2019 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 448 comments
Steelers miss the playoffs. Pats one-and-done. Bengals get the 1st overall pick in April. Yes, a good start to the year/decade. :)

Dolph Drago, I wish I could answer that question about how DeShaun Watson can be so elusive, but I can't explain this guy even if I tried! I still think Watson holds onto the ball too long or sometimes tries too hard to make a play. He's still money in the bank for the Houston Texans.

Lowest remaining seed in the AFC Wild Card will play at Baltimore in the Divisional round. Highest remaining seed in the AFC Wild Card will play at Kansas City in the Divisional round. So the next round on the AFC side will be...

* TEN Titans at BAL Ravens
* HOU Texans at KC Chiefs

After Sunday's NFC Wild Card games, we'll see what the Division games on the NFC side will look like. Today:

* MIN Vikings at NO Saints
* SEA Seahawks at PHI Eagles

Lowest remaining seed in the NFC Wild Card will play at San Francisco in the Division round. Highest remaining seed from the NFC Wild Card games will play at Green Bay in the Division round.

Oh, here is kind of an omission from my previous post. It is reported that the New England Patriots will face punishment from their taping of the Cincinnati Bengals' sideline earlier in the regular season. Specific punishment, however, has not yet been determined as of this time of this post. So it seems like the New England Patriots are falling from grace. A downward spiral, of sorts. A small idea of what the Patriots COULD face can be found in this article: https://www.wkbw.com/sports/sources...ed-for-recording-cincinnati-bengals-sidelines .

Anyhow... enjoy the NFC Wild Card games!

Who dat? Who dat say dey' gon' beat dem Saints? Dey be the Vikings. Yep. The Who Dat? nation needs therapy seeing their Saints fall in Overtime 26-20 to the Minnesota Vikings. Wow. Not a happy Sunday afternoon in New Orleans.

When I poked around Twitter, I saw something trending saying "Damn Saints." So dem' Saints ain't going nowhere the rest of this season. Minnesota will have to see who their next opponent will be based on who wins the Seattle at Philadelphia game. Minnesota will face either San Francisco or Green Bay next.

My divisional games predictions:

Vikings vs. 49ers - Niners win and the longboats go down in flames, again. I totally see Jimmy G and his "Hydra" backfield dominating this game.
Seahawks vs. Packers - Seahawks win. The Packers have waaaaaay too many weak points and can't play a full game. If a horrible team like the Lions can almost beat them hard twice, a competent team like Seattle can do the job.

Titans vs. Ravens - Ravens win. Thanks for killing the Patriots, Tennessee, but you are not going defeating Lamar. I can almost feel the same vibe of the old Titans vs. Ravens games. The S. McNair vs. R. Lewis turned into King Henry vs. Lamar Jackson. It's going to be a good one.
Texans vs. Chiefs - Chiefs win. In a game that can become somewhat of a College Bowl game if both team's secondaries implode, I can see the Chiefs getting to the AFC Championship game.

Last edited:
I meant to hype up the Division round, but our lovely GTPlaneteer MoLiEG offered takes on each of the games. Here are the Division rounds in case you want to make your own predictions:

* MIN Vikings at SF 49ers
* SEA Seahawks at GB Packers

So, that Tom Brady guy? Yeah... he's a free agent now. The New England Patriots' playoff fail to the Tennessee Titans make it seem like the dynasty is over at long last. T. Brady says he wants to go play up to age 45 or so. Here in Houston, one radio show suggested there are two places Brady could land if he doesn't sign with the Patriots- the Los Angeles Chargers or the Jacksonville Jaguars. Even at Brady's advanced age, teams would kill to have Tom Brady as part of their QB rotation, even if as a third-string QB or a Practice Squad QB. I kind of joked that Tom Brady would probably get signed with the Cincinnati Bengals since the Patriots illegally taped the Bengals' sideline earlier this season. Anyhow... Tom Brady is on the market, baby!

Jason Garrett out, Mike McCarthy in. The Dallas Cowboys' new head coach is McCarthy after a long affair with Garrett. Mr. McCarthy is hoping to turn around the misfortunes of "America's Team." Mike McCarthy goes from coaching the Carolina Panthers to the Dallas Cowboys.

Finally, get your NFL Draft visions going- Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa has declared for the 2020 NFL Draft. I wonder who will pick him up and how he will do in the NFL.

That's all. Chat away about the NFL, mates! :)

Finally, get your NFL Draft visions going- Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa has declared for the 2020 NFL Draft. I wonder who will pick him up and how he will do in the NFL.

I would be afraid of picking him with even a late first round pick. He's got to go from crutches to showing he's maybe 75% of what he was within a couple of months or so. IMHO, he's too fragile to play in the NFL. Like I said a few months ago, the last two big games he was in, the 2018 SEC Championship and the National Championship game, he wasn't very good getting pulled in each one of them.

I hope I'm wrong and he has a long successful NFL career because he's a legend at the University of Alabama.

The Panthers are apparently signing Baylor coach Matt Rhule to a 7yr $62M deal which includes a signing bonus and incentives for playoff wins and Super Bowls. Unsure about signing a rookie coach to such a long deal but looking forward to seeing what he brings to the Panthers. As much as I did like Ron Rivera, a change was needed.

I find it extremely ironic that the PI challenge rule came from the Saints loss last year, and they lose this year to another PI that should have been called.

