2019 Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken d'ItaliaFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 437 comments
Everyone is to blame for that mess of a qualifying session. They all wanted to be behind everybody else to get the slipstream. I say scrap the current format for the high-speed tracks to prevent this rubbish from happening. Cars should not be slowing to a crawl on the out lap, it's just a joke. When you get out of the pits, don't drive like a granny. These sorts of games cannot continue any longer.

Honestly I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be some allowance in the rules for them to disqualify all the drivers who were involved in that from qualifying and force them to start from the back. Give Giovanazzi pole for Alfa Romeo in Italy

RACE DAY! Enjoy.

Let's forget the Q3 quali 'disgrace' although I dreamt about it. In my dream it was Max who said via the boardradio to Hulk to confuse the other drivers and then all of them were shouting at each other.

==

Will Ferrari finally win at Monza since 2010/Alonso. Or will Mercedes get their sixth in a row?
Will Max Verstappen manage it to 5-6th place? Do not underestimate the Renaults and his teammate Albon (hopefully no teamorders needed, that's for other teams ;))? Overtaking show?
Will Stroll end in the top 10?

Was a wet F3 race this morning, is pretty much dry for the F2 race now but apparently chance of more rain in an hour or so.

Seems pretty simple. Either put a lap time delta for out laps, or enforce a minimum distance between cars on qualifying laps.

Seems pretty simple. Either put a lap time delta for out laps, or enforce a minimum distance between cars on qualifying laps.

Delta times can be done.
Treat it like VSC but the other way around.
Minimum time per sector, but nothing overly high.

Minimum distance is a bit hard.
Just passing someone on their cool down lap while on a flying lap can make it open to abuse.

We did have that elimination.
Worst comes to worst, have that for Q3 as a form of punishment next season.

Honestly I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be some allowance in the rules for them to disqualify all the drivers who were involved in that from qualifying and force them to start from the back. Give Giovanazzi pole for Alfa Romeo in Italy

I liked Sky's idea of pushing all of them to the back of the grid. There must be something in the rules for at least some type of penalty. They probably didn't want to touch Ferrari.

There's something about the way Europeans instantly break into crazy dance when the club music comes on the PA. They just love any chance to freak out :lol:

Stroll you ****ing idiot why would you start going when the Toro Rosso is coming up on you at speed?!?!?!

Vettel being a right ass. Nearly took out a Renault before Lance came by. Of course Lance as well for pulling out in front of the Toro.

Do their teams not have a spotter?

Back