2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
> Spa in the Wet, requiring an MR Gr3
> Bathurst requiring an FR Gr4
> Long straights at Tokyo requiring high top speed
> The FFs have all been nerfed.

Is... is this when Mitsubishi *finally* becomes relevant as a manufacturer?

Edit: Remembered the Evo Gr3 is FR. I suppose Ford then?

Last edited:
Corvette vs Cayman... Isn't this one a repeat of an earlier Nations Cup race? If I remember correctly even the track was the same.

EvEqK7TXEAEKSep

Last edited:
Last time was a rolling start. I remember vividly as auto drive left me right on the last corner meaning I immediately lost the slipstream. Them a T1 incident behind me meant everyone behind me lost my slipstream leading to the most boring race I've ever been in.

A grid start ought to shake that up a bit.

Corvette vs Cayman... Isn't this one a repeat of an earlier Nations Cup race? If I remember correctly even the track was the same.

EvEqK7TXEAEKSep
Yep, it's an exact repeat (except the multipliers might be different). And a dumb one at that. A power car vs. a handling car at a track with absolutely no long straights? What's the point of choosing the Corvette?
Last time was a rolling start. I remember vividly as auto drive left me right on the last corner meaning I immediately lost the slipstream. Them a T1 incident behind me meant everyone behind me lost my slipstream leading to the most boring race I've ever been in.

A grid start ought to shake that up a bit.
That'll probably just put it more in the Porsche's favor than it already is. I know the Gr.3 Corvette is a beast at launches, but I don't think the Gr.4 version is that good. I seem to remember the Cayman being good at standing starts though.

Last edited:
Schedule Tables for this Exhibition Season 1. If you see any mistakes please say.

Summary
2021 Exhibition Season 1 Summary.png

Nations Cup
2021 Exhibition Season 1 Nations Cup.png

Manufacturer Series
2021 Exhibition Season 1 Manufacturer Series.png

Note: Round 5 of Nations Cup at Sardegna Windmills will have 16 car grids.

In terms of my manufacturer choice for this season, the randomiser landed on Mitsubishi :lol:

It's not a direct repeat, the BOP was changed since then and we have a longer pitloss

Differences from 2020 Season Round 21:

Fuel multiplier decreased from 4X to 3X.

Qualifying time decreased from 10 min to 5 min.

Grid Start instead of Rolling Start

Hards only instead of Mediums and Hards (Hards were mandatory)

Only thing that is similar is tyre multiplier at 6X and lap count at 15 laps.

Last edited:
Gr.1 is at the short infield version at BMB? YES! It's probably as close as we're gonna get to an oval race for Gr.1 since the only right-hander on this version is a flat-out kink. Doesn't look like a track that'll be friendly to the hybrids, which will be a nice change.

Other races I'm looking forward to:
-Karts at RBR
-The Manufacturer's race at Sardegna (C is my favorite layout)
-Manufacturer's at DTS
-Manufacturer's at Tokyo (SIL is the only version I like)

I'll probably do the Yaris race since it's at least on Racing tires, and it'll be nice to have a "banker" race in case something goes wrong at BMB or RBR in Nation's. While I don't exactly hate Interlagos, I'm also not quick around there, and the high tire wear means I'm probably going to struggle even more (especially since I'm using the Corvette). While the Gr.B cars are some of my favorite cars to drive on pavement, I'll just flop around like a fish out of water trying to drive on dirt.

Differences from 2020 Season Round 21:

Fuel multiplier decreased from 4X to 3X.

Qualifying time decreased from 10 min to 5 min.

Grid Start instead of Rolling Start

Hards only instead of Mediums and Hards (Hards were mandatory)

Only thing that is similar is tyre multiplier at 6X and lap count at 15 laps.

Pit loss has increased from 20s to approx 4 hours.

That’s the worst Nations schedule I’ve seen so far. Only 6 races, yet they put in Karts and a Dirt race, come on PD, you can do better than that.

Still less random than your Friday night Bonus Races.

