2019 Formula 1 Pirelli Grand Prix de FranceFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 141 comments
Uhhh, has Stroll pitted yet? Just noticed he's running in 6th.

Also, how the 🤬 is Gasly running in 12th?!
He is Trying to get sacked I think, it's a pathetic performance, it was semi understandable he was going to be slow on the softs to get the max life out of them, but once he pit for the hards he should of been storming through the pack, instead he fell back against much weaker cars.

Indeed a RedBull lapped without a mistake. Just race pace and the same car as his teammate. Ouch.

Top 5 --> Boring.

Huh? Ferrari on plan F*

Edit *F = Free stop Fastest lap

Lando having Hydraulic issues. Hopefully he can hold steady, as I think he's in the running for giving McLaren their best finish yet.

Ferrari on Plan Foxtrot? What happened with Alpha - Echo? :boggled:

VSC? Now, of all times?

That's pretty much race over as far as I can tell.

Nevermind, that was much quicker than I expected.

Edit: Vettel leaves the pits with soft tires. Redemption for Qualifying possible?

Seeing the replay of Norris losing 7th, that was quite a cluster with those cars. Wouldn't be surprised if the stewards say something.

In either case, that was a....lackluster French GP.

Good on Ferrari for not screwing over Leclerc to try and speed up Vettel. Vettel's lack of pace was very odd.

I am now firmly in the camp of wanting Mercedes to win every race/1-2 as many races of possible, just to see if they can do it, because the rest of the field absolutely does not hold a candle to this team.

Gasly is just....bad, by Red Bull standards at least. Finishing outside the points in that car is just not acceptable. It's not even a case of comparing him to Max at this point. Max is a helluva driver, but Gasly should still be better than he is.

Gutted overall for Norris. Drove a good race, gutted to see hydros let him down.

Honorable mention to Renault & Alfa Romeo. Despite that squirrely last-minute cluster on Norris both team performed admirably this weekend.

Last edited:
RIC leaves and rejoins against regs... that must mean VET loses his FL by penalty.

Seriously, I hope to see some consistency.

Gasly, gasly, gasly you better have a very good 'excuse' for Dr Helmut
Don't think there are any excuses left. He's just not good enough.
There's just the matter of who to replace him with. Albon is probably not experienced enough. Kvyat making the ultimate comeback?

Can't give a penalty to Ricc because they deemed what he did with Grosjean as none needed. A penalty now would be silly - even if I think Ricc might deserve one.

Back