2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS and 917 'Pink Pig' Coming to Forza 7 For Free July 10

... looks at PS4 Pro with beginnings of distaste...

Fair to say I am envious of the non-stop selection of cars for Forza. Yes, some are coming for GTS, but I can't enjoy the arcade'ness of that game and as such don't have much in-game cash. At least in that regard it is in fact a sim... :grumpy:

So the 2019 Gt3 goes into the garage with the 2018 and the 2012?

Seems to be a lot of GT3s... and I'm pretty sure the 996 GT3 original is there too?

... looks at PS4 Pro with beginnings of distaste...

Fair to say I am envious of the non-stop selection of cars for Forza. Yes, some are coming for GTS, but I can't enjoy the arcade'ness of that game and as such don't have much in-game cash. At least in that regard it is in fact a sim... :grumpy:

From what I heard, FM7 is not more simulation than GTS (I only own FM7). But I my opinion the car selection is far more diverse and fun :)

So the 2019 Gt3 goes into the garage with the 2018 and the 2012?

Seems to be a lot of GT3s... and I'm pretty sure the 996 GT3 original is there too?
2004 996 GT3
2012 997 GT3 RS 4.0
2016 991 GT3 RS
2019 991 GT3 RS

Seems like a lot, sure, but the more the better I suppose. I think they can do away with the 2012 4.0 GT3 RS. And as much as I like the new GT3 RS, it woulda been nice to see the brand new base model GT3 rather than the RS version since we already have the 2012 and 2016 GT3 RS.

From what I heard, FM7 is not more simulation than GTS (I only own FM7). But I my opinion the car selection is far more diverse and fun :)

They both out-do one another in different ways in terms of the physics engine. And, probably just as important, both are overshadowed more comprehensively by other sims out there. But GTS and FM7 find a very good balance between approachability and realism, IMO.

2004 996 GT3
2012 997 GT3 RS 4.0
2016 991 GT3 RS
2019 991 GT3 RS

Seems like a lot, sure, but the more the better I suppose. I think they can do away with the 2012 4.0 GT3 RS. And as much as I like the new GT3 RS, it woulda been nice to see the brand new base model GT3 rather than the RS version since we already have the 2012 and 2016 GT3 RS.

The 911 really drives home the issue with T10's usual "one model per gen, usually the highest-performing" approach. It's thankfully broke that here by including both the GT2 and GT3 RS (or the Turbo/GT3 RS for the 991.1 gen), but I'd love to see the regular GT3, or even some version of the Carrera, alongside it.

The 911 really drives home the issue with T10's usual "one model per gen, usually the highest-performing" approach. It's thankfully broke that here by including both the GT2 and GT3 RS (or the Turbo/GT3 RS for the 991.1 gen), but I'd love to see the regular GT3, or even some version of the Carrera, alongside it.
I can't even remember last time a 911 Carrera of some sort has been in a racing game outside the 2.7 Carrera RS, but even that is a top tier model. I guess in the case of the 911s in racing games they prefer to stick to the the highest performing models unless they want to flood the game with 911s.

If anything, I'd like to see the base model GT3 alongside the RS version, even if they are similar. FM4 had the 997 GT3 alongside the 997 GT3 RS, after all. Just doesn't seem likely.

What I'd love to see is a return of the 2010 Porsche 911 Sport Classic from FM4. Naturally aspirated and RWD, it is my favorite of the modern 911s.

I can't even remember last time a 911 Carrera of some sort has been in a racing game outside the 2.7 Carrera RS, but even that is a top tier model.

Assetto Corsa would be the only one I can think of. NFS possibly does as well.

What I'd love to see is a return of the 2010 Porsche 911 Sport Classic from FM4. Naturally aspirated and RWD, it is my favorite of the modern 911s.

That would be a good one. 👍

Both of your comments made me look back at the FM4 Porsche list and I'm surprised by how much is now back. I agree that the 997 GT3 is an odd omission (and both versions should return), but outside of it and the Sport Classic, basically the only car I'd want back is the Cayman R.

