2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Has to be one of the worst races i've ever had on this game. Sick of it. Really, what is the point when people are hell bent on ruining it for everyone. Have gone from an SR S to C in one race. People purposely playing dodgems yet you as the victim constantly get the penalty???? First lap was just one big joke. One Swiss guy was on a mission to destroy everyone and he finished with a blue S???? Has ended any enjoyment i had left in this game.

Is the pit stop time loss about 10 seconds at Fuji?

Will try the no stop, if that doesn't go well, probably try the one stopper.

Amazing consistency with your laps and much quicker than I am haha.

Correct, the pit loss is around 9-10 seconds at Fuji. From the practice races I've done, one-stopping doesn't pay off, although if you're bad at tire management it may be necessary.

And thanks haha, consistency, especially with high tire wear, is something I've been working on a lot.

Not sure if I'll go again.

Door 20. Qualified P12. Didn't manage to get any slipstream.

Lap 1, T1, everyone was pretty cautious round there, 2 or in some cases 3 wide.

From there... well it went downhill lol. Coming in to the hairpin (Dunlop I think), I missed my break marker, did my best to find a gap to shoot through and off track. Only tapped one car, but he wasn't affected and thankfully no penalty.

Put me down to P19, could only get back to P12, for 88 points.

The winner did pretty consistent 1:46.xxx Don't think I can do much better with this one.

EDIT: Decided to go again. Q6, finished P7. 120 points, I'll take it.

Last edited:
Well attempt 1 was a disaster, qualified 6th. Decent start until a Porsche ahead span and hit me giving me a 3 second penalty which put me into the clutches of the Stevie Wonder eSports team as they seemingly had no spacial awareness and pulled me down from there. 18th in the end as a Porsche cut across me and span and a Viper braked to early sending me plummeting.

Nations - Gr.4 Fuji

Today was a roller-coaster.

Race 1: Started 11th, but drawing a 4 second penalty from the Turn 1 lottery and a track penalty for Turn 3 sent me to the back by the end of lap 1. I made good progress up the order, but succumbed to tyre wear and finished 13th.

Race 2: Started 8th and climbed up to 5th, only to completely bottle the last corner and drop to 6th for 113 points. The points counted, but since my next best result was 111 points from Catalunya, I went again.

Race 3: A total catastrophe. Started at the back for exceeding track limits on both laps, got a 2 second penalty for braking too late and ploughing into everyone into Turn 1. I was so fatigued during the race that I accidentally hit the Look Behind button instead of the brakes, sending me off Turn 1 on another lap. My aggression and desperation at trying to mitigate the DR loss resulted in me braking too late into Turn 8 on the penultimate lap and torpedoing someone for a 4 second penalty and a demotion to 18th. I had to put the controller down to calm down from my rage and recover from the fatigue.

Race 4:

UY2893T.jpg

Car and strategy: McLaren, no-stop, BB +3

I found myself in a competitive high B lobby, with all but 1 driver being within a second of the polesitter. Two drivers actually got the exact same time for pole, with the Malaysian getting pole over the Japanese. The pole position turned out to be a curse for the Malaysian, as he was caught on the outside into Turn 1 and plummeted down the order, falling all the way down to last at one point.

I had gotten the better start over the Japanese Aston driver in 2nd, but we would end up spending most of the race fighting each other. As the front-running 4WD and FF drivers were forced into the pits for new tyres, the race came down to a three-way battle for the win between the Japanese Aston in default livery, me (in my white/blue itasha McLaren) and a Japanese McLaren in orange default livery..

HPeNLPr.jpg

I tried to get past the Aston for several laps, but I could never make the move stick. I ended losing 2nd to the orange McLaren at Turn 15 on the penultimate lap, but I was able to keep up down the main straight, hoping that they would end up taking each other out on the final lap.

8b5h8yP.jpg

My wish would come true at Turn 1, when the McLaren tried a dive up the inside. Both the Aston and McLaren ended up going deep into the turn, allowing me to take the inside. The Aston floors the throttle a little too hard out of the corner, causing him to fishtail into the McLaren and send the latter into the Shadow Realm. The Aston retained his lead, but got a 4 second penalty for the incident with me hot on his tail.

