2020-2021 (or Maybe Just 2021?) NBA Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 108 comments
The 2020-2021 Houston Rockets have the worst record in the league. Hard to imagine me saying that, huh? It's true, sadly. The Rockets are dead last in the Southwest Division as well as in the Western Conference at 15-44. Minnesota is currently 16-44. Both Orlando and Detroit are 18-41. Once James Harden left Houston this season, the Rockets just fell into a Black Hole. This is one of the worst seasons of Rockets' basketball in recent memory. Only good thing is that this Rockets team currently has one more team than their fewest win team in team history. Still, it's tough watching these guys in their current state.

The Jazz set a franchise record last night putting up 154 on the Kings. In the first quarter, they led Sac 46-17. What's even more impressive is that they did it without Mitchell or Conley.

I'm so ready for the Jazz to be the number 1 seed in the west only to get destroyed in the second round of the playoffs because that's just who the Jazz are.

You know, Joey D, good luck to your Utah Jazz in the postseason. Despite the Rockets/Jazz rivalry, I am at least a good sport. Jazz been ballin' all season while the Rockets have gone from great to doormat. Go as far as you can, Utah Jazz.

By the way, my Houston Rockets will host the Milwaukee Bucks tonight. I found out my Rockets' final game of the season is at the Atlanta Hawks on May 16. This season can't end any sooner for the Houston Rockets.

Rockets won last night! 143-136 was the score as the Rockets defeated the visiting Milwaukee Bucks. Kevin Porter Jr. knocked down 50 points (a career high) along with 11 assists. Porter Jr. became the youngest Rockets player to score 50 points in a game. A key to this game was Giannis Antetokounmpo going down early in an unintentional right ankle injury. The Rockets took the lead in the 3rd Quarter and picked up the win. Wins come at a premium, but you'll take any wins you can get. A well done job nonetheless!

If you're wondering when this regular season will end, the Rockets' final game of the 2020-2021 season will be on May 16 at the Atlanta Hawks. I still root on the Rockets, but this season has been a lost cause.

[OMISSION] Kevin Porter Jr. also logged 11 assists(?) to get a double-double on the night.

Last edited:
The Houston Rockets' 2020-2021 season is over. They'll finish with the worst record in the league- 17-55. Thankfully, this isn't the worst record in Rockets history. The fewest wins as a franchise was 14 wins. Their final game of the season in a 124-95 loss at the Atlanta Hawks. It's an incredible shame of a season in light of James Harden and Russell Westbrook getting shipped off, a brutal 20-game losing streak, and a new head coach in Stephen Silas. This is NOT the Rockets basketball we are accustomed to. But... I guess after many years of success, they were due for some kind of major fail. I'm hoping the Rockets never again have a season so unfulfilling and awful as this one. Regardless, this is still my favorite NBA team. They'd better figure things out quickly to avoid mediocrity for years to come.

Having said this, I want to congratulate the teams that made the postseason for 2020-2021. Too bad we couldn't mix things up this season. I'll probably just hype up the NBA when I can. Otherwise, I'm just awaiting next season.

For the first time in NBA history, the Playoffs will feature a Play-In Tournament. The first of the Play-In games begins tonight with two games scheduled. Remember that teams ranked 7-10 are playing for the final two spots in the main NBA Playoffs. Before going any further, let's look at the brackets. The Play-In Games are in parentheses:

--- 2020-2021 NBA Playoffs: East ---
* #1 PHI 76ers vs. #8 (winner of (#9 IND Pacers/#10 CHA Hornets))
* #4 NYK Knicks vs. #5 ATL Hawks
* #3 MIL Bucks vs. #6 MIA Heat
* #2 BKN Nets vs. #7 (winner of (#8 WAS Wizards/ #7 BOS Celtics))

--- 2020-2021 NBA Playoffs: West ---
* #1 UTA Jazz vs. #8 (winner of (#9 MEM Grizzlies/#10 SA Spurs))
* #4 LAC Clippers vs. #5 DAL Mavericks
* #3 DEN Nuggets vs. #6 POR Trail Blazers
* #2 PHX Suns vs. #7 (winner of (#7 LAL Lakers/#8 GS Warriors))

Here's how the Play-In Games work. Let me try to explain as best as I can.

* The #7 and #8 seeds are assured at least one more game regardless of who wins the Play-In game. The winner of the Seed 7 vs. Seed 8 match will officially be the #7 seed in the main Playoffs bracket and will take on the 2nd-seeded team in their respective conference of the Playoffs. However, the loser of the #7 vs. #8 match will take on the winner of the 9th vs. 10th Seed match. The winner of that extra game will be the #8 seed and will take on the 1st-seeded team in its respective conference of the Playoffs.

* The stakes are higher for the 9th and 10th seeds, however. The winner of the Seed 9 vs. Seed 10 matches will play the winner of the 7th vs. 8th seed match. The winner of that extra game will be the 8th seed in the main Playoffs bracket. The loser of the #9 vs. #10 Play-In game is eliminated from the postseason.

This was as best as I can explain it.

Congratulations to all playoff participants, and better luck next season for those who failed to advance to this point. Enjoy the 2020-2021 NBA Playoffs!

