S5000 SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 144 comments
It's all good. Informs people that just want to look at the news in this thread.

Jenson Button did an unofficial 1:48 in 2011. Not sure if the car was at full power, tyre compound etc. was a nice day though.

Was it Christopher Meis in the R8 LMS, who did a 1:59? That was unrestricted power with sticky tyres.

S5000 have about 550hp. Maybe more than half of what the McLaren had. S5000 is heavier too. On a good day, I'll guess 55-57 seconds.

This should be good
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/09/20/macrow-fastest-in-landmark-first-s5000-session/
2019TCRR6_SANDOWN_DKIMG1947-1200x800.jpg

Edit: Practice 2
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/09/20/macrow-heads-barrichello-in-interrupted-s5000-practice-2/

Last edited:
Only 0.013 seconds seperating Martin and Macrow... That's just insane for the first ever qualifying session.

Was good all the way through. Only really split up due to incident at the start. Little battle packs here and there. Was cool to see cars nose to tail rather than 3 seconds away waiting for a pit stop.

Kind of weird it was 25 laps/30 minutes likely, but that was quick. Doesn't even seem like they would have completed all the laps.

Bummer to have the race finish in that way. I missed yesterday’s race, so I was excited to see how the cars looked out there on track. From what I saw they look absolutely wild though!

Kind of weird it was 25 laps/30 minutes likely, but that was quick. Doesn't even seem like they would have completed all the laps.
Yeah they would’ve cut it very fine even if the race ran without SC. Shame about the ending to the race, going to take forever to fix that fence though.

Massive shunt for Davison. Destroyed the fence, I don’t think we’ll see a finish to this race. Going to take a long time to fix.

Just saw a replay of that crash on twitter. Lucky that he didn't collect any other cars, when he came back across the track. :crazy:

Yeah Davison's car was quite heavily damaged. From the stand you saw a whole heap of bodywork fly up into the air and I knew that it was a major shunt. When I saw the damaged armco on the stream, I was certain that the race wouldn't restart. I got a closer look at the car and it was a sorry state of affairs. The rebuild will not be cheap. Apart from that though, seeing these cars race for the first time was just brilliant. The sound, the speed and the competition is like nothing else in this country. I want more.
k84PWBU.jpg

mkUuyHQ.jpg

uwFrAUC.jpg

0Xoekin.jpg

Rv7e9o0.jpg

0o9fzJi.jpg

2lgIEYG.jpg
GNfmDso.jpg

vkcBFso.jpg

Ycc2pfW.jpg

zoY8Tfz.jpg

FYnCc7A.jpg

HUIfXUv.jpg

5mLVjAu.jpg

3UnFPSX.jpg

fWOW1gG.jpg

KHv3ohY.jpg

rN7rN3P.jpg

It's really difficult to get a picture of them going down the main straight:lol:

Last edited:
https://www.s5000.com.au/2020-australian-s5000-championship-calendar-revealed/

2020 Australian S5000 Championship calendar:

Round 1: Australian Grand Prix, Albert Park, 12-15 March
Round 2: Sydney Motorsport Park, 27-29 March
Round 3: Winton, 1-3 May**
Round 4: The Bend Motorsport Park, 12-14 June
Round 5: Phillip Island, 21-23 August*
Round 6: Sandown, 11-13 September
Non-championship: Mount Panorama, Bathurst, Date TBC**

*Subject to finalisation of commercial agreements with circuit
**Subject to confirmation

Only 10 cars racing this weekend, but that qualy was pretty good.
That'd be right. My internet is acting up again (it's so slow I can't even get the angry emoji to come up, face palm) so I can't watch it till the SBS telecast comes on. Oh well, at least I won't have any issues tomorrow... I'll be watching from at the track :-)

Only 10 cars racing this weekend, but that qualy was pretty good.
That'd be right. My internet is acting up again (it's so slow I can't even get the angry emoji to come up, face palm) so I can't watch it till the SBS telecast comes on. Oh well, at least I won't have any issues tomorrow... I'll be watching from at the track :-)

Back