Not wanting to throw away a potential win like an idiot, I stayed behind the Aston for the rest of the lap, hoping to capitalise on the penalty to take the win. I was so focused on the Aston that I did not notice that the GT-R on a one-stop strategy had caught up to me. I only spotted the Nissan when he threw it up the inside into the final corner, pushing me wide on exit. Fortunately for me, I just about managed to stay on track, with the Nissan giving me space after the contact. The wider line as well as the slipstream from the Aston about to serve his penalty gave me the speed to beat the Nissan in the drag race to the line for the win and 132 points.
ZAvj4Bt.jpg
RBizAJi.jpg
A3SSyBj.jpg

The orange McLaren ended up on the podium despite his trip to the Shadow Realm, after penalties were dished out to the Aston and a Subaru that had shoved the orange McLaren wide at Turn 3 after the incident.

3XVsFsF.jpg
oEOn7QR.jpg

Now to wait for the final Nations tally....

Last edited:
Infinitely better race that time, Qualified in 8th. Managed to keep it nice and tidy on lap 1 and picked up a couple of spots as others made mistakes. Kept my head down and nose clean until the line. P5, would have been 4th if not for an extremely cheeky move by the car behind on the last corner.

Seems like the penalty system has a grudge against me today for no reason whatsoever. That race was an absolute farce.

What the hell are these for?!

Between that and some really aggressive stuff from other people, turning in on me when I was alongside (which also gave me a penalty, of course) my SR has dropped to 85.

So just missed 1st slot so here we go. D 14 in a full C lobby so lets just get this done and be in the top 10 :bowdown: Someone dropped out so does that make me unlucky 13? Quali disaster, hit a guy coming out of pits pen, reset drop back cos I know the guy in front is slow. He gets a pen and doesn't reset so I catch him on the straight as I go Q3, but he ruins the first corner for me so 2nd try out. Luckily only drop to Q4. Q1 is an F-type next 4 are all GT-Rs:cool:
Yeah great race, false start, blame the guy in front, got back to 6th, get 3 secs because some idiot dives and I cleverly avoid, but the guy behind thinks he can take advantage of the space that doesn't exist and I get a pen. Later on get another 3 secs, this was a 50/50 but that's being generous, I lost it though and rammed the guy. He was slow and blocking illegally though so even if the incident was 50/50 it would never have happened if he was a clean driver. I pitted, couldn't be bothered trying to salvage what should have been a good race for me, when 10th was maybe the best I had a chance of.

Seems like the penalty system has a grudge against me today for no reason whatsoever. That race was an absolute farce.

What the hell are these for?!

Between that and some really aggressive stuff from other people, turning in on me when I was alongside (which also gave me a penalty, of course) my SR has dropped to 85.

The penalties are for: having the background music on during the replay?!? :lol:

But agreed... those are rotten consequences for the incidental contact made in both cases, and it was clear that in both cases, you were trying to be careful not to cause any contact. The penalty system is broken for sure. You can see why the software gave you both (the contact, the car going off within moments of the contact in T1...) but it's 100% obvious they are not fairly applied by any legitimate logic. It stinks that the only way to really avoid them at all now is to absolutely avoid contact at the expense of being passed by people who are not as careful about it, which creates an unfair competitive field. Even then, you sometimes get bumped in the process of doing that, and then you get the penalty, so it's a no-win / double-whammy negative to the guys who want to be clean.

So I know I am knocking around in D and S class ( only started Xmas time) but qualified 4th in first race, only to be rear ended in the first corner! 14th place, recovered it to 4th place finish no stops in the 650s. Got 8 points for my trouble. Went again in the second race and qualifying was carnage, one person had racked up 8 secs penalty by the end of the out lap. Qualified 13th!!! But had a super race and finished 3rd for 14 points, no stops either.
Now question is do I run again? Could I get a better lobby and be up for a lot more points?? Started season in round 6 , so doesn't mean much really?

Even in S class people give little respect, a couple do, but I have remained 99 S tonight after 2 races

OK going again, even if it's just to fix my stats a bit. Door unimportant this is a D race, I really should be low B high C, but can't stop myself from going full berserker, this is why people have alt accounts. Q2, so clear the first corner then just keep clean and I should have a good race. Didn't even check how big the point haul was:dunce:
So first corner I'm in 1st till a guy ghosts through me and gets 3 sec, but I'm now 3rd. We get the guy at PZ then lap 3 I pass the Spanish guy, but he doesn't like it and bumps past at the chicane....HAHAHAHA 2 secs and now I have a lead and stretching. Pit lap 8 and come out 3rd but take 2nd at first corner. Just a Ferrari ahead and I'm faster so think he'll be smart and let me by so he doesn't lose time. Take him at chicane and think he's smart, he get's me back at first corner, fights a bit then falls 2 secs behind only to pit at the end of 12th lap:crazy: So 2 laps left and 8 seconds lead, just stroll home without pushing and stay 8 secs up. First win, but honestly I've been better pleased with coming 6th in a main B race, beating a bunch of Ds isn't really an achievement, admittedly one or two weren't bad and not knocking people cos I suck compared to most. Still one more race like that and I'll be C/S and might get a decent match up to end the night.

