2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
car choices

Erl_-ygVEAMqK76

ErmCNasVoAAWmii

Last edited:
I look forward to you lapping me. lol
Nah, not in the M4. It's not fast. Got held up with a Veyron and 650S having a fight in qualy.

Was tight into T1. I got a rocket start: TCS 1 and then disable once I get near redline. The Cayman may have won, but it got gobbled up on the first lap. F-Type got a 1 second penalty around half distance and pitted. Caught up on the last two laps. I had a six second gap to the 4th place F-Type. That shows how much wear was costing time(apart from giving room T1 Lap 1, I made no mistakes). I think just me and the Cayman no stopped.

A clean run will benefit cars like the Cayman, 86, 650S and Citroen(?).

Oh and I went from A/B to A/S. Plus a CRB. Using the C7 next.

ErmJHDRVEAAFA1j

ErmJUSiVkAEJbb6

Last edited:
Welp, I did forget to BOP the F-Type. Re-running both cars, I'm now about 2-3 seconds faster overall with the 650S and can also get the faster lap with it. But, the F-Type still feels better to drive to me, although the tire wear is definitely more noticeable when BOPed. Hmm..... not sure which to pick now... Top pic is 650S, bottom is F-Type.

View attachment 984356 View attachment 984357

Is the pit stop time loss about 10 seconds at Fuji?

Will try the no stop, if that doesn't go well, probably try the one stopper.

Amazing consistency with your laps and much quicker than I am haha.

When the F-Type pitted, it was 10 seconds behind me and the Cayman. The Cayman had passed me and spun at the complex before the final turn. I led for a couple laps and the Cayman caught and passed me again. The F-Type was catching me 2 seconds per lap. Passed me with 2 to go and caught the Cayman at the start of the last lap, to pass it after the Dunlop Sign hairpin. Again, the Cayman could have won. Now that I'm back up to A/S, Should be interesting with car choices.

ErmUj1oU0AQ1R2Q

Slightly slower than my time in the M4. We'll see how it goes over the distance versus the Jags.
ErmWqtHVoAc9Z4x

Last edited:
First slot, door 14. Qualifying was made more difficult by a guy who got a penalty on his first lap deciding he wanted to race me. Ended up Q8 after a better second lap.

Off the line well and things were relatively sedate for me into and through turn 1. A couple of cars in front got it horribly wrong going in and ran very wide so I was p6 approaching turn 2. A couple of drivers immediately in front of me decided to trade sideswipes through turn 2 and both spun. Miraculously, their paths opened a McLaren sized gap and, approaching the next left hander I was P3 with around a second to P4.

The guy in first (who is normally at the pointy end in top split) was driving a Jag second was in a Ferrari and the guy behind me was in a McLaren. A few laps of holding positions ensued before a couple of small errors opened the door for P4 to get past in the last sector of lap 6. At the end of lap 7 the Ferrari pitted and I got a run on P3 down the straight. Out of T1 in second and feeling good I ran good laps until lap 11 when a mistake under pressure from p3 let him through on the final turn. The Ferrari had also been taking around half a second a lap out of our gap and by the end of lap 13 he was pulling alongside me on fresher rubber. I let him through at T1 in the hope that he would pull me up to the other McLaren and a battle would allow me to pass, but ultimately he also passed P2 with minimal resistance.

With no more incidents I finished the race in a comfortable 4th and 143 points. My best for the season and so I am one and done.

A really enjoyable race and a great antidote to the disaster I endured at DTS.

Last edited:
So I used the 650 for my first run and meh, it wasn't overall much slower than running alone but I couldn't attack. I was at the mercy of what was around me so I never made anything on those that were pitting and the passed me again afterwards even though they were within a couple of seconds when pitting. I got Q14 in a fairly high lobby and finished 17th and only because 18th had a pen on last lap. So in a field of 19 I did very badly.
Going to try again with the GT-R and pit, I'll at least know what might be best for my main account.

Beware door 8.
Didn't see anyone after the lights went out.

Ermt6pfVEAQcgzI

Got a rocket start. The Pole Cayman must have had TCS 3 or something. So slow to get away. No T1 dramas. Had the Jag behind me and I drove away from there. Slightly slower times than the C7, but times tappered off gently. Baby big Lex was super smooth all race. Was pulling the Jag on the straights. Surprised by that. Anyway, 45 points, but 295,000Cr. for the CRB.

