2020-2021 (or Maybe Just 2021?) NBA Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 108 comments
By this time next week, we'll be a few days into this 2020-2021 NBA season. The Los Angeles Lakers may likely be the team that could win it all again. We'll see what happens once this new season gets underway.

Clippers with ty lue now 0-3 in the preseason already

Wtf are they doin'?? They're not going to win anything with him when the season ends whatsoever

The Houston Rockets played their final Preseason game last night hosting the San Antonio Spurs. With no John Wall or DeMarcus Cousins in the lineup, a little more work was put on James Harden to get into shape. The real star last night for Houston was Christian Wood. He put up a double-double of about 27 points and 10 rebounds. If C. Wood puts on a performance like this on a constant basis, the Rockets may have a star of the future playing today. The one thing that people are going nuts about is how a Rockets announcer said "who needs James Harden?" during the fine performance by Christian Wood. Should be interesting how this saga continues.

Remember- the 2020-2021 NBA season begins Wednesday December, 23, 2020. Get psyched!

My Twitter feed this morning is indicating that the Houston Rockets are in discussions to trade James Harden to the Denver Nuggets. The Rockets hope to land Jamal Murray, a number of future draft packs, and even Bol Manute Bol. Imagine that...

You waited long enough, GTPlanet. Well, not really- like... maybe a few months since last season's game? But the NBA is back and ready to go in full anger! Tonight's games:

* GS Warriors at BKN Nets
* LAC Clippers *at* LAL Lakers

These two games can be seen tonight as part of the NBA on TNT. So be sure to check in to TNT tonight to see tonight's action. Both LA teams play in the same arena, so that's why I used "*at*." Like it's a home game, but not a HOME game. Anyhow... enjoy tonight's action!

Man Harden sure is trying as hard as he can to do anything to force his way to another team that he can destroy from the inside out after choking in the playoffs; even holding public health guidelines in contempt.

Last edited:
My Houston Rockets are ready to go tonight! ...or so we thought. Positive tests of COVID-19/Coronavirus have postponed the Rockets' season opener hosting the Thunder tonight. There are also issues in which James Harden was part of some event where he didn't wear a mask. This is just awful. Now I am basically thinking of James Harden in the sense of, you've done a great job elevating the Rockets and making them great again. But... you've overstayed your welcome. The biggest concern for the Rockets is if No. 13 will have his head in the game and commit with the team. He's still a great player, but I don't think he's NBA Champion material. Even the NBA on TNT roundtable crew have been disappointed with how the Rockets are fairing right now. It's just sad here. We're already dealing with woes with the Texans and Astros. This just adds to it. Yay, us...

Merry Christmas, GTPlaneteers!

No greater tradition in NBA basketball than when the NBA plays on Christmas. The National Basketball Association wants to show you Christmas love in 2020 the way only they can with the following matches today:

* NO Pelicans at MIA Heat
* GS Warriors at MIL Bucks
* BKN Nets at BOS Celtics
* DAL Mavericks at LAL Lakers
* LAC Clippers at DEN Nuggets

So, uh... enjoy some NBA hoops today, mates! :)

I'm watching my Houston Rockets host the Sacramento Kings. The Rockets are rocking their unique H-Town blue colors reminiscent of the former Houston Oilers of the NFL (now the Tennessee Titans). I REALLY like Christian Wood on the Rockets. If there was a chance for him to become his own superstar, he's got his best chance with the Rockets. I think the John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins tandem can work in Houston. I am also noticing they are attacking the inside more rather than rely on 3-poiners. So that's good too.

We're currently tied at 42 with 7:05 left in the 2nd Quarter. Rockets are 0-2 so far on this season. Seeking a win before 2020 comes to an end.

It was 122-119 as the Houston Rockets finally won their first game of the season. Our record is now 1-2.

So how are you NBA fans liking the 2020-2021 season so far? My Rockets recently got run over by the Los Angeles Lakers here in Houston 120-102 last night. No one wants to praise another team from his/her own state. However, I really think the Dallas Mavericks has something cooking this season. They have a fair amount of talent that could lead them to their 2nd NBA Championship. So I think I'm going to see how Dallas does this season.