So I know I am knocking around in D and S class ( only started Xmas time) but qualified 4th in first race, only to be rear ended in the first corner! 14th place, recovered it to 4th place finish no stops in the 650s. Got 8 points for my trouble. Went again in the second race and qualifying was carnage, one person had racked up 8 secs penalty by the end of the out lap. Qualified 13th!!! But had a super race and finished 3rd for 14 points, no stops either.
Now question is do I run again? Could I get a better lobby and be up for a lot more points?? Started season in round 6 , so doesn't mean much really?

Even in S class people give little respect, a couple do, but I have remained 99 S tonight after 2 races
As long as your DR is going up you will eventually be put in higher point lobbies. Your DR and everyone else's DR determines the points for the lobby.

So I went again, but apparently I must have unintentionally and unknowingly called the mother of whoever designed the penalty system something REALLY bad because it didn't let up. I got slapped with another 2s penalty during lap 1 for the tiniest of incidental contact trying to mind my own business in the midst of total carnage.

Got to love how the Subaru that caused it walked away as if nothing happened too. Complete joke.

Audio purposefully muted too. ;)

Came away from the second race with 83 SR because of this and getting hit by a McLaren through the chicane complex at the start of sector 3 when I was purposefully lifting to let it through because there was no way we could go side by side. I'm done for tonight, this just isn't fun.

Last edited:
A series of unfortunate events.

Picked the Corvette. Felt good in practice.
Bottled my first flying lap in qualifying by overcooking TGR, stayed on though. Had a decent rest of the lap. Set a time roughly a second off my practice. I think TGR was the only corner I got right on my second lap. Ran slightly wider than I wanted at Coca Cola and had a horrible Panasonic. But still managed a lap 6 thousandths of a second better than previously. Only good enough for 16th. Plenty of places to make up I thought as I knew I was quicker than my qualy.

Got a really good start, but picked the wrong side as I quickly got boxed in and lost any momentum. That meant I dropped to 18th after turn 1. There was the traditional spinner in Toyopet 100R. About 4 or 5 drivers ahead had flashing red boxes so all I had to do was be patient. Followed a car weaving through all the ghosts and gained several places. Over the course of the next few laps I was battling with a group of cars. It all seemed to be respectful. Although I got the run on three cars at the start of lap 6 and as I was passing them I saw two suddenly jerk off to the left on my radar so something more than rubbing had gone on. Passed the RCZ ahead and pulled away. I had looked at my tyres and thought they looked fine and decided to try the no stop. Coming out of Advan I decided to move my brakes to the rear to try and help my tyre wear. I should only have taken a few seconds at most. But no my wheel which was behaving up to this point decided no. The dial to change the setting turned but the number didn't follow. I frantically kept swiveling to no avail. Suddenly it jumped to 3 and I realised that the kink before 300R was on me. Off I went and recovered behind the RCZ who must have been bemused at what had happened. I manged to get it to the correct setting and broke for Dunlop no issue. I had perhaps made the wrong decision. Over the course of the next laps I was slowly passed by those on fresh rubber. I never felt like I would go off but my lap times suffered and Toyopet 100R became more of a chore. I passed a Jag coming out of the pits. He decided to go for a move into TGR which was fine as I was not fighting those on better tyres. However he misjudged the corner and cut it heavily. TGR is unforgiving of cuts and spat him out into my path. Yup 3 seconds for me. At the end I finished 16th where I started.
I reckon I lost 5-6 seconds with my stupid error and the penalty. So 14th would have been doable.
This goes into the bin for dropped scores.

This Nations has been tough. Some good combos but bad races. Bathurst for one. Manu been a lot better.

Hoooooooooo-lyyyy snaps! What the heck on Lap 1? Jeez, Louise. Well, despite how the tyre wear looks, the C7 was consistent and predictable. Lap 7 I had to pass a Jag and 650S. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Ermd8QmU0AIbWh_

ErmdqpNVkAoEkn7

ErmduoaVgAIkzBZ

Edit: Last one.

Ermm0X8UcAAjfNs

I wasn't even slightly surprised to see that greenish jag go plowing through everything when I saw that start. That driver has some speed but has a nasty bent to their driving. Had a few run ins with then during Nations this season and would be fine to never have them run me off again. Nice move to climb through though.:cheers:

I give up, lost more DR and SR and didn't even see any racing. Occasionally I'd be battling with someone and having to make good moves to get past them and no matter how they acted when I was behind as soon as I pass them it's BANG.
Going to try and calm down then try 1 USA game and since I'm B/S on that account it's bound to be a good fair race.

