2019 FIA Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by bduddy, Jan 23, 2019.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Well this race started off well. Black screen behind the lobby and I can't do anything.... :ouch:

Edit: it's stuck ..

IMG_20190612_181311.jpg

Edit 2: Had to quit out, wouldn't let me do anything. Someone else was able to enter but couldn't leave their pit box. Knowing my luck the last race will go super crappy and tonight will be a bust.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 2:20 AM
  2. Pelikan

Pelikan

Middle slot was pretty wild in MFS. I think I’ll pass on the late run.

Started 16th and finished 9th on the top split. Had a generally pleasant run until a racing incident with a Mazda turned into a targeted rear ending on my Mustang. Which of course didn’t ruin my race but the awesome driver that I was pushed into.

I think I’ll sit on the 1632 points for now.

Good luck to everyone in the last slot!

OutlawQuadrnt likes this.
  3. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Proof that I'm not fast. B rank driver at best. And where I should be. The ranking system is flawed, but I'm sure most of us know that.

IMG_20190612_203505.jpg

4. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Nations Cup:

Qualified 9th. Only big annoyance I had was trying to steer clear of a car losing control and somehow being hit with a 1 second penalty (despite losing multiple spots for the swerve). Other then that, decent race. Even had a nice photo finish as I sneaked past a Toyota SF-R for 8th on the final lap at the line.

Manufacterers Series:

Qualified 17th. No botch this time, just was shockingly slow. Made up two positions on the first two laps and more or less held on for 15th, even holding off an Aston Martin at the line.

Saw you in the race, nice job with Quali. And yeah, the ranking system is very screwy, which in turn makes the points also very screwy. For instance in this race, I got somehow thrown into a room with nothing but D drivers and that one other A Driver. Won the race (only because that other A driver choked it away by himself in the last corner early in the race), no contact or penalties along with a fastest lap and what was the points I got? 167. I finished tonight's Manufacterer Race in 15th with a no contact and the points I get? 533. No idea why there is such a massive inconsistency there.

Also, saw your livery on the Hyundai and in case you're feeling really loyal:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190520234025.png

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190520234049.png

Juuust sayin'

5. vvise

vvise

On the final lap I went wider than expected through the chicane...

[​IMG]

Tire slipped off but the rim kept contact ;) No penalty!

Dezcom, RZQSPEED, SmokeyMR2 and 4 others like this.
  6. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Not really. I mean I was like 4 tenths off I think but only good enough for 11th. Worst qualifying I have had yet in this game.
    That is nice, might grab it if you have it on share. But going to stick with what I have for the FIA races. IF I run much more. Going to miss Saturday because I will be away from home. If next Wednesdays race goes much the same I might just give up on Sport mode. I don't think that doing well in races means I should end up in rooms with people that can be as much as 1.5 seconds faster.

I was going to thank lazaratan for giving me a penalty for his dive bomb move but he left before I even got back to the lobby. He single handedly ruined my race.

7. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Oh. Was under the impression you were higher (about 8th).

Its indeed shared, you can find it here (Along with a companion GR.3 Livery as well as a matching suit if you fancy)

Gonna watch the replay to see that, was wondering why you were down so much when I came across the line.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 8:03 AM
  8. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Actually it was 10th but still.

IMG_20190612_201608.jpg

9. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt Premium

I figured it would be a rough time in the RCZ. Yes, it can qualify okay but the race pace is the worst after the halfway point. Again, I cannot understand how being at half tire on the fronts with massive torque steer is considered to be balanced. That said, I was somehow in 6th place and was trying desperately to hang onto it. Everything unglued on the last lap but 8th was still in the cards. Then I get punted well off on the last corner thanks to someone hitting another driver without regard that I was going to get swept up in it. Not happy that the driver at fault drove onto the finish line while I ended up losing four more positions through no fault of my own.

At least I scored a bit better points anyways in the last split room via a 7th place finish. Pointless in the long run since it's only 9 Manu points for Pug. The real work starts Saturday.

Pelikan likes this.
  10. HellzFire

HellzFire

Nations was a waste of time. Room was ridiculously low on points even tho it had some big names in it. Weak draft as well. Yikes.

