2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Honestly I turned the TV off. Just following the live timing at the moment. A safety car would be handy. :lol:

I don't really understand why that matters unless they wanted to delude some fans into thinking the championship is still going. It makes sense to celebrate the championship win when you get it.

Tekno's expansion plans have hit a bit of a snag. With Rod Salmon who was behind the purchase of their second REC, pulling out of the project. Supercars are holding a meeting on Wednesday to review the plans of the team.
That must be a bit worrying for JC, especially this part:
However, Seamer has reiterated that the project must be done correctly and intimated that it could be delayed by a year to ensure its birth is successful.

That must be a bit worrying for JC, especially this part:

Reading the Auto Action article. Sounds like this could become quite nasty.
But the Webb and his father – and Tekno REC owner Steve – and Salmon have not pursued their mooted deal.

At Sandown last weekend there were strong rumours the Webbs were going it alone and Salmon was out of the picture.

But sources close to Salmon insist that he remains fully committed to the project, has no interest in aligning with the Webbs and believes he has the legal upper-hand in terms of agreements with parties relevant to the deal.

Wonder if JC is having second thoughts yet?

You beat me to it :lol:

Apologies. :lol:👍

Yeah, I didn't like Webbhead's attitude, regarding driving the car as the Main driver because, "...it's my team and my car!". Lebrocq was good to get clear of this one. Should be interesting.

This is pretty rich coming from Roland. Jealous much? :rolleyes::
“They’ve got more money than the rest of us put together and the only thing that I think they’ll understand in that team is points and exclusions, but it is what it is.

He knows quite well that the engine in question was damaged and had been checked, passed, and sealed prior to use at Bathurst. Maybe giving him a ride height penalty for SVG's car will shut him up. :P

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/11/12/dane-issuing-djrtp-fines-a-waste-of-time/

And then there's this classic piece of RD smugness. Maybe Supercars should be looking at a parity adjustment?:
Added Dane: “The things you need are car speed and good drivers.

To be honest without that Safety Car we probably would have lapped the field. It was an outstanding effort by the whole team.”
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/triple-eight-analysing-self-inflicted-failure/

I'm just going to paste a post I made on reddit

This whole debacle makes anyone who comments on it look bad at this point, RD mentions this when he has lost the driver's championship. Notice how whenever one team wins Bathurst or the Driver's championship one is suddenly much more important then the other? This whole season has left such a bad taste in my mouth there's just no point in looking at it anymore. Bathurst was controversial but Whincup did hold up the cars behind in 2014 for the same reason... all be it not nearly as badly. But let's say he won in the end, would there be constant mention and crying about it if RBR got the same penalty that DJR got? The penalty yesterday applying in a race two events ago for being such a minor violation that DJR themselves literally could not measure it themselves (As admitted by CAMS) just comes off as such a massive witch hunt as this point. I'm personally just over the constant crying from people like RD and Barry Ryan when their teams clearly have their own agendas. But people keep interviewing them like they will have some amazing insight into what is going on. But they just sledge other teams instead, because this series has just become a ****fight about MY TEAM DESERVES TO WIN, THE OTHER TEAM IS CHEATING BECAUSE WE DIDN'T WIN. Last year we had to watch RBR lap almost the entire field with thr idea that their car is new so only 1 BoP change was made in the year. This year we have the same situation except now it's 3? 4 changes now?

The coverage watching and talking about Whincup or SVG just.... going around while fights in the midpack are going on. Constantly crying about the team that is beating them after the race.

Regardless of which Drivers or Teams you barrack for this surely has to be annoying to constantly have to put up with right?

And then there's this classic piece of RD smugness. Maybe Supercars should be looking at a parity adjustment?:

God. Can you imagine if two Mustangs almost lapped the field, like the T8 cars did? All the talk afterwards would be about the "P" word. :lol:
The coverage watching and talking about Whincup or SVG just.... going around while fights in the midpack are going on.

The coverage has been average for sometime. I'm sure there's a lot of teams that would love to have the same amount of TV time that the T8 and DJRTP garages get each race.

God. Can you imagine if two Mustangs almost lapped the field, like the T8 cars did? All the talk afterwards would be about the "P" word. :lol:
For sure, especially if one started from the back.

I just hope they've got something sorted for the reduced downforce off season parity adjustments. If they use what the cars are running now as a starting point I fear the Mustangs will be getting a raw deal.

Back