So how are you NBA fans liking the 2020-2021 season so far? My Rockets recently got run over by the Los Angeles Lakers here in Houston 120-102 last night. No one wants to praise another team from his/her own state. However, I really think the Dallas Mavericks has something cooking this season. They have a fair amount of talent that could lead them to their 2nd NBA Championship. So I think I'm going to see how Dallas does this season.
You're gonna have to wait a couple days, then. Mavs-Pelicans game postponed tonight as we don't have enough players. I believe the Chicago game for tomorrow has been postponed as well.

I think Adam Silver just didn't want to see the return of Tingus Pingus for us. :P

THIS JUST IN...

Houston Rocket James Harden has been traded to the Brooklyn Nets in a four-team deal. Houston will pick up Victor Oladipo. Caris LeVert is going to the Indiana Pacers. J. Harden mentioned that the Rockets were "unfixable" after getting blown out at home against the Los Angeles Lakers. He's hurt his reputation with others according to some people. The Houston Rockets are currently 3-6 and next-to-last in the Western Conference standings ahead of Minnesota.

Houston's in sports Hell right now. We already had the Houston Astros' scandal. Now we got the ailing Rockets and even more ailing Texans. Just more 🤬 for Houston teams to try to clean up.

[OMISSION] I had actually lost my patience with James Harden for some time. So while he is still an S-Rank player, he has an A-rank or B-Rank mindset. I am still uncertain if he can ever win a Championship with any team. And I'm pretty sure the Nets will exorcise my Rockets the next times we play against Brooklyn. I lost my patience with Harden and felt he had to go, especially if he was this adamant about wanting a trade. I still thank James Harden for not making my Rockets trash all these years.

Last edited:
Between Harden eating basketballs rather than throwing them and Kyrie going AWOL for personal reasons for two weeks so he can go to a club, I'm interested in seeing the biggest implosion in basketball history.

Between Harden eating basketballs rather than throwing them and Kyrie going AWOL for personal reasons for two weeks so he can go to a club, I'm interested in seeing the biggest implosion in basketball history.
The Nets did not learn their lesson from last decade when they traded so many picks for Garnett and Pierce.

They are essentially doing this same thing again. Harden and Irving are extremely temperamental and Irving needs to be reprimanded in some way.

They'll be favored to come out of the east now but it's interesting to see how they'll match up with the lakers in case both teams meet in the finals.

Steve nash need to make good adjustments

Many reactions to Houstonians seeing James Harden traded have been very mixed. A greater majority is proud that Harden got shipped off with his frustrations with the team. Even County Judge Lina Hidalgo posted an animated GIF basically saying goodbye to James Harden! I think it is more Harden's attitude and work ethic that got him to be disliked. A local car wash here in Houston is even offering free car washes if you have a James Harden jersey you want to trade in. I already said in an Omission that may patience was wearing thin with James Harden to where I eventually thought it was time to move on. So a lot of the Rockets' offense will not be as powerful as when Harden was banking buckets, but at least this may be the start of a possible new generation for Houston. I doubt we'll be 8th or better in the Western Conference come playoff time, but at least we have a lot of work to do to hopefully make the postseason this season. We are 3-6, 14th in the Western Conference at present.

The Houston Rockets' first game after trading James Harden happened tonight as the Houston Rockets were at the San Antonio Spurs. And in this first game since the trade, the Houston Rockets won 109-105. This is the Rockets' first road win of the season. They came in 0-3 in road games prior to tonight. The team played hard trying to rally back in the 4th Quarter. Christian Wood picked up a double-double with 27 points and 15 rebounds to lead all Rockets scorers. Also with a double-double was Jae'Sean Tate with 13 points and 10 assists.

The teams separated by about a three hours drive will clash again this Saturday in San Antonio.

There was talk on if the NBA would expand. There are no immediate plans to expand the league, but it has been considered at least. There are 30 teams in the NBA, and it is possible two more could join if everything goes right. The general consensus would love to see the NBA return to Seattle. Some others even want to see a franchise return to Vancouver. You know... before the Vancouver Grizzlies became the Memphis Grizzlies. For me personally, I'd want to see an even-out deal. So if you're going to introduce two new teams, they would best be one for the Western Conference and one for the Eastern Conference.

