2019 FIA Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by bduddy, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Famine

Famine Administrator

It's always worth a try :D

I was tempted to have a go with the McLaren F1 though.

Lazybike likes this.
  2. Lazybike

Lazybike

I Seem to remember the last time I tried the Xbow in N500 it was a bit of a handful! There's something about the gearing on the Mclaren that puts me off it, I used it in a lobby at Catalunya and never got out of third :)

3. Lazybike

Lazybike

Akagi is streaming his race in the Xbow now if anyone needs any pointers :)

4. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

33x tire wear was a pain but I still toughed it out in the Mazda 6. Low B/S (SR was like 85 to 90-ish).

[​IMG]

Cerebral303, 05XR8 and dlshearon like this.
  5. Matty28

Matty28

Bit late posting this but hey ho it's worth it

Followed an intense battle between Fuvaros and TsuTsu for basically the whole race and split them at the line in the Wednesday's manufacturers:

6. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

The meta might be Porsche or XBow for Nations today but I don't like how either handle so I'm taking on Fuji in either an F40 or F50, not quite sure which yet.

Lazybike and dlshearon like this.
  7. stpatty

stpatty

The XBow is my go-to car for these but I seemed to be much faster in the 911 quite quickly.

Lazybike likes this.
  8. Lazybike

Lazybike

It's 911 for me..the Xbow on worn tyres is way above my skill level!

9. stpatty

stpatty

One XBow in my lobby, nineteen Porsches :lol:

Ed -

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190413183913.jpg

Went 5 laps on hards, 4 on mediums. Some strange pit strategies from the other people in the top 5/6, the two leaders went in on lap 4 on softs and mediums and everyone else seemed to be different, or at least nobody near the front was doing the same as me. After the pits I think I was in 6th or 7th and got through people hassle free (including one guy who outbraked himself by about three miles at turn 1), eventually took the lead on the last lap going into the stupid chicane at the bottom of the track. I think my highest FIA points total is 916, but this was slightly more nerve-wracking.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Cerebral303, Lazybike and dlshearon like this.
  10. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

Stream is up again, both competitions tonight, lets hope we can get a win although not practiced much again :p!

11. pumpunku

pumpunku

Do everything you can no matter what
    Check out @BrunoSousaFer’s Tweet:

Dimitri likes this.
  12. 05XR8

05XR8

Those racing brakes work wonders. The Gr.B/3 Road Cars are similar to using the Megane Trophy. Now, I want to collect them all. ;)

dlshearon likes this.
  13. Tomsoft

Tomsoft

Oh well, another bad day for me, even worse than the last one.
    Manufacturers Cup:

Funny enough, this one ended up to be the better race of the day. Qualified a very bad 14th position, I was absolutely not comfortable with my Mclaren at all.
    Race is all okay, the car just felt like an absolute rock, either understeering or oversteering completely.

Finished: 13th.

Nations Cup:

A very good quali puts me on 3rd, although, I messed up the qualifying lap I was preparing for.
    Race start was a complete mess, I spun coming out of Turn one, falling from 3rd all the way down to 17th.
    i managed to catch up to 8th position until lap 6, where I had a battle with someone else. Not directly sure what his idea was, but while we're running down the long straight, I got pushed into the right wall from him, eventually getting hit at Turn 1 once again and going down to P15.
    Frustration goes on as I get hit once again in the chicane in the 8th lap, falling down the order once again and making my 2nd pit stop on the 18th position.

Tried to at least finish the race.

Qualified: 3rd
    Finished: 18th.

Currently I'm not even sure if I have the joy of continuing to participate in the GTCup. Next round might decide wether I'll keep fighting, or just sit out until the 3rd Exhibition series starts.

14. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

I went for the F50 in the end and came 5th, expected really since the top 4 drivers above me were several DR levels higher.

As the four fastest drivers left me behind, and the 15 slower ones got smaller in my mirrors it was a relaxing/boring race aside from traffic in between the pit stops I did on lap 3 and 6.

Keeping fast on softs and avoiding offs is the way to go, saving way more time than trying to hug the fast curves and tight chicanes with bald baloons.

dlshearon likes this.
  15. gtpierre

gtpierre

Well that was a race to forget.
    I drove so bad at the manufacturer race (finished 18th/last) that I'm thinking of changing my PSN to "Vadim Kogay"

16. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt Premium

I may try no stop on the X-Bow one of these slots...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Dezcom and MrCooper like this.
  17. pantherjag

pantherjag

Well Nations turned out to be as little fun as I expected it to be. I just dont get on with road cars and find them no fun to drive.

Anyway decided to use the gt by citroen gr3 road car just to different and because out of all the cars I tested it at least had a front end.

Qualified 14th and as expected the race turned out to be a bump pass ethon. Decided my main contribution to the race was to take out a German in an xbow that was just driving like a total moron. Got a 4 second penalty and wound up last in the process but at least I made them quit

Anyways I served penalty and pitted end lap 3 for mediums and drove it home. Car was actually nice on the tyres and somehow I wound up 13th at end of race. Decided I wasnt wasting time doing that again lol.

Manufacturers was good. Qualified 4th for Toyota. Silly early penalty dropped me to 7th but fought back well via good pace and others penaltys. Forgot to pit on lap 6 which would prove costly later.

Anyways after pitstops were done and dusted I was comfortably 3rd. 2nd was the car I was right behind when it pitted on lap 6 4 seconds up road and leader was a no stop megane who was doing a great job and looked like an easy win for them.

However on lap 11 the megane binned it at turn 1 big style putting me up to second and closing on the nexus in the lead who I knew had tyres 1 lap older than mine.