2004 996 GT3
2012 997 GT3 RS 4.0
2016 991 GT3 RS
2019 991 GT3 RS

The only reason I’d be fine with the 4.0 going is bc they butchered it with the front Forza splitter and the freaking front wheels always lifting in turns. Don’t enjoy driving it much bc of that; hard to push the car for lap times when it’s 3-wheelin out of corners. :ouch:

Could go on and on about missing 911s in the Forza series (or any games for that matter). But what seems to be missing the most attention is the 993 gen. I suppose they feel the GT2 is the best of the generation (it is, to be fair :lol: ), but I’d love to see a Turbo/Turbo S, Carrera RS or even a base model Carrera. Hell, even some more 964s. How about some earlier 911s like the 2.4 911S. Or 3.2 Clubsport. Everyone loves the air-cooled 911s right?

The only reason I’d be fine with the 4.0 going is bc they butchered it with the front Forza splitter and the freaking front wheels always lifting in turns. Don’t enjoy driving it much bc of that; hard to push the car for lap times when it’s 3-wheelin out of corners. :ouch:
Agreed. The 4.0 is one of my least favorite cars to drive in the game because of this issue. Waiting for a fix, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: The front lifting issue happens on some other cars too, just not remembering any at the moment. I think some trophy trucks do it and so does the Polaris atv thing. It's annoying!

Last edited:
That car list wants me to buy a xbox......
Join the dark side brother. The grass is really green and fresh (it was starting to turn dry but T10 quickly made it back green again.) Forza 7 has everything you love as a car person, and it's only going to get better from here via next week. :)

The funny thing is that the 997 is perfectly fine in FH2 and FH3.

I'm not near my consoles right now, but is that splitter on the 4.0 in the Car Collection screen? I'm wondering if the Great Unlocking will make it available in purely stock form...

The three-wheeling is a weird thing indeed. The GT2 RS feels a lot better now than it did in the demo and pre-launch, but the old Turbo 3.3 has a bad habit of lifting its front inside. I don't know what tweaking T10 did to the physics compared to FM6, and while I generally like it, the rear-engined vehicles (and the Polaris) seem to suffer for it.

I'm not near my consoles right now, but is that splitter on the 4.0 in the Car Collection screen? I'm wondering if the Great Unlocking will make it available in purely stock form...

The three-wheeling is a weird thing indeed. The GT2 RS feels a lot better now than it did in the demo and pre-launch, but the old Turbo 3.3 has a bad habit of lifting its front inside. I don't know what tweaking T10 did to the physics compared to FM6, and while I generally like it, the rear-engined vehicles (and the Polaris) seem to suffer for it.
Hopefully it does.

The 3-wheel issue I’ve read can be sort of fixed by certain tunes, but I haven’t dug enough to see what, if any tunes, are made exactly to address it.

Speaking of multiple versions of the same model, I hope the 917/20 Pink Pig doesn't take the spot nearly everyone wanted the 917 K to have.

It's not even an issue isolated to rear-engined vehicles in the game. While completing today's Forzathon I noticed similar behavior to the extremes on the Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt.

Wouldn't it make more sense to dump the 2016 991.1, given how similar it is to the 2019 991.2?

It's not even an issue isolated to rear-engined vehicles in the game. While completing today's Forzathon I noticed similar behavior to the extremes on the Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt.

This is what worries me about FH4 and future Forza titles. From the monthly stream, it sounds like the devs are doubling down on the wheel lifting and wobbly suspension and made them even more extreme in FH4.

This is what worries me about FH4 and future Forza titles. From the monthly stream, it sounds like the devs are doubling down on the wheel lifting and wobbly suspension and made them even more extreme in FH4.
If that's how the car behaves in real life, then I don't have a problem with that.

The Thunderbolt was specifically made to go fast in a straight line, so it's obvious it will not tackle corners in any comfortable manner and I think they've done a good job with the physics on that one. In theory, the Dart Super Stock and the Coronet should behave the same way, but alas they don't.

I just got a 756Mb update and it dumped the two cars into my garage.

There must be other stuff in there as 3/4 of a gig for 2 cars doesnt make sense.

Back