2019 Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken d'ItaliaFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 437 comments
We're witnessing the changing of the guard at Ferrari - a great win for LeClerc, even though he was very close to cracking a couple of times, but he did enough to win. Bottas should have made a better fist of it, and on today's performance, it is hard to see how Bottas has much of a future at the sharp end of the grid. Vettel has a mighty task on his hands to keep up with the new wave at Ferrari.

I feel really bad for Vettel. I believe he still has drive in him, but at this point his confidence and Ferrari’s trust in him must be completely shattered.

Well done LEC. Staying ahead of Mercedes within DRS is quite impressive.

VET :dunce:

Ferrari better get rid of VET end of season and look for decent 2nd driver.

Race Recap:

Sorry: wasn't paying attention to anyone else. Just happy watching Charles and Lewis scrap for most of the rac.e

That early pit wasn't a great idea, but I guess Merc had to try something with Lewis to get around Charles. Hurt Lewis in the end, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Still... that was a gritty drive for Leclerc, excepting one or two questionable defensive moves... and he truly deserves that win.

Bottas still remains an unconvincing wheel-to-wheel battler. But his patience gave him second over Lewis.

Vettel's season goes further and further south, while Charles Leclerc keeps bringing more and more glory back to the Scuderia.

We need a few more races like this to keep the season interesting.

If Vettel gets demoted then he will have no pressure to make him screw up, and then he will become the fastest driver :lol:

Now that I'm thinking about, every time it mattered, Leclerc has always done it whereas Vettel fades. Vettel had 5 years to bring that win back to Monza. Leclerc did it on his first year with the team. Go ahead Ferrari and celebrate....hopefully y'all won't be 5th & 6th in Singapore-full-of-corners where we go next with their cars being terrible in the corners :sly:

Charles was epic today, and so was the race and Lewis' charge. Feel gutted for Seb though, just when seemed to be getting his mojo back. Worst part is he was the fastest man yesterday...

I love humanity. Something about people singing their own national anthem in celebration of something that truly shows who they are as a people... really stirs me up inside.

In the post-race interview, Hamilton didn't sound miffed about Charles' defense. He knew Merc was racing with one hand tied behind their backs on this track, and he accepted the gamble of that early stop.

Losing points to Bottas won't bother him, he's got his measure. And losing points to Leclerc, who's far back in the table, is fine.

Charles has a bright future at Ferrari.

Race Recap:

Sorry: wasn't paying attention to anyone else. Just happy watching Charles and Lewis scrap for most of the rac.e

That early pit wasn't a great idea, but I guess Merc had to try something with Lewis to get around Charles. Hurt Lewis in the end, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Still... that was a gritty drive for Leclerc, excepting one or two questionable defensive moves... and he truly deserves that win.

Bottas still remains an unconvincing wheel-to-wheel battler. But his patience gave him second over Lewis.

Vettel's season goes further and further south, while Charles Leclerc keeps bringing more and more glory back to the Scuderia.

We need a few more races like this to keep the season interesting.

Pretty much this. LecLerc at this point has to be top dawg at Ferrari now. This was a commanding victory, and pretty much the perfect scenario for Ferrari.

In other news, hopefully whoever gave Sainz the go-ahead out of the pits gets a proper smacking around, because that was just ridiculous. Literally had the tire guy himself signalling it was unsafe, and they let him out anyways. Completley unnaceptable. On the other hand, Renault for once has not frustrated me immensely, barring Qualifying. Great result from both drivers. Now if only their car was actually as good as their racers...

Imagine being 21 and winning Monza in a Ferrari. Great win, he was under pressure for the entire race.

It got a bit sketchy here and there but that is what they call racing.

Pretty much this. LecLerc at this point has to be top dawg at Ferrari now. This was a commanding victory, and pretty much the perfect scenario for Ferrari.

It was half a perfect scenario :D

Leclerc (no extra capital) now leads Vettel in the WDC, I think? I agree that Ferrari should be looking at him as the #1 driver for the remainder of the season. Vettel... what on earth is going wrong with him? I don't like him much but I've always rated him far more highly than the driver we see at the moment.

Who’s the dude in the white T-shirt at Ferrari? He’s having a field day with all this
Guy with the tattoos?
I think he’s a user I’ve been reading on FChat call Lewis “Elton” and believes Ferrari does no wrong/everyone else are whiners or cheaters.

A right loon.

Another fantastic race and a really great battle. Leclerc got a bit lucky with the stewards, but he’s owed some luck this season.

Bottas, disappointing... but then not as disappointing as Vettel. Another driver error.

Fair play Charles! Well deserved and the best podium in the world

A1995D59-2100-4B1B-96BA-C3189CE92C53.jpeg

Is it controversial to say that first corner is bad?I think the track would flow way better with no first corner chickane.

Some highlights :

Congrats to LeClerc he held two mercedes but that Ferrari is very OP on the straights holy hell.

Oh look the renaults didnt fall apart.Ricc deserved this.

Vettel behind a williams...again.

If HAM had bottas's tires he probably would've won the race.

What the hell were those track rejoins

Back