So similar type lobby, but only 18 this time. Need 17th to get the same points and a couple of the same drivers so this should give me a good indication which works better in a race. Better quali and Q11, over a second faster as expected would have been Q15 in the 650. Hope the first corners better this time!!
So a much more enjoyable race and I managed to pull 12th, the times were virtually identical, but in this race I had a uy behind bumping me which slowed me down and got a 2 sec because some idiot couldn't take the 1st corner after pitting. He came 10th and was close enough that I might have beat him without the penalty and would have gotten 11th.
Anyway good race not using the 650 on main, it might be META for good drivers, but it doesn't work well enough for me, if this were a time trial then maybe but not racing I'm much better in other cars.
Bumped my points well up, but now can't check them?????? There must be somewhere they are available?

So similar type lobby, but only 18 this time. Need 17th to get the same points and a couple of the same drivers so this should give me a good indication which works better in a race. Better quali and Q11, over a second faster as expected would have been Q15 in the 650. Hope the first corners better this time!!
So a much more enjoyable race and I managed to pull 12th, the times were virtually identical, but in this race I had a uy behind bumping me which slowed me down and got a 2 sec because some idiot couldn't take the 1st corner after pitting. He came 10th and was close enough that I might have beat him without the penalty and would have gotten 11th.
Anyway good race not using the 650 on main, it might be META for good drivers, but it doesn't work well enough for me, if this were a time trial then maybe but not racing I'm much better in other cars.
Bumped my points well up, but now can't check them?????? There must be somewhere they are available?
Click on the "Archive" box at the top. Then, Click on the top left Nations Season 2.

ErmyRY_UUAA74wT

Click on the "Archive" box at the top. Then, Click on the top left Nations Season 2.

Cheers got it, thought I'd have to remember the password...or maybe even what the email address is and use the website.
So makes more sense, in the race it said I had 124 points in total, but it's actually exactly 100. Not a great first season, but I only did 5 races and I'm a noob so something to improve on next time. So need 28 points on saturday to make them the same, only done 3 Manu so far.
So can I make 100 points in both on all 3 accounts? Don't think so, my main has 67 Nat with 6 races, missed Brands Hatch which was a pity as I can nearly do OK there. So need a 48 pointer and I've dropped to C so that's out unless I do really well in the first 5 and get a good lobby in the 6th. Manu is on 99 so just need to get 18 points. Will check USA later.

Cheers got it, thought I'd have to remember the password...or maybe even what the email address is and use the website.
So makes more sense, in the race it said I had 124 points in total, but it's actually exactly 100. Not a great first season, but I only did 5 races and I'm a noob so something to improve on next time. So need 28 points on saturday to make them the same, only done 3 Manu so far.
So can I make 100 points in both on all 3 accounts? Don't think so, my main has 67 Nat with 6 races, missed Brands Hatch which was a pity as I can nearly do OK there. So need a 48 pointer and I've dropped to C so that's out unless I do really well in the first 5 and get a good lobby in the 6th. Manu is on 99 so just need to get 18 points. Will check USA later.
I notice people are holding multiple accounts, what's the purpose of this?

I notice people are holding multiple accounts, what's the purpose of this?

I used one account for Nations, and one for Manu for a while, when both races happened on the same day. That way if I had a rough race and lost SR in one race, I wasn’t screwed over for the next race in the other series, that happened 20 minutes later. I also have an account just for dailies, not risking my SR in dailies with my FIA accounts, that’s just an accident waiting to happen. :lol:

Last edited:
I used one account for Nations, and one for Manu for a while, when both races happened on the same day. That way if I had a rough race and lost SR in one race, I wasn’t screwed over for the next race in the other series, that happened 20 minutes later. I also have an account just for dailies, not risking my SR in dailies with my FIA accounts, that’s just an accident waiting to happen. :lol:
I have problems just playing with one . Not at that level yet, although I am an SR S rating and am racing dailies and FIA etc.

Well for me it's so I can play with the Aussies and Mericans. I don't have a daily or muck around account like some others, but I'm not good enough to care about going into an FIA with a SR C.
Being thick I know, but having another account means you can play with Aussies and Mericans?