It’s the rains down in Spa that irritate me. One track I wanted to run, ruined by having to have weather be a factor. Or non factor given many will practice enough to really remove the extra challenge.

But karts! Karts! Always a good time down at the go kart track.

Thinking if I should stay in my marriage with good old Peugeot or to cheat and take a ride with the beautiful Astons.
Think I can only do the races at Interlagos, Sardegna and Tokyo, and maybe Mount Panorama so not sure yet which manufacturer is best for those specific tracks...will have to do some testing.

upload_2021-2-25_16-8-5.png

or:
upload_2021-2-25_16-9-12.png

I think I'm going to run Aston on my main and Mazda on my alt. Haven't tried either of those yet. The grid start at Tokyo has me giddy like a child. Turn 1 is going to be a magnificent sight to behold as 20 racers all dive bomb each other into a scant 20 feet of open real-estate enclosed in walls. Tokyo just told Monza, "Hold my beer and watch this."

Schedule Tables for this Exhibition Season 1. If you see any mistakes please say.

Note: Round 5 of Nations Cup at Sardegna Windmills will have 16 car grids.

In terms of my manufacturer choice for this season, the randomiser landed on Mitsubishi :lol:

You're a legend! Even more of a Legend if you're about to finish top for Mitsubishi! See you out there

I think I'm going to run Aston on my main and Mazda on my alt. Haven't tried either of those yet. The grid start at Tokyo has me giddy like a child. Turn 1 is going to be a magnificent sight to behold as 20 racers all dive bomb each other into a scant 20 feet of open real-estate enclosed in walls. Tokyo just told Monza, "Hold my beer and watch this."

I sort of love starting around 5-8 for these races. It's a good recipe for looking like a hero on the first corner. It worked well for me at DTS in the Minis last season.

Are there DR/SR requirements to enter either competition? Where do I look to enter the manufacturer’s series?

thanks!
No DR/SR requirements at all, the FIA races are open to everyone. You'll get matched up with people with similar ratings as though you were doing a daily race. Only key difference is that the whole thing is a bit more formal and the results count towards a league table.

There are extra options for Manufacturers and Nations that appear under Sport mode whenever a season is running. All you need to do is register for each race you want to do in the 15 minute window before the start time.

Last edited:
Are there DR/SR requirements to enter either competition? Where do I look to enter the manufacturer’s series?

thanks!

No DR/SR requirements at all, the FIA races are open to everyone. You'll get matched up with people with similar ratings as though you were doing a daily race. Only key difference is that the whole thing is a bit more formal and the results count towards a league table.

There are extra options for Manufacturers and Nations that appear under Sport mode whenever a season is running. All you need to do is register for each race you want to do in the 15 minute window before the start time.

You need to sign up to a Manufacturer to do that comp. Just go to the one you want as if buying a car and in a blue band at the right is a box with "Driver Contract" click that and select your cars if that is an option click click click and 2 free cars in garage.

thanks!

No DR/SR requirements. For Nations Cup, you only need to own an eligible car to enter a race. In Nation Cup Rounds 1, 3 and 6, you need to own the GR Yaris to enter Round 1, the Shifter Kart for Round 3, and either the Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4 or Porsche Cayman GT4 for Round 6.

For Manufacturers Series, you need to go to Brand Central and select one of the brands eligible for Manufacturers Series. At your chosen brand’s menu, you can see a blue box at the middle right of the menu. Select that to choose your cars.

Some brands offer multiple cars in the same category, such as McLaren giving you the choice between a F1 or a 650S GT3 for Gr.3. In that situation, you can only pick 1 Gr.3 car which you will stick with for all Gr.3 races for the season. You cannot switch between the F1 and the 650S GT3 mid-season.

After selecting your cars, the game gives you one last chance to back out before committing to that Manufacturer for the season. Confirm, and the game loans you the Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars of your chosen manufacturer for free and you are restricted to driving those cars for the Manufacturer races for that season.

Your loaned cars will remain with you until you pick your chosen manufacturer for next season, where the game takes away your previously loaned cars in exchange for borrowing a new pair of cars.

Back