Manu I did all 3 slots. All slots were super competitive, really tough to get a result. Unfortunate for me, my worst qualy lap of the day was on the race I had the better result (video below). Had I repeated my lap on split 2 I had big chances of winning this race. Final result was ok, the Jaguar is a car that on this settings in Yamagiwa is only going downhill during the race. Needed a better start position.

Dezcom likes this.
  11. WaikeCU

WaikeCU

The Porsche is bad... I mean really really... bad!

Qualified dead last in 20th and only managed up to 14th after 8 laps. Result: Down 2K in DR and officially out of A+. Down 2K even with a proper clean race, because I got a clean race rating. So my DR points is now reduced to how it was a month ago with just one race.

It's shocking how much down on pace I am compared to before the physics update. I'm doing anything I can, but this honestly is the best I can do right now with the Cayman.

Afterwards, tried some testing with other TSR lads only to find out that the Cayman on RS tires is as quick as the Aston on RM tires at Interlagos. The Aston manages to pull a gap of .3-.4s just on the main straight. It doesn't even matter if you're sitting on the bumper of the Aston, even then it just drives off. It's that bad...

Dezcom, Pfei, Venster and 1 other person like this.
  12. watto79

watto79

Needed an early night so went for the 9pm manufacturers slot. My DR is currently the highest it's ever been so was expecting some decent points available. Unfortunately 4 people disconnected immediately and somehow left only 13 people in the race, so the points available weren't fantastic.

I'd been struggling for pace with this combo but had put in some decent practice, managed to hook up a nice qualifying lap and started P3. The race was utterly forgettable though! Never in a position to challenge P2 and wasn't ever challenged by those behind me. Started third, finished 3rd.

It says something that not all that long ago I was super happy with being in the top 10 of an FIA race and now here I am in a lobby of all A rated drivers and felt a little disappointed with third place and 954 points! I should just be happy that I'm improving :)

I'd upload the replay but it's literally just me driving on the racing line for 8 laps with nothing else happening. At least I got the early night I needed :lol:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190612213520.jpg

SmokeyMR2, 05XR8 and Schalkehelmi like this.
  13. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I'm seriously struggling to understand how DR even works anymore. Finished the Nations race earlier 8 places ahead of where I was expected to finish (Despite the one penalty) and yet somehow, my DR saw a big drop. Manufacterers, I managed to finish 14th (Again better then the 15th}, get a barely noticeable slight bump up in DR. I've even had races in Dailies which were clean, no penalties and made plenty of positions up (only 1 spot or 2 behind my suggested finishing spot) and managed to see a noticeable drop in DR. Even that one win in that one race I had only saw a tiny jump.

14. Venster

Venster

Same, seemed so far off the pace in the cayman especially since the physics update. I didn’t practice much admittedly but even so. My quali was only a mid 1.40, felt like I was pushing as hard as I could.

In the race it felt like I had to defend constantly, managed 8th despite being pushed of the track at the hairpin, managed 1400 odd points but felt I could of done better. That said I quite enjoyed the race.

15. Schalkehelmi

Schalkehelmi Premium

I would be happy to receive this points.
    Next race will be better on Saturday. There will be much races, so you are a fast driver and receive much points.

watto79 likes this.
  16. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Entered both races last night and first up was manufacturers. Quali lap was relatively clean but last sector could've been better, in the end about 1.4s off BRacer's time in top split so I guess that's about right. Race was quite intense, was in a battle with an 86 for the most part which I eventually lost but it was clear he was quicker in this one. But still a relatively ok result given my pace.