The Panthers are apparently signing Baylor coach Matt Rhule to a 7yr $62M deal which includes a signing bonus and incentives for playoff wins and Super Bowls. Unsure about signing a rookie coach to such a long deal but looking forward to seeing what he brings to the Panthers. As much as I did like Ron Rivera, a change was needed.

It's hard to say how he will do in the NFL, but he turned around a heavily sanctioned Baylor and made them a bowl team in a very short time.

I meant to hype up the Division round, but our lovely GTPlaneteer MoLiEG offered takes on each of the games. Here are the Division rounds in case you want to make your own predictions:

* MIN Vikings at SF 49ers
* SEA Seahawks at GB Packers

So, that Tom Brady guy? Yeah... he's a free agent now. The New England Patriots' playoff fail to the Tennessee Titans make it seem like the dynasty is over at long last. T. Brady says he wants to go play up to age 45 or so. Here in Houston, one radio show suggested there are two places Brady could land if he doesn't sign with the Patriots- the Los Angeles Chargers or the Jacksonville Jaguars. Even at Brady's advanced age, teams would kill to have Tom Brady as part of their QB rotation, even if as a third-string QB or a Practice Squad QB. I kind of joked that Tom Brady would probably get signed with the Cincinnati Bengals since the Patriots illegally taped the Bengals' sideline earlier this season. Anyhow... Tom Brady is on the market, baby!

Jason Garrett out, Mike McCarthy in. The Dallas Cowboys' new head coach is McCarthy after a long affair with Garrett. Mr. McCarthy is hoping to turn around the misfortunes of "America's Team." Mike McCarthy goes from coaching the Carolina Panthers to the Dallas Cowboys.

That's all. Chat away about the NFL, mates! :)

Always glad to participate here with you guys :)

I would be afraid of picking him with even a late first round pick. He's got to go from crutches to showing he's maybe 75% of what he was within a couple of months or so. IMHO, he's too fragile to play in the NFL. Like I said a few months ago, the last two big games he was in, the 2018 SEC Championship and the National Championship game, he wasn't very good getting pulled in each one of them.

I hope I'm wrong and he has a long successful NFL career because he's a legend at the University of Alabama.

In my mind, Tua went from being a Top 5 pick all the way to the 2nd round, maybe a late 1st round. His injuries are a big red flag. I would even go as far as letting him rest and learn for a full season before considering him for a starter role.

If healthy, Tua is as good or even better than Joe Burrow. but man, that hip. It's a proven fact that all it takes to turn a player's career for the worse is one hit. If I were the GM of the Lolphins or any team in need of a Qb, I'd take a deep, deep dive before pulling the trigger for him.

Always glad to participate here with you guys :)

In my mind, Tua went from being a Top 5 pick all the way to the 2nd round, maybe a late 1st round. His injuries are a big red flag. I would even go as far as letting him rest and learn for a full season before considering him for a starter role.

If healthy, Tua is as good or even better than Joe Burrow. but man, that hip. It's a proven fact that all it takes to turn a player's career for the worse is one hit. If I were the GM of the Lolphins or any team in need of a Qb, I'd take a deep, deep dive before pulling the trigger for him.

Yeah he needs to get drafted by a team with an established starter so he can fully mend for a full season and go through NFL type rehab. No preseason games, just practice and healing. I seriously doubt we will ever see him doing that Dak Prescott type of pregame warmup though, Tua throws his hips out there like that and one of them might not come back. :lol:

TB
Maybe I'm biased but that hit on Wentz last night should have been called. 🤬

I know! I keep waiting for ESPN to break the news that Clowney is suspended for a game and/or find $50k or whatever....nothing.

Jerome

From the NFL Research team.

"The last three teams to lose a fumble on the opening drive of a playoff game went on to win the Super Bowl:
2017 Eagles (LII)
2013 Seahawks (XLVIII)
2012 Ravens (XLVII) "

Vikings have fumbled on their opening drive.

So anyone want to make a statement?
Is it time?
If you want it, Go get it?

I guess I have to put faith in what the Giants execs saw in our new HC. I'm hopeful, but also a realist, so I'll believe it when I see it.

Vikings won't win it all if Theilen is out, especially against the niners. I just don't see anyone beating the Ravens, especially if Ingram is back.

Jerome

I forgot to mention the games played today. So far, the Minnesota Vikings are DONE. The San Francisco 49ers beat the Vikes 27-10. As of the time of this post, Tennessee leads Baltimore 7-0 in Baltimore with 41 seconds left in the 1st Quarter.

Tomorrow's games: HOU at KC, and then SEA at GB.

Derrick Henry is playing on a whole different level at the moment. Baltimore can not handle him.

p30HGvt.jpg

I switched to Xfinity cable January 2nd. It went out a little before 3pm today and isn't scheduled to come back on until early tomorrow morning so I haven't seen any football. I guess that's Xfinity's little welcoming gift to me.

I guess I have to put faith in what the Giants execs saw in our new HC. I'm hopeful, but also a realist, so I'll believe it when I see it.

Vikings won't win it all if Theilen is out, especially against the niners. I just don't see anyone beating the Ravens, especially if Ingram is back.

Jerome
Go Titans. ;)

So Baltimore is DONE? Good grief! Now anybody could doggone well win the championship this season!

Back