2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Road Test Review: Top of the Charts

Seeing these in the road, it's like a Ford in the front and Lexus from the rear doors to the tailights. Not liking this gen of "styling".

It looks a lot better than the others but these types of cars are all so bland. No character whatsoever.

Also seems a tad pricey, once you include hst and all the other fun stuff this thing will be close to or above 50k. Not a whole lot of car for that kind of money imo.

Seeing these in the road, it's like a Ford in the front and Lexus from the rear doors to the tailights. Not liking this gen of "styling".

It's true, there's a lot of Ford to the front end. But overall, I'd say the character is more Toyota. It's certainly more visually interesting to me than the last generation.

Also seems a tad pricey, once you include hst and all the other fun stuff this thing will be close to or above 50k. Not a whole lot of car for that kind of money imo.

Yeah, the XLE is probably the sweet spot of the range, saving a solid $7k — or half that with the XSE package ticked. There's little that's missing there, and it's what I've recommended to my mom, who's seriously considering one of these as her next car in about 18 months.

That said, this whole class is getting pricey. While most of them start under $30k, getting a decent amount of kit bumps them past that. It's shocking to me that the CX-5 comes in at $47k with the diesel. :eek:

I'd say the C-HR hit the mark with the Toyota edgy styling(even though it it's been out for a few years).
This RAV4 is almost trying to show the family resemblance to the Tundra. Also, the bonnet is crazy long(especially in that blueprint blue). Does this come with a Skyactiv engine? :sly:

With all that said)(just having a lighthearted play), the interior does look good though.

So I've had mine for around a week and put just under a thousand miles on it, and for my needs its ideal.

The 'toys' list hits the right spot, auto HighBeam in particular given that 70% of my daily commute in on unlit B-roads, fuel economy is not far off my old diesel V40, at 46mpg vs 49 mpg imperial (roughly 38mpg US and 6 litres per 100km) and its still creeping up on a daily basis.

The CVT isn't my first choice of transmission, but actually suits the car well and does the job, and compared to the last Toyota I owned (a T230 Celica) the interior is a massive step up in terms of quality.

Very happy with it so far.

The 2021 "Prime" will have 300 hp. I wonder how pricey that one will be. I'm guessing close to 55-60k cdn out the door.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2021-toyota-rav4-prime-makes-302-****ing-hp-1839953918

Back