Eventually finished just 1.1 seconds behind. Had I pitted lap 6 the win was definitely on

Still 4th podium of the series for Toyota. 2 wins 1 second and a third.

18. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

Was considering not racing tonight since I’m not really in the mood, but I’m glad I did. Nations was by far the most fun race of the season so far, and one of the best FIA races in a long time. That’s why GT is all about, sliding around, fighting the car and other players tooth and nail right to the end. The polar opposite of the “race the track” and high-downforce testicle-measuring contests that the Gr.1, Gr.2 and Gr.3 races on RS tires are.

I used the X-Bow, drove like a dream.

19. 05XR8

05XR8

Picking up from my first of two pitstops. Started 7th got a penalty on lap 2. The Jag parked the car on the penultimate corner, but I finished strong for 8th. Fun race.

20. JoeDaSnow

JoeDaSnow

In the seventh round of this season's Nations Cup, I started second and finshed fourth (video below). I had scored 310 points in this round, which is the highest I had so far.

On the other hand, I did not achieve the same amount of success in today's round of the Manufacturers Series. I started 13th, only to drop six spots to finish the race. It was the worst finish I ever had. I had felt uncomfortable with the track and as a reult of this, I'm through with that course in the MS. I guess I'm more suited for the NC than the MS.

21. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

Manu only, despite already prepping the 991 GT3 RS for Nations due to the fact that last-minute switches are bad for me.

TRL LIGHTNING likes this.
  22. ntanygd760

ntanygd760

For the sake of being different going with Evo grB road car in mileage store for this last one.

23. MrBrunoA

MrBrunoA

It's time for me to say goodbye to Gran Turismo Sport. The last straw was realizing, a bit late, how broken this game is and how there's no possible competition between pad and wheel users.

The story repeated tonight. In the beginning, my pace is decent enough to fight between the middle pack in the top split lobby, but after 3 or 4 laps it declines abruptly. Without making any mistakes, I simply start losing positions for drivers that were 2 or even 4 seconds behind. These are the tires of me (left) and my opponent (right), both driving the SLS tonight, when we crossed the finishing line.

He pitted ONE LAP EARLIER, on lap 5, while I pitted on 6. Yet, he had almost twice the rubber I had for the front right tire. 6 pixels for me, 11 for him.

[​IMG]

I really loved Sport mode and the FIA races. Wasn't into sim racing before, not even a car enthusiast, but I fell in love with the online races because it was a way to challenge myself and see how far I could go. Never thought I'd be racing against the best one day, but I kept learning and improving and had the privilege of racing in the lobbies where people are clean and respect each other. I risk sounding like a sore loser and I know there're many other pad users out there who are also struggling with the tires, but what motivates me is testing my skill, seeing how far I could go, but that requires fair competition. Was incredible while it lasted, but it's time to find another hobby, preferably one that doesn't involve sitting in front of the TV for one our at 10 PM. :)

gtpierre, Winnie847, Dezcom and 6 others like this.
  24. 05XR8

05XR8

Did anyone mention Northern Isle Speedway, as placeholder for future Nations Rounds? Weird.

RZQSPEED likes this.
  25. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

I did talk about that earlier in the year!

26. 05XR8

05XR8

Okay cool. That's the first I've noticed since participating in FIA events.

27. TheConzio98

TheConzio98

This happens to me too. I'm able to stay competitive for a couple of laps but then it all drops away. My goal instead is to learn to use a wheel, in my case a G29.

28. Warte

Warte

The only thing that I can say to you is don't give up!! If we do it we already lost. However I can't agree with you more about this problem. The controller seems to be a tire eater against other players, and with those crazy tire wear multipliers the races are kind of compromised. And you don't look like a sore loser to me, it is indeed frustrating being no match during a race to people that you know have the same pace of you, and realizing that what could be a good race with people similar to you turns into a panic management experience. For example I still don't know how I finished the Nurburgring Nations race no pitting with the Alfa Gr.4, without crashing! Sorry for my intromission, but you are not alone with this feeling mate.

By the way, today for the first time I believe I raced in the top lobby of the time in South America, with the likes of Bernal, Hellzfire, Praiano and others (cheers mates :cheers:). Although I was no match to them, it was a good experience, and I managed to hit a top 10. Strangely in the first lap, the 3rd player car lagged into my rear bumper ( I was 13th) and send me right through the outside of turn 7 (after the hairpin), with engine damage until the finish straight in that lap. To find more points I entered the last race too, with some of the same good players, but the race turned into disaster to me, since I did a lot of mistakes, so yeah, mismatched feelings today :rolleyes:.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    MrBrunoA and TheConzio98 like this.
  29. HellzFire

HellzFire

I can't catch any luck on Nations. Had a very good lap and starting place with the Xbow, 5th place on the grid on a 2.5k room, which is a lot for latam server. Had 3 911s and one F40 in front of me, so I could fight with all of them with Xbow's tyre wear, but the game disconnected me right before the start :( . Did the 2nd and 3rd slots, 2nd slot (video below) was a good race, terrible qualy. 3rd slot I won beating Didicos 911 in lap 8, but only worth 1.8k points.

Manu did only once. Great qualy lap and went conservative on the pace to keep the tyres ok and avoid penalties.

Dezcom, Warte and dlshearon like this.
  30. Lazybike

Lazybike

I was pleased with my night, finished 4th in the 911 after qualifying 7th and picked up 1200pts, had a bad qualifying in the 86 and ended up 15th, then no stopped to finish 8th for 900pts.

dlshearon likes this.