I give up, lost more DR and SR and didn't even see any racing. Occasionally I'd be battling with someone and having to make good moves to get past them and no matter how they acted when I was behind as soon as I pass them it's BANG.
Going to try and calm down then try 1 USA game and since I'm B/S on that account it's bound to be a good fair race.

Haha! So true, but I can't help but laugh when I see that it takes "BS" to have a good fair race :).

On the occasions when my wife asks me how the racing is going, I still get a laugh out of her when I say, "It's going great, I'm still BS!"

I just get tired of the scenario where, I get a run on corner exit. The car ahead chooses the inside line. I don't fight them by trying to do a slipstream pass. I choose the outside because I know I won't get the pass done at that next corner. The player then starts moving mover to me when they have all that other space. I get moved over on the grass or edge of the track.

I'm talking gradually moved over. Not punted or hit over. Really annoying.

Idk. Seemed I just could not put all the pieces together.

But! I’ll take a solid 6th. Eventful at the start. Pole guy, or someone in front jumped or had a bad start and we kinda piled behind to avoid. Then had the outside and a few spots going into T1, but played it safe and dropped to about 9th or 10th. Passed a couple before a few drivers pitted, which elevated me to a 5th spot. But didn’t managed my tires early and paid the price. Ran wide at T2 and caught a penalty. So all in all, had a potential podium (banked on a Viper spinning and the other McLaren getting a similar penalty), but I’m confident the 132 points is enough to move up in the standings. If not, whatever. New high in DR.

GL to later runners, I’m going to have a beer to celebrate a pretty solid Nations Exhibition season.

Last edited:
Well had a really good race.....or very nearly. Q4 and managed to get into the lead. Me a 2nd were pulling away, but he was way faster than me and when he went he was gone, he had a 650 and pitted twice probably just to make it interesting. So I pit on 8 and come out in 3rd, but go to 4th quickly. Can't get passed them and for some reason just didn't have the pace tonight, running about a sec a lap slow. So 5th catches near the end of lap 13 and I expect him to slip me on the straight, but no he rams me on the corner and takes the place NO ****ING PEN!!! I lightly tapped him at the chicane and get 3 secs ending up in 6th.
He was faster, could get the place, but why try driving good when cheating is so much easier.
So todays being clean award goes to Australia and only because they were cleaner than the rest....actually USA was fairly clean, didn't see many problems so it's just that idiot I had. But Europe ect was an absolute nightmare.

I just get tired of the scenario where, I get a run on corner exit. The car ahead chooses the inside line. I don't fight them by trying to do a slipstream pass. I choose the outside because I know I won't get the pass done at that next corner. The player then starts moving mover to me when they have all that other space. I get moved over on the grass or edge of the track.

I'm talking gradually moved over. Not punted or hit over. Really annoying.

I'd do the same as them if someone let me

Just hold your line and let them hit you, it's very unlikely you'd get penalised for it. Once you establish that you're not going to get pushed around, they will mostly give you more space.

One and done for me tonight. Was in the first slot with @afc5150 and @KosmoKazi. Qualified 4th.

I was in 7th by the end of the first lap. I didn't want to start battling with anyone right at the start, so I decided to play it safe and be patient, especially with how the penalty system seemed to be more haywire than usual on this track from what I've seen.

On lap 4, I overtook another 650S at the end of the main straight that passed me earlier. Now in 6th, the next driver ahead of me was in a Cayman. We traded positions for a couple of laps, but I noticed I was faster than them on the final sector. This worked to my advantage and I overtook the Cayman on the main straight thanks to slipstream going into lap 8. It was pretty much smooth sailing from there as I was able to maintain around a one second lead from the pack behind me.

full

This will replace my lowest score of 122 points, so a good end to this Nations season for me. Going to aim for the same kind of result in Manufactures this weekend.
Thanks for the livery @Pigems. :)

Last edited:
FIA Nations at Fuji with @afc5150 and @Master Weasel

My worst track, by far, but I had built up my DR to give me a chance at Star Player rating... I needed to match my best score of the year and I had a decent if not outside chance at it.

But thanks to a dumb racer who ruined my qualifying session, it was a waste of the last round for me, even though I had the pace for a mid pack start and I'm sure a possible 8th place or so, which would have matched that top score for me, given the lobby I was in.

