Endurance Racing Discussion Thread - WEC, ELMS etcSports Cars 

• Thread starter Kowhai
  • 825 comments
Oh dammit, I forgot I made this comment. Um, I was thinking of this comment:

However, I just noticed he was guessing. Sorry...
Right, well the ACO or WEC were thinking 20 million about the cars so it can't be DPI as that is a vast amount cheaper. I think it was something about Ford saying they want parity from what they race in the US to what to race in the WEC.

Honestly I think the proposed rules are built around a chassis similar to DTM/SuperGT with your own engine plus a hybrid system.

Last edited:
Dang. Can't CR make an official GT3 car and do the B12H? It's long overdue.

I doubt they ever will since these days a successful "customer" support program consists of supplying far more than spare parts and some technical support.

Honestly I think the proposed rules are built around a chassis similar to DTM/SuperGT with your own engine plus a hybrid system.
That sounds actually like a fun idea if they were to do that. This is probably silly for me to ask, but would they look similar to DTM/Super GT cars?

I don't think the concept is too bad looking. As long as the top class is full of competitive entrys, hopefully still reaching the 3.20 targeted lap times at le mans I'd be really happy.

Watching the last two hours of WEC Fuji with still 1:15hrs to go. Kobayashi has to win at his home race. Not sure if I missed a lot? While watching with my left eye need to check internet with my right eye. GTEPro is my personal favorite class.

I'm watching this race purely because of GTE. :lol: Been some great battles so far. Hoping for a Porsche victory. Would like to see Aston Martin get up there as well.

Very good Ferrari battles at the end. Camera work has some room for improvement. In the heat of the moment switching to pitlane cheering crew....and then two or three replays later and still not seen the Ferrari battle completely. Sorry for complaining ;)

Corvette will be running a silver scheme in Shanghai.

Redlin1.jpg

redline2.jpg

Brabham targets 2021/22 FIA WEC entry an Le Mans return
written by Vince Pettit January 9, 2019
penci2-holder.png

Credit: Brabham Automotive
Adelaide-based Brabham Automotive has announced that it is targeting an entry to the 2021/22 FIA World Endurance Championship entry to the GTE class with their BT62 track car.

Branded as ‘Brabham Road to Le Mans‘, the manufacturer is targeting the jewell in the crown of endurance racing with the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

The programme will be run and funded in-house by Brabam Automotive and their commercial partners, linking directly to the Brabham BT62 Driver Development Programme, meaning early owners of the track car will get a chance to test for the Le Mans Pro-Am entry.
Read the rest here: https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2019/01/brabham-targets-2021-22-fia-wec-entry-an-le-mans-return/

After their LMP program never actually happened I'll wait until we see it testing before getting excited. This seems far more likely to actually materialize though.

Very happy to see the name Brabham back in Motorsport, the BT62 is a pure beauty, i love that car and the sound.. I hope they will have a lot of success !

After their LMP program never actually happened I'll wait until we see it testing before getting excited. This seems far more likely to actually materialize though.

The P2 rules changed there wasn't really any reason to go forth with that effort, the fact that the road/track car exists and that it wont take much work to get it to a full race car in GTE spec tells me that it's quite possible. People didn't expect the road car to ever happen and it happened quite quickly after they announced the return of Brabham, I see this happening too. If it was something more crazy like F1, F2, F3 I'd be in doubt.

Seems more cost effective than their original plan of starting with an existing LMP2 before building their own and eventually graduating to LMP1.

Yet doesn't actually lock down any guaranteed customers, nor showcase their brand in a significant way. At least this way they can make the cars do a Ferrari or Aston when it comes to sales and operations of the race cars and gain the necessary attention to move forward with the Brabham name.

Back