The Brooklyn Nets are DONE. It was 115-111 in OT as the Milwaukee Bucks took down the Brooklyn Nets. So that super team that could go all the way? You know... James Harden going from wanting a trade from the Houston Rockets to end up in Brooklyn? Yeah... it's OVER for Brooklyn.

Here's how we got to where we are now...

--- 2020-2021 PLAY-IN TOURNAMENT ---
  • LAL def. GS 103-100; LAL advances to playoffs, GS to elimination game
  • MEM def. SA 100-96; MEM meets GS in elimination game
  • MEM def. GS 117-112; MEM advances to playoffs

• BOS def. WAS 118-100; BOS advances to Playoffs, WAS to elimination game
  • IND def. CHA 144-117; IND advances to elimination game
  • WAS def. IND 142-115; WAS advances to Playoffs

--- 2020-2021 NBA PLAYOFFS: 1ST ROUND ---
  • #1 UTA def. #8 MEM 4-1 in series
  • #4 LAC def. #5 DAL 4-3 in series
  • #3 DEN def. #6 POR 4-2 in series
  • #2 PHX def. #2 LAL 4-2 in series

• #1 PHI def. #8 WAS 4-1 in series
  • #5 ATL def. #4 NYK 4-1 in series
  • #3 MIL def. #6 MIA 4-0 in series
  • #2 BKN def. #7 BOS 4-1 in series

--- 2020-2021 NBA PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS ---
  • #4 LAC def. #1 UTA 4-2 in series
  • #2 PHX def. #3 DEN 4-0 in series

• PHI and ATL series tied at 3-3
  • #2 MIL def. #3 BKN 4-3 in series

And that's where we are as of the time of this post.

I'm so ready for the Jazz to be the number 1 seed in the west only to get destroyed in the second round of the playoffs because that's just who the Jazz are.
Well, at least I could prepare myself for disappointment.

Seeing it everywhere and it's the best quote in awhile "If you ever feel useless, remember that Ben Simmons wears a shooting sleeve".

I don't know you if you heard about it, but check this out. Some of you may have heard of the Harlem Globetrotters. You may have even seen the Harlem Globetrotters play. Well, they are reportedly wanting to be the next NBA team. That would be out of character for the Harlem Globetrotters. That means their playful style of basketball will now have to be all serious. It would be like going from a T-shirt and jeans and Converses, to Armani suits and oxfords. It almost sounds like an April Fool's Joke or some troll job. I can understand this in terms of the NBA trying to expand, but with all due respect, I'd love to see the Seattle Supersonics return or maybe add a western Canadian team in the NBA. If you want another eastern team, look to unrepresented major cities out east like Cincinnati, Louisville, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Kansas City (Missouri or Kansas), Syracuse, or Buffalo.

More info on the Harlem Globetrotters wanting to join the NBA: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba...ilver-nba-expansion/12vibtwu7j1x1ed6b22a32b7g . What say you about this?

Hey, Dallas Mavericks fans! Get to know your new head coach- Jason Kidd! J. Kidd is the replacement to Rick Carisle. I am a Houston Rockets fan, but I do wish the Dallas Mavericks well moving forward as a fair sport. Dallas lost in the first round of the 2020-2021 Playoffs to the Los Angeles Clippers in a 4-2 series win.

Well, half of the 2020-2021 NBA Finals is set. The Phoenix Suns eliminated the Los Angeles Clippers last night. This is the Suns' first NBA Finals appearance since 1993. The Eastern Conference Finals is at a 2-2 tie between the Milwaukee Bucks and Atlanta Hawks.

I'll be remiss for not mentioning this, but I want to wish Marv Albert an amazing retirement. The 80-year old iconic broadcaster will sign off on his 52-something year career calling games once the ECF are done. I really respect Marv Albert in his long broadcasting career.

GTPlaneteers, we have an NBA Final! It will be...

#2W Phoenix Suns vs. #3E Milwaukee Bucks

The O'Brien Trophy is on the line when these two clash for the NBA Championship. If you care to predict, who wins the NBA Championship this season and (optional) in how many games?

Tonight (a few moments, actually) begins the 2020-2021 NBA Finals. The teams clashing to hoist the O'Brien Trophy are the No. 2 in the West Phoenix Suns and the No. 3 in the East Milwaukee Bucks. PHX returns to the NBA Finals for the first time since 1993, and MIL is returning to the NBA Finals for the first time since 1974. Congratulations to whomever wins this championship series.

If the Milwaukee Bucks win tonight in Milwaukee, the O'Brien Trophy and the honor of being the NBA Champions of the 2020-2021 season will be theirs. However, if they fail tonight against the Phoenix Suns, a winner-takes-all Game 7 will happen in Phoenix on Thursday. Congratulations to Milwaukee if they win tonight!

If you heard fireworks in and people cheering last night in Milwaukee, that's because the Milwaukee Bucks won the NBA Championship against the Phoenix Suns. They took the series 4-2 winning in Milwaukee. Giannis Antetokounmpo finally knocks down a championship ring. Congratulations to the Bucks and the "Greek Freak" on this championship triumph. Congratulations also to the Phoenix Suns on a great season.

Back