I actually would want the NBA to return to Seattle. So where would a new Eastern Conference team be? You could think of any number of cities before the NBA-ABA merger. A good number of cities could be part of an Eastern Conference swing. Among them (to me): Kansas City (Missouri), Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore, Nashville, and maybe even Syracuse. You may even include Louisville. I would also include Montreal or Quebec City, but I'd kind of want two Canadian locales on two different sides of Canada.

On right now are a handful of MLK Day games. Right now being played is the Phoenix Suns at Memphis Grizzlies. Enjoy tonight's action!

...meanwhile, in Detroit...

The Houston Rockets managed to hang onto a 103-102 lead to win. The Rockets led by much more at the half, but the Pistons were plenty motivated to win. The would-be game winner from Detroit was denied upon further review. The Pistons player still had the ball in his hands when the red lights came on trying to land a finger roll, and the Rockets fouled Detroit after the red lights came on. So we managed to end our three-game losing streak even without John Wall or Christian Wood in the lineup. Our next game is at the Dallas Mavericks, and I'll be impressed if the Rockets somehow don't lose by more 10 points or if they even win that game.

JUST WRAPPED UP...

You know how I said I would be surprised if the Rockets lost by less than 10 or if they won at the Dallas Mavericks on this back-to-back? Well... the Houston Rockets downed Dallas 133-108. So we WON by 25 (I'm no Math major) when I thought they'd barely win or even lose by 11 or more. First time I checked into the game, the Rockets led over the Dallas Mavericks 11-3 with just under two minutes into the game. Solid play by the likes of John Wall and DeMarcus "Boogie" Cousins helped the Rockets cause in this rout. So this was a successful back-to-back road trip for Houston. We're back home for a pair of home games starting on Tuesday hosting the Washington Wizards.

Last edited:
Man the Jazz got their 8th straight win last night. The league is sleeping on this team.

Man the Jazz got their 8th straight win last night. The league is sleeping on this team.
Can they make it past the second round of the playoffs this year? Last time, they choked their 3-1 lead against jokic and the nuggets during the first round.

Can they make it past the second round of the playoffs this year? Last time, they choked their 3-1 lead against jokic and the nuggets during the first round.

Maybe, it's going to depend on how healthy they are. I do agree that last year's playoffs were pretty shameful to watch given how the Jazz performed. They easily had the pieces to make a good run at the Finals but ended up blowing it.

===

In other Jazz news, our House of Representatives passed a resolution honoring Donovan Mitchell while throwing shade at Shaq. Excerpts include Shaq's inability to shoot free throws and that he stared in the movie Kazaam. It was also suggested that the Utah state arachnid be the "Spida" which is Mitchell's nickname. As much as I hate wasteful government, I'm good with this since Mitchell is a genuinely good dude who does a ton for Salt Lake. He's also known for being great with fans, even when they come up to him while he's eating at a restaurant.

https://le.utah.gov/~2021/bills/static/HR0003.html

You know, folks, our Joey D may be onto something. The Utah Jazz apparently have won their 11th(?) straight game heading into tonight's contest hosting McLaren's Dallas Mavericks. So it may be time to take the Utah Jazz seriously. The Jazz currently sit at 14-4 and lead the Northwest Division. Dallas, meanwhile, are 8-10 and 4th in the Southwest Division. If Utah keeps this up, they may be NBA Finals favorites.

Now on to my Houston Rockets. We're 8-9 on the season, 3rd in the Southwest Division. Our next game is at New Orleans tomorrow night. Former Rockets great, Vernon Maxwell, is calling this new look Rockets as the "WOW Era" of NBA basketball. It's John Wall, Victor Oladipo, and Christian Wood. Of these three, I love Christian Wood. He's been around in the league for a few teams prior to Houston. Wood, though, has been a solid and consistent player. Victor Oladipo has been fairly good. He isn't going to be an explosive player, but I do see plenty of upside with him in the Rockets' rotation. John Wall has the veteran leadership to keep this team stable.

I hope your favorite team(s) is/are doing well. Enjoy this weekend's games!

Last edited:
Back