Last edited by a moderator:
Being thick I know, but having another account means you can play with Aussies and Mericans?
Yes there are 3 server groups. Americas, Europe (Africa and parts of Asia) and Asia (Includes Australia) so I have one account for each server group.

It shows differences in attitude and you get to play against people you wouldn't otherwise meet. I played against MaxPower in America and I never get that good a player here, admittedly his USA account was a little low as it was only A.

Last edited:
Yes there are 3 server groups. Americas, Europe (Africa and parts of Asia) and Asia (Includes Australia) so I have one account for each server group.

It shows differences in attitude and you get to play against people you wouldn't otherwise meet. I played against MaxPower in America and I never get that good a player here, admittedly his USA account was a little low as it was only A.
Ah I see, so you get different FIA races too for each server group? Are you eligible?

In the FIA events there are five: North America; Central and South America; Europe, Middle East and Africa; Asia; and Oceania.

Great to know, but I've got enough accounts. I wondered why it's only USA and Canada I see in FIA and the same just Australia and NZ on that one.
So 3 regions for normal play and 5 for FIA???

While I have taken a sabbatical during the current exhibition season (focusing on ACC at first, then just taking a break), I plan to return for the next one and I was thinking about doing this same thing. Not for that reason but because I would like to do the Nations Cup with the Argentinean flag in CSA region and race the Manufacturers Series in the NA region as I would miss racing with many of the NA GTP regulars.

I know many here have been racing with multiple accounts, even on the same region and championship, without any issues. While I'm S/S, I'm nowhere near World Tour level, so I know it's extremely unlikely PD would even care. But I would still like to comply with the rules...

Forbidden Activities
- It is forbidden for a single player to participate in the Series with multiple accounts;

(from https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/fia_championships/2020/)

If we stick to the wording of the rule, since it says "the Series" without mentioning either championship in particular, it looks like racing one account for Nations and another for Manufacturers would still be forbidden. But I assume the spirit of the rule has more to do with using multiple accounts in the same championship. Is there any definite answer or general consensus on whether racing each championship with a different account is allowed or not?

While I have taken a sabbatical during the current exhibition season (focusing on ACC at first, then just taking a break), I plan to return for the next one and I was thinking about doing this same thing. Not for that reason but because I would like to do the Nations Cup with the Argentinean flag in CSA region and race the Manufacturers Series in the NA region as I would miss racing with many of the NA GTP regulars.

I know many here have been racing with multiple accounts, even on the same region and championship, without any issues. While I'm S/S, I'm nowhere near World Tour level, so I know it's extremely unlikely PD would even care. But I would still like to comply with the rules...

If we stick to the wording of the rule, since it says "the Series" without mentioning either championship in particular, it looks like racing one account for Nations and another for Manufacturers would still be forbidden. But I assume the spirit of the rule has more to do with using multiple accounts in the same championship. Is there any definite answer or general consensus on whether racing each championship with a different account is allowed or not?

I’m “pretty sure” @TRL LIGHTNING used one account for Manu, and one for Nations in the last “real” season, but I’m not 100%. So in theory, if he can do it, I don’t see why we can’t?

I'd say you were fine, but what I did might not be. As I did enter each one 3 times, but since I'm not really competing I think I don't have anything to worry about.

I always assumed that as long as we’re not messing up top split races for people who have WT chances, I don’t see it being an issue. It’s just a game for the rest of us. :)

I always assumed that as long as we’re not messing up top split races for people who have WT chances, I don’t see it being an issue. It’s just a game for the rest of us. :)
Yeah that's my thoughts too, aliens need to play by the rules and us plebs can have fun lower down. I really like doing the different nations and seeing the different car choices that are made. I'll just keep doing it, if they have a problem they can tell me and I'll change, but I'm not really affecting anyones results and I'm never going to be a contender.

12th to 7th in the McLaren. Could've been 6th but a Huracan I'd been fighting with all race managed to get enough of a slipstream at the start of lap 14 and made it stick properly a few corners later. I was ~5 seconds slower than my best practice time which would actually have put me 5th, but then that doesn't factor other cars on track. Fun race, bit tense. Looking back at the replay I seemed to be pretty good on my tyres compared to the other McLarens, but it was pretty bad towards the end.

Last edited:
Back