2019 FIA Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by bduddy, Jan 23, 2019.

1. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

Gr.4: It's an AWD aircraft carrier with some speed to back it up.
    Gr.3: Top speeds may go through the roof, but its aircraft carrier handling has been amplified by the BoP changes to coincide with the physics change

Gr.4: It's a surprisingly good car from what I've heard, as its performance was about the same as the Aston, but it has an extra gear from what I've heard!
    Gr.3: Decent car if you want a balanced setup that leans towards straightline speed. May be bad on tyres but it should serve you well.

Ooh, it's your new manufacturer! Let's see what to expect from your cars!
    Gr.4: A decent all-rounder, again with that 7 speed gearbox that could potentially mean shorter gear ratios for that acceleration yo!
    Gr.3: The power nerf of the Macca apparently hit the car hard as its straightline speed was not as great as when it had an 11% power increase over its stock Brand Central figures. The physics changes should allow for some stability though.

Gr.4: Eats tyres like an FF car, which is also a problem for my M4 as well back then, but should be a somewhat average car for its class
    Gr.3: A decent beginner's choice car with its great stability and handling throughout for the most part. It was THE META back in the Closed Beta days when Tuning was allowed back then. Now with fixed settings, plus that nerf back in 1.06 (though got a power buff recently, plus that mandatory weight increase) made it irrelevant, which paved the way for the RSR and the Beetle to shine through.

TRL LIGHTNING likes this.
  2. Dogue999

Dogue999

Corvette?

3. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

Gr.4: The Corvette is a decent car, as demonstrated by @Nik_Makozi back in the 2018 World Finals Repechage race. Not gonna win everywhere, but it should be effective
    Gr.3: Manual Transmission is recommended as you need to shift 2/3rds on the red of the shift bar in order to get the most out of it. Other than that, it's a great all-rounder

Meanwhile, I decided to announce my manufacturer here

4. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

[​IMG]

Finally made my choice, I'm actually kind of shocked at how much better the R8 is compared to how it was before. So boom, I'm running with Audi this time around.

TRL LIGHTNING and Lost Sheltie like this.
  5. JayOTT

JayOTT

Having just the three time slots for Oceania in order to funnel more players into each timeslot is a sound idea. The execution of this idea however is questionable. Bass came up with a good solution to the potential issues that crop up when the slots are spaced two hours apart;

6. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

The snakes return :D
    fia alfa.jpg

7. Sander 001

Sander 001

Who are you going for? I picked Mercedes because I made a nice livery for it

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    Mistah_MCA and Lost Sheltie like this.
  8. Pubs16

Pubs16

I get the idea of why, but gee that’s gonna be fun to try rush home from work to and to have decent results in each Championship. I’m a bit devoed by this.

9. JayOTT

JayOTT

Went with Alfa Romeo. The Group 3 car is a bit different to what I'm used to but I don't want to write it off. Nonetheless, it's the Group 4 car that will likely score the bulk of my points this season.

Loverson and Dodge Lamb like this.
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

Whoop, hold the phone! Just signed with VW Team Motul. Never drove the Beetle and I'm feeling TCR Australia. So, going with the Scirocket as we've had some awesome races in the weeklies. Still love my Hondas though. You might even see the "Gathers Drider R" livery make an appearance. ;)

IMG_6403.JPG

11. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

Ok, so you didn't drive for Honda then...
    Gr.4: Yes, the Scirocco has that speed advantage over some of the RWD speed cars, and also has the best handling out of all of the FWD cars, plus probably has a tyre wear advantage over all of the FF cars.
    Gr.3: The Beetle and the RSR became the new stars of Gr.3 after the nerf of the Genesis, with its beginner-friendly handling allowing it to be easily accessible for everyone, from the gentleman drivers to the pros. The GTI gained popularity after @Tidgney did BoP testing to this car and it was an absolute monster in straights and a turning ability that can be best described as turning a destroyer like a super saloon.

05XR8 likes this.
  12. Dodge Lamb

Dodge Lamb

Sending lots of love and prayers for every single Gr.3 race you have to do.

Lost Sheltie likes this.
  13. Loverson

Loverson

Problem is that that category is too unbalanced. There are very few top cars and gets boring pretty fast. It took me months to see this well since last december but i'd rather take One Makes over broken mess.
    Good luck with Gr.3. It is not that bad but Gr.4 is indeed the money maker

bloodyboyblue and Dodge Lamb like this.
  14. Dodge Lamb

Dodge Lamb

Another thing to note is that the X-Bow is just completely busted on tire wear. It's pretty much on par, if not better, than the Alfa Gr.4 relative to its class. It's best on raw lap pace and wear at the same time.

bloodyboyblue and Loverson like this.
  15. Twissy

Twissy Premium

I dont know if anyone has tried the GTR since the update but it doesn't go round hairpins! Like driving an Artic lorry

... Actually let me amend that.. it doesn't go round corners

RuddRacer and RZQSPEED like this.
  16. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

2 Brazilians, 2 Chileans, 2 Mexicans, 2 Argentinians....errrr 2 Bolivians? A random person from Guatemala maybe?

17. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Do they walk into a bar?

Lost Sheltie and VeeDoubleU like this.
  18. Pigems

Pigems

So how does the point system work in the FIA races? If you’re not winning S/A+ races you really don’t have a chance to gain enough points to move on to the championships right? Or is there a championship for each DR level?

19. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

It all depends on the Strength of Field, which is calculated by the average DR of the entire grid. A 20 car grid with 75K drivers will worth more points than a 52-35K grid. Top 16 Superstars are worth more points due to the multipliers they were using to exponentially increase their points just for being there.

Pigems likes this.
  20. Lost Sheltie

Lost Sheltie

You can set yourself targets for what you want to get. For me it is the S badge (being top 10 in your manufacturers league, or being top 200 in the nations), and trying to be top 3 in my manufacturer or top 20 in the UK. There aren't separate leagues for each level as of yet, but maybe they will bring it out in the future.

If you want to have a chance to get to the finals then you will need to get your DR up close to the 75k limit and be in the top split races. You can sneak in with a lower rating if you choose a less popular manufacturer and the other regions do well, but that isn't exactly easy to do as you have to be very lucky. Basically you have to be very, very fast.

Note that the S ranking is no decider of what race you get in - I am around 40k ("A" really) and have the S ranking, so generally I am in 2nd/3rd tier races.

Pigems and Hasnain282 like this.
  21. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

Thankfully for me not much because I can only do Saturday races :lol::lol::lol:

Dodge Lamb likes this.
  22. Dogwolf77

Dogwolf77

I have and it will corner very smoothly if you brake just a little bit earlier and have the brake bias to the rear 2 GR4 or 0 for Gr3.
    I chose Nissan; I endured all the purgatory I could stand with Ferrari last year. The GTR is smooth and sounds so much better than Ferrari. Way more control.
    I had tested several cars before landing on Nissan. Mitsubishi and VW were runner up. Mitsubishi over Subaru simply because fewer drivers to compete against. The Gr3 Bop helped.

I hope there are no BOP adjustments for GR4...

23. darth_tails

darth_tails

So as promised yesterday here are my entries for Ford in the 2019 season, I am not sure I'll race all the liveries but going to try my best!

My favorite character of all time first Lina Inverse!

Team Inverse.jpg

Followed by Team Vocaloid:

Team Vocaloid.jpg

Lastly not forgetting my other favorite video game characters Sonic & Tails:

Team Sonic.jpg

Yes I am aware the IngIng Motorsport mascot is stealing Tails limelight but I liked the way the livery turned out combining the two!

Sander 001, Dogwolf77 and Pigems like this.
  24. Pigems

Pigems

Cool, thanks for the info, my target is getting to the championship finals someday. So basically if youre not high A/A+ it’s just another race and there is nothing really not much to gain other than more DR points with no chance of reaching the finals. I thought there may be a tiered/flighted championship for each DR lever.

I’ll get to A+ eventually, I was 2500 points away at one point on my old profile before a bad stretch reset me, but no where near 75k. Hopefully someday lol. I didn’t know that all S drivers weren’t A+ though, I always thought they were. Thanks again for the info. Back to trying to gain more points now in hope of getting to 75k! Have a great day everyone and thanks again for the info. :)

25. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

Basically. But Nations is divided into overall(Americas for us), then by country, then, by Province(for us).

I think as Canadians last year if you could crack the top 10 in the country you could have a chance to make a live event. Barring you aren't from Quebec.

Manufacturer again has the overall, then by manufacturer, the again by Province, but it will only show people from your province with the same manufacturer, unless they changed that.

manufacturers last year juts seemed like kind of a side show and was never really the focus of any live event so I never really bothered, even though to me it's the much better format.

To make the final in Manu you have to be 1st place among your Manufacturer and be one of the manufacturers that qualified, to be honest I can't remember how that was decided.

You can set little goals for yourself since average joes don't have a chance at making a live event.

Personally I am happy being a DR:B because I like to count just the DR:B drivers who are ahead of me and make my own little "B Division" Standings. Last year in the Final Season I was 24th I think overall and 4th in Canada among DR:B drivers only, which sound alot better than 193rd overall and 26th In Canada.

Would be nice, but like I do I just count it myself to make me feel better about being average.

Pigems likes this.
  26. Kwame

Kwame

Nope not all S are A+. I am SS and I have 26k Dr or there abouts. Got S for being one of the higher Mazda drivers. My first three manufacturers races in the Last season were good. Then I tanked the rest but only the top 3 counted so I am SS now... for now.
    Anyone can get it. Be from. A country with few drivers or pick a not so popular manufacturer. Then just be respectable in some races.

27. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

@Pigems I should also have added that , unless they change it this year, the only season that actually counts for anything will be the the Final Season which was in August last year. The rest are just for fun and to gear up for the final official season.

Pigems likes this.
  28. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Not only KTM BOW and Toyota SFR. The Porsche 911 GT3 (996) 2001 is very performant too at N300 and also a gem to drive around the first nation track. Going to test it in a room later to check the tire wear.

29. Dogwolf77

Dogwolf77

This was the pivotal factor in my narrowing down manu into Nissan and Mitsubishi. They were not quite as popular as Chevy, BMW, Porsche, Subaru and others I would have preferred otherwise. I’m hoping people shy away from Nissan now that I chose it . I personally love how smooth it handles, both gr3&4

Lilium, TRL LIGHTNING and Pigems like this.
  30. vvise

vvise

Merc was fun last season.

Currently the DNA team is voting on where we're all signing up. I was the only one not on Porsche last season, oops!

In the official season we're all splitting up to improve our odds but for the exhibition rounds it's fun to stack one manufacturer.

Sander 001 and Winnie847 like this.