ELMS

5 April: 4 Hours of Barcelona
10 May: 4 Hours of Monza
19 July: 4 Hours of Le Castellet
5 September: 4 Hours of Silverstone
20 September: 4 Hours of Spa
18 October: 4 Hours of Portimão

ASLMS

12 January: 4 Hours of The Bend (LMP2: French/Hoogenboom/Rusinov, LMP2 AM: Grinbergas/Ware, LMP3: Noble/Wells, GT: Cozzolino/Kimura/Ledogar)
15 February: 4 Hours of Sepang
23 February: 4 Hours of Buriram

Last edited by a moderator:
Then why not save the teams some money and skip a year?
Are you insane? A major world championship not racing for more than a year and basically giving a middle finger to all the sponsors and those invested in this? There's no horribly big deal about this, it's only 8 rounds and the teams will have nearly 9 months off between Le Mans 2019 and (what one may assume) Sebring 2020.

I forgot about the sponsors side of things yea that would work. It's just such a weird move that they went with right?

Are you insane? A major world championship not racing for more than a year and basically giving a middle finger to all the sponsors and those invested in this? There's no horribly big deal about this, it's only 8 rounds and the teams will have nearly 9 months off between Le Mans 2019 and (what one may assume) Sebring 2020.
I was under the presumption that the popular theory on the purpose of the super season was to transition to a winter season format (like in Formula E). Under that supposition, the following "regular" season would start approximately September 2019 and conclude at the 2020 24 Hours of Le Mans.

I get the idea of finishing at Le Mans because realistically most people stop following after that race. Why not just have Le Mans later in the year? Like the end of summer? That way everything can be in one year and still end at Le Mans. One race per month.

There had been talks before about making it a winter series like Formula E, but it never really gained any traction.

There had been talks before about making it a winter series like Formula E, but it never really gained any traction.
They didn't want to end the season at Le Mans because if the team/drivers who win the championships didn't win Le Mans no one would be talking about them....

Hard to find traction in winter conditions sometimes

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpeg

AND They are trying to make a road legal version? *heavier breathing*

Havent read that, only that they would be thinking of trying to beat those records. Dont think it's possible or that Porsche has the interest on it. But having in mind that Merc and Aston is going to release and could release extreme hypercars, maybe Porsche does so in the future. Who knows...

Havent read that, only that they would be thinking of trying to beat those records. Dont think it's possible or that Porsche has the interest on it. But having in mind that Merc and Aston is going to release and could release extreme hypercars, maybe Porsche does so in the future. Who knows...
That’s what the article I read said on the issue. But I’m not so sure about the credibility so I wouldn’t take it to seriously.

Yep, top-end motor racing is, by it's nature, untenable. People obviously want to see developments, new tech, new cars...this costs money, big money. It's why we rely on a few companies each year stepping up to the plate to take it on "just because". It's always been this way though. New tech comes along, rules the sport, is outlawed or creates a massively expensive arms race which cripples the sport, etc.

I'm a bit amazed we get such decent racing as it stands now. :D

And than put it back on it’s death bed a few short years later. Its a vicious cycle. :lol:

Wait you didn't enjoy the 95-99 arms race? That spiraled so heavily out of control teams did one of two things: leave or join a more expensive series since they were already paying a ton. (e.g. F1)

Aston Martin says that production based LMP1 cars could save Le Mans racing: http://www.motortrend.com/news/asto...a33108304d30108495b42c6&utm_medium&utm_source

The LMP1 grid will double in size next season with new entries from Rebellion, Manor, SMP, Dragonspeed and possibly others. The LMP1 non-hybrid cars will be performance balanced with the hybrids.

The 2020 LMP1 regs have already been agreed. They're known as GT-Proto and will be LMP1 hybrids, but with strong road car styling cues. They'll be closer (looks wise) to GT500 than DPI. The likes of Toyota, Ford, McLaren, Aston Martin, Renault, Porsche etc. are involved in the reg discussions. Privateers will be catered for as each major component (like the hybrid) will be performance balanced and spec'd, so they can be produced by the well known chassis and drivetrain suppliers.

Last edited:
Its a transitional season before they implement a new cycle in 2020 if I recall.
From 2019/20 the WEC will start in September and end at Le Mans.....like a football season.

It gives everyone an opportunity to run outside F1's traditional schedule, and of course conclude all titles at Le Mans.

Last edited:
Thank God Sebring is back on the calendar. I've missed that track. The 12hrs of Sebring used to be that start of the racing calendar that always wanted me to fire FIA GTR back up again on the PC.

Back