye in (I went 0.7s quicker halfway through the race and every other race lap was within 0.2s either side of my Q-time) - and just pull up to 7th by the end of the race, 0.067s behind a 911 in 6th. My secret? Not crashing. I even got a clean race bonus :lol:

18. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

Now the big question... can we replicate Salzburg xD?

19. GhostCaliber

GhostCaliber (Banned)

good luck to those participating in the Manufacturers tonight.

I'm definitely skipping that one, can barely keep the car on track with the DS4 (Using the GTR) so absolutely no way I'm risking going in there and essentially being nothing more than a bowling bowl taking out pins everywhere.

Nations looks good though.

NeSSaYah and JEverettL like this.
  20. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Good first race at nurb gp with citroen. 5th place , it's a good performance for me because i'm normally very bad on this track. Mercedes was all over the race but i wanted to train with my new car for EU.
    RBR was good til lap 6. Then i've lost the braking point for turn 2 looking behind another driver.
    It seems that the black tarmac on escape zone have grass or dirt properties. After passing there , the already poor grip fall to zero.
    After this i was last and finish the race just to not quit and lose points.
    You also need to be carefull with rear tires when out of slow corners. You wear a lot spinning this way.
    I'll race it again in 1h30.
    I'm surprised also that the mercedes also work well under rain. The others FR are far behind. It seems that PD recieve some millions $ from the german brand.:lol::cheers:

TRL LIGHTNING and NeSSaYah like this.
  21. breeminator

breeminator

Lightning trolled everyone by winning top split with the Viper :D

22. Lost Sheltie

Lost Sheltie

Good night tonight

In the Nations I chose the VW Beetle, just because I know it so well. Qualified a solid 4th, and then sat behind the guys in front for the 1st half of the race, not really much you can do at Nurburgring GP if the guy in front doesn't make a really bad mistake. Leader pitted at the end of lap 6, and then the other 2 pitted on lap 7. I decided to try and stay out for an extra lap and see if I could jump anyone, and I managed it by not taking any fuel. Came out in 2nd, and saved fuel for about 5 laps until I was convinced I could make it and then began to push. Caught the leader on the last lap, but couldn't find a way past.
    Nice 1828 points.

Manufacturers I chose Citroen and qualified 8th after an ok 1st lap, but didn't hook up my last attempt so could have been better. I decided to run TC2 in the race. I knew it would be slightly slower, but I figured it would be a lot safer, so just took it easy during the race and let a few people in front fall off the track and worked my way up to 4th. Tried to put pressure on the guy in 3rd towards the end, but he kept his head.
    1610 points so no way I am doing that dangerous race again.

No vids because I think I only made 1 overtake in both races, so would be a bit boring to watch.

23. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

I was in a practice lobby with FT_Ant. I was doing a few more laps to decide if I still want to participate in this race.
    My fastest time overall is 1:47.2 with the Aston Martin. I saw him get a 1:45.0. I didn't see what car he was in, but nope. Not entering this race, thank you very much.

24. mc0029

mc0029

Mistah_MCA likes this.
  25. stpatty

stpatty

Went from 17/18 to 13/16 in the GT-R in the rain. I passed two cars who spun off. The only other car behind me was another GT-R. I sent an Aston to the Shadow Realm at the top of the hill at turn 3 but didn't get a penalty for it, I think we were going too slowly. I did manage to get into the 1:49s during the race though, I think I did two laps around that. The rest, nowhere near.

Went from 17th to 11th in Nations driving the same car. Went for hards to lap 9 then pitted for mediums. It was a bit of a strange race, but I'm most proud of the fact that these were my first proper online races using manual transmission and I survived. I even managed to pass someone on the outside of a corner while shifting. I'm still surprised myself.

One thing I will say about the new longer races, the break between splits of each championship is needed. I've just run both back to back and I feel like I need a lie down in a dark room for about four hours. Don't sit too close to the screen, kids.

JEverettL, 05XR8, Mistah_MCA and 2 others like this.
  26. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Totally screwed Nurburg race twice. I cant believe myself i couldnt do a 1:56 lap. Love this track but just couldnt do today. So disappointed.

I anyway cant do fia races due to timings but tried today and again about to go to DR B after 2 pathetic Nations Races. So frustrated.

RBR in Wet. Bring it on daily race.

27. GT5Power

GT5Power

Manufacturers was an absolute fiasco in the McLaren 650S. I qualified P16 in a second split lobby worth 2584 points, with another McLaren in P18. After a hilarious and disastrous rollercoaster of a race, we ended up in our original positions, about 80 seconds behind the winner. Remind me never to do Sport Mode in rain again. :lol:

JEverettL and theschledy like this.
  28. Ashthebash

Ashthebash

Well I managed to have a go at the manufacturers, maybe TCS would have been helpful in the Aston though!! Got into a nice rhythm and after a bad start had got from 18th up to 11th -maintaining the same gap to the leaders - then a lapse in concentration on L9, braked too late for the first of the two left handers and after that it was like driving on ice (whether tyre temperature is a thing and I'd lost it all by going off I have no idea, but that's the excuse I'm using!).

Do like this format though and the longer races. I'll get one I can properly practice for soon and hopefully do better than a 16th place finish!

29. Famine

Famine Administrator

I was in a lower split but I did okay... what were your laptimes like?

30. Benay79

Benay79

Soooo annoying. Qualified 8th, made my way up to 3rd, 8 second gap to 4th with 2nd 2 seconds ahead after 9 laps then boom disconnected. Waste of time. :mad: