First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length

5.842km

Race Distance

309.69 km

Lap Record

1:34.225 Valtteri Bottas (2018)

Lewis is under investigation for rejoining the track in an unsafe manner and blocking Verstappen's line on FP1, so we'll see what happens there...

The soft tyres have been tearing themselves up all of yesterday, so it'll once again likely be a 1-stop race for the top guys as they try to get through Q2 on the mediums.

After having watched the 3 FP and the F3 race, i came to the same conclusion than last year: the TV cameras are way too low on that track. Beyond the eye strain joke, this is just confusing and boring. It wouldn't solve the track problem, but it would help a bit to have better angles.

Castellet 2018 first turn:
upload_2019-6-22_13-28-27.png

Suzuka 2018 first turn:
upload_2019-6-22_13-29-32.png

Barcelona 2018 first turn:
upload_2019-6-22_13-31-40.png

Last edited:
Yeah, the camera at the penultimate corner completely hides the pit lane entry. Everytime someone heads into the pits it looks like they've spun off and it takes a second or so to work that out.

I await the day when the awkwardness of Stroll being too slow to stay in F1 but his dad controls the team so no one within the team can say anything lol.

His qual performance was horrific.

Lawrence is a businessman though and now he's running a team, he will have to at some point accept that Lance isn't performing well enough and isn't the right driver for the team. Surely he's got only a few more races an mistakes before he gets the chop.

Perez 5th and Stroll 18th setting laps at the same time is not good at all.

Lawrence is a businessman though and now he's running a team, he will have to at some point accept that Lance isn't performing well enough and isn't the right driver for the team. Surely he's got only a few more races an mistakes before he gets the chop.

Perez 5th and Stroll 18th setting laps at the same time is not good at all.
Perez is a Solid Midfeild Driver and Easily his hardest Team mate at this stage to date, I Knew coming into this season he was looking at Trouble the fact his dad has Invested Soo much into it, just makes it seem extra Awkward though, I just don't see Lawrence treating his son the same as how he runs a business though, I mean he Moved the clearly surprior Ocon away just to seat his Son, I feel this will be a Multi Season dissappointment.

Yeah, the camera at the penultimate corner completely hides the pit lane entry. Everytime someone heads into the pits it looks like they've spun off and it takes a second or so to work that out.

That's like China, from the camera that looks back along the main straight from turn one it looks like cars are just spearing off into the barriers.

The track temperatures are allowing the Higher Midfeild Runners to attempt a Medium run for Q2, the penalty of using Softs at the start of the race must be huge.

Edit: Might be a trend or calling it a bit early but it looks like the High Midfeild Teams(Mclaren and Renault) might have caught up to Redbull, weird though I thought this would be a strong track for them, maybe the Temps are not suiting the car.

Last edited:
Seems that second runs in Q3 this year have lead to less improvements in lap time than any other year I can remember. Can’t think of any reason for it.

P7 for Vettel, I was not expecting that at all! Really great qualifier for the McLarens. I really hope it makes for a great race tomorrow. As for the Merc, they were once again in a league of their own! The only team to dip below the 1.28s (EDIT: Looks like Leclerc did get into the 1.28s too)

Last edited:
Seems that second runs in Q3 this year have lead to less improvements in lap time than any other year I can remember. Can’t think of any reason for it.

The wind got up which meant the cars weren’t reaching the speeds on the straights as they were in the previous runs.

The wind got up which meant the cars weren’t reaching the speeds on the straights as they were in the previous runs.
Yeah I realise that, I was more talking about the season as a whole. I can remember numerous races this year where it has happened.

Been cutting the lawn since the end of quali. Did we get an explanation to Vettel being out of position?

Back