Managed to fluke a pole position in the Nations by catching a slipstream on my final run. The race was a battle between myself and 4 others and was clean other than 2 guys having an incident, once again I wasn't the quickest and I was only keeping up thanks to the slipstream and in the end it was about being in the right place at the right time.

watto79 likes this.
  17. Benay79

Benay79

I totally agree. I don't get it. I was in as car number 20 in my Manufacturers race, i'm Mid to High DR B rated and 12 of the 20 cars were A rated drivers. I finished 12th, ahead of 2 DR A drivers and i lost nearly 2k in DR points! :confused:

18. Jeeves_ACBC

Jeeves_ACBC

Read this

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-increase-your-dr.385706/page-2#post-12655541

19. force ewerby

force ewerby

God I hate racing this track

TRL LIGHTNING and watto79 like this.
  20. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

One strange thing is that even with draft setted as low , that turn overtake almost impossible due to stream , the dirty air effect itself when you are braking after a car in front of you is still very strong and you have to take really care of your braking distance.
    It seems that both physics are totally independent.

JonoStan96 likes this.
  21. 8l23ub

8l23ub

My apologies to Admin for creating the extra work and for being a sore loser.

My kids used my own mantra on me yesterday, 'If it gets you that angry, stop playing it', I told them to shut up and they both patted me on my head and left me seething in front of the console.
    I didn't take their advice.
    Went for a do-over in the final time slot. Qualifying was pretty straight forward (lost 500DR in first attempt).
    Took pole position tidely. At the start I was surprised by how quickly the X-Bow and two M4's were catching me, approached turn four in third :guilty: I could feel the (man) tears on their way as I put my car in an absolutely stupid position and copped a 4 second penalty after less than half a lap dropping to fourth.
    Lucky for me the guys in front seemed to be working out some aggression issues :eek:

Driving like a twit isn't cool
    Don't drive angry people, have fun :tup:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 12:04 PM
  22. Keith2324

Keith2324

I managed to get another decent finish in the Manufacturer race. I went from 11th to 4th with lots of clean battling along the way. But I need some hints on how to get more consistent and faster if anyone wants to offer those up :)

Keith.

Dezcom and Loverson like this.
  23. vvise

vvise

Here's the culmination of a 5hr stream. Took until the 3rd slot for me and @cyclingjudoka to get into the same lobby.

We qualified 3rd, 4th with 0.03s between us. Raced the whole distance nose to tail and finished with matching fastest laps and near identical race times finishing 3rd, 4th. Some of the most fun team racing I've ever had.

Almost pulled a Ferrari with who was the lead car but it worked out.

[​IMG]

Dezcom, KONTRAone and SpecMiata-JSW like this.
  24. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Just realized I will be missing the next two events. Saturday racing doesn't quite work for those of us that like to go out and do things on the weekends...

Pfei and bloodyboyblue like this.
  25. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

Nations Round 21 and Manufacturers Round 2 results:

Livery reveal for my Subies from Round 3 onwards:

26. beegentoo

beegentoo

I did some practice for Saturdays Le Mans event in a private Lobby with appropriate settings today. My best with LMP1-cars (and BoP enabled) is 3:31. Group C1 marginally faster.

Well, I watched Le Mans Qualifying yesterday evening: The Toyota set a time of 3:17.

What was the fastest time in an LMP1-car with BoP enabled and vanilla setup? Is a 3:17 with a real car (no VGT) possible?

27. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

I dno something is F-y . I think it may have to do with your DR ranking as well. Saturday's race I was a DR:B, I got 1st place in the A/B crossover lobby where it was 50/50 a/b drivers, and I was the 16th ranked driver in the lobby. I went from 28,262DR to 29,846DR. Last night I got 3rd in the A/b crossover lobby that only had three A drivers, I was 4th in the lobby and I went from 29,846 to 32,485. I have never seen that huge of a jump in my DR and I monitor it after every race, and only race in the FIA races. My only guess is DR A driver have a bigger DR multiplier or something.

28. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Technically one because if I'm not mistaken, this is actually the last event for June because of the World tour at the Nurburgring, before things pick back up in July.

Canucks_9419 likes this.
  29. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Nope, two. Missing July 6th too.

30. watto79

watto79

When you increase your rank (so from B to A here) you get a bonus 1500 DR. The same happens when you go down a rank and you lose an extra 1500 DR. This is done presumably to stop people moving between ranks all the time.

So you got 1,139 DR from the race and then the 1,500 bonus for the promotion to A, which sounds perfectly plausible.

vvise, Canucks_9419 and HERE4BEER3 like this.