I'm so sick of idiots racing on the out lap in qualifying. I had a perfect gap set up for the tow, but a guy in a Viper kept hounding me, all over my bumper on every corner entry... so I tried to let him around. THREE TIMES. Three times, he came to a crawl, so now I've lost the draft, and also likely have this idiot to bother me on my hot lap... What don't people understand about qualifying in this format?!?!

Sure enough, he races me hard into the chicane entry, after drafting me on the back stretch... and then he proceeds to pussy-foot it through the exit, so we end up side-by-side (I still want a decent time... I need to press I can't just back off now) and we touch, predictably, giving me a penalty. Which of course ruins that lap and likely the next one.

So I started nearly DFL, and hoped for chaos in T1 and thereafter, if I could just keep it clean. Somewhat worked, though I got another bogus penalty early on that erased a few of the positions I had gained, where I was up to 12th or so. I fought up to 13th again later, then had to concede a spot to a guy that had pitted for fresh tires. Even that guy... I let him set me up on the front straight, moved to the left side curb well ahead of the brake zone, and indicated with my blinker I would stay left to let him thru at T1... what's he do??! He stays on my bumper through the whole turn, then races the crap out of me on the rest of the lap. then he passes me in an awkward move, leaving me a pixel over the track limits, and I get a penalty, erasing much of the gap behind us (that I was trying to avoid losing by letting him thru in T1... but the moron ignored the chance...).

Not the smartest lobby I've been in.

I missed out on a potential ~130 or so FIA points, if I had qualified where I likely would have (top 10, maybe as high as 8th), which might have placed me in Top 140 in NA and earned a Star Player rating. So I'm salty, admittedly.

I did enjoy the good liveries in the lobby, it's always fun when a bunch of people are in the same cars or in a spec race... the liveries are creative. AFC's awesome KOOL livery was among the good ones. I also enjoyed a little close racing with @afc5150 but we were being held up by a guy who was impossibly slow in an RCZ... as if the qualifying shenanigans didn't already ruin any chance, we were 6 sec behind the pack by the time we could safely clear him... one of the best lobby comments after was directed at him: "____: Delete GT Sport". :D I agree.

It's just a shame the racing IQ is so bad in the first slot... I wish I could run other races but that was my opportunity for the last round, so that's a wrap on my season, and I missed out on the Star Player rating again.

Throwaway FIA points, and lost about 500 DR for the 14th. Came away with a rare white S rating... exactly 0 SR gained or lost... unusual.

Last edited:
One-and-done for me. No one from GTPlanet was in my race, and I only recognized a few of the names overall. I thought I was gonna be in for a tough race because I was Door #16. There was a good mix of cars, predominantly 650Ses, Vipers, and F-Types, with a Genesis, Atenza, and 458 thrown in as well. I chose the McLaren because of the tire wear advantage since I figured I'd be fighting and would need the extra tire life. I decide to qualify on my own since using slipstream never ends up well for me, and I ended up qualifying 4th, to my surprise.

The race start was messy. In all of the practice starts I did with the 650S, I never got wheelspin when banging off the rev limiter, yet on this start, I did, which threw me off and let the pack behind start swarming me. Luckily for me, the person ahead in a Viper started in 2nd gear which still let me gain a position. ...Until T1, when I get rear-ended by said Viper, and then a 458 comes flying out of nowhere, braking way too late. The poor F-Type in 2nd place then got smacked by a Viper and sent down to 17th. I somehow come out of the T1 chaos in 7th, facing the right direction, and without a penalty.

The 458 that braked too late just seemed completely unaware of their surroundings as they brake far too late into T3 and then turned into me at T5, but they had a 5.5s penalty so I just let them take the place. Luckily for me, the person behind has a 2s penalty and everyone behind them gets bunched up as they take the chicane 4-wide, and I get to run in clean air for a few laps, until I catch 2nd-5th. The Viper with the bad start was being way, way too aggressive, and I have some battles with them and some faster people who caught up to us due to the Viper insisting on fighting tooth-and-nail at every corner, which let 2nd and 3rd drive away.

Eventually some faster people caught me, and some people ahead made mistakes, and I came home in 5th for 177 points, which I'm happy with given my Door number and that I gained almost 1000 DR from that race. And, those points are actually one of my best points finishes overall, so I'm happy with the result. Plus, I only have points for the last 2 races anyways. The Genesis actually won the race ahead of the 650S that started on pole.

I doubt I'll take part in the Manufacturer's Championship this Saturday though, since a ton of things popped up over the past 2 days. Which is also fine by me, since I don't even have a score yet in there for this season.

Last edited:
Back