2019 World Rally ChampionshipRally 

• Thread starter Torneo
  • 76 comments
I wish him the best of luck & I'm sure he will quickly rise to the challenge of winning with the Hyundai but this move has, imo, handed next year's championship straight back to Mr Ogier as it will take Ott a few rounds to get used to the new car, by this time Ogier's lead will be unassailable.

Also this move will cause upset & disruption in the Hyundai team as Neuville isn't used to being No.2 & won't be happy to take team orders.

Interesting times ahead !

So internet hot take rumours... Ogier & Neuville both testing at Toyota, sourced from a finnish journalist and location of a Neuville tweet respectively.

So internet hot take rumours... Ogier & Neuville both testing at Toyota, sourced from a finnish journalist and location of a Neuville tweet respectively.

Interesting, both Kris Meeke and Kalle Rovanperä already have contracts with Toyota so there is only 1 slot left

How the hell does Meeke still have a contract? He crashes more than he finishes for crying out loud. Sure he can be quick, but he’s so unreliable. If Toyota loses the manufacturers title this year, it’ll be because of Meeke. Can’t understand why they would resign him.

For some reason, Tanak going to Hyundai reminds me of an Alonso type career move.

Rally Australia has been cancelled due to wildfires.

Such a pity consider Rally Australia will not return to WRC. This is the second time there been 14 rounds but got reduced to 13 because of some disaster, 2016 China roads became damaged by rain.

Big hit for the championship to lose a manufacturer though.

I thought Ogier had a two year contract, did Toyota pay PSA to buy him out ?

I understood that Ott left mainly due to money, it seems strange then that they can afford Ogier, (plus his Citroen contact).

I'd love to understand all the decisions and details behind all this but the info will never be available.

I understood that Ott left mainly due to money

Multiple anonymous sources have been saying for the last few months that Ott didn't get on well with Tommi's girlfriend. And that the atmosphere and work environment within Toyota is uncomfortable.

Personally, they 🤬 me up. I know a spot where Citroën did the tests before Mexico very close to where I live in. Saw Loeb couple of years ago, last year I couldn't see Ogier because they left before I went there.

Damn it Peugeot, you could have waited half year to announce the WEC entry :lol:

WRC is truly opposite of F1. in F1 teams threaten to quit constantly but never do, in WRC they withdraw before we even know it.

Sad but true & seemingly without no repurcusions either, other than damage to the sport.

WRC is truly opposite of F1. in F1 teams threaten to quit constantly but never do, in WRC they withdraw before we even know it.

That’s because it’s much more dependent on auto manufacturers. Remember about a decade ago when F1 lost Honda, Toyota, and BMW as the economy started to go south.

Rally Chile 2020 is in doubt:

1) There has been a month of violent protests. I live an hour from Chile and am keeping up with the situation. Concepción, the rally HQ, has suffered some of the worst incidents. Unfortunately it's a no-go zone for me right now. We used to vacation there and do shopping (much cheaper than Argentina).

2) The rally date could coincide with the referendum for a new Constitution. If that's the case the rally will surely be canceled as it will be a high-risk time period.

Hope things settle down for Chilean's sake.

https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias...te-voluntad-pero-problemas-con-la-fecha.shtml

I think Tanak also left Toyota because they have to work more on reliability. Yaris just stopped on some rallies and Tanak DNF.
Hyundai on the other hand, shows that they will do anything to get a win.

So, with Ogier/Evans/Rovanperä confirmed, who do you think will/could/should grab the last seat at M-Sport?

How about Andreas Mikkeleson or Craig Breen ?
Both deserve a seat imo.

Last edited:
Thanks, man. All good here. But Argentina is also in a profound economic crisis and a new president takes power December 10th. Anything can happen LOL.

Oh dear. And in the UK we have Brexit which is a complete nonsense :)

Back