2020/21 GT Planet World GT Challenge (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 212 comments
Australia
Sydney
Raptor_Race_13
Welcome to 2020/21 World GT Challenge.
new season.jpg

This season marks a new era with the same passion for being an all inclusive series regardless of your skill level.

Our new season will also introduce scheduled grid starts for selected events were the track layout is a disadvantage to those starting towards the rear of the grid.

Race lobbies will be opened from 19:30 UK time, with Qualifying starting around 19:45 UK time.

We also introduce a new "Super Sprint" format with the introduction of the Gr.4 cars and a reverse grid race (more details below)

Season Calendar:

Round 1: Red Bull Ring
Date: 05/11/2021
Distance: 23 Laps
Time of Day: 07:45
Start Procedure: Rolling
Class: Gr3

bull.jpg

Round 2: Autopolis International Short
Date: 10/12/2021
Distance: 32 Laps
Time of Day: 18:15
Start Procedure: Grid with False Start

auto.jpg

Round 3: Tokyo Expressway South Outer
Date: 14/01/2022
Distance: 19 Laps
Time of Day: 18:00

tokyo.jpg

Round 4: Sardenga Road Track C
Date: 11/02/2022
Time of Day: 12:00
Class: Gr4

sard.jpg

Round 5: Sardenga Road Track C
Date: 11/02/2022
Time of Day: 12:00
Start Procedure: Grid with False Start (Reverse Grid)
Class: Gr4

sard.jpg

Round 6: Mount Panorama
Date: 18/03/2022
Distance: 16 Laps
Time of Day: 08:00

bathurst1.jpg

Round 7: Le Mans
Date: 22/04/2022
Distance: 7 Laps
Time of Day: 11:00

lemans.jpg

RACE SETTINGS:

Qualifying: 10 Minutes
Start: Varies from Event to Event
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mech Damage: Light
Tyre Wear: 4x
Fuel Depletion: 3x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds
Category: Gr.3 and Gr.4
BOP: On
Tyres: Racing Medium Only
Tuning: Prohibited
Ghost: Off
Penalties: Off
Side Contact Penalty: On
Driving Aids Prohibited: Countersteering Assistance

QUALIFYING SETTINGS:

Qualifying will be 10 minutes and tyre wear and fuel depletion will be switched off for the session. In the rare case there are any network issues qualy can be reduced to keep the time plan on schedule.

RULES/REGS:

The only rules and regs are....

1. You must keep the same car and racing number throughout the season.

2. Racing liveries are free, however must comply with GT Sports terms and conditions.

3. The Sardenga "Super Sprint" will see the introduction of Gr.4 cars. You must use a car from the same manufacturer as your regular series Gr.3 car.

4. The Sardenga "Super Sprint" will also see the introduction of the Super Soft Racing Tyres for both races as both Tyre Wear and fuel Burn will be set to x1.

5. #00 is held in reserve for the defending Silver Cup Champion. For this season that is @Totalrose

6. #1 is held in reserve for the defending Outright Champion. For this season that is @Totalrose

7. #99 in held in reserve for the defending AM Champion. For this season that is @Kuraudo

8. #37 is held in reserve for series founder @paoloevans

9. The points system is as follows

1st - 25pts
2nd - 18pts
3rd - 15pts
4th - 12pts
5th - 10pts
6th - 8pts
7th - 6pts
8th - 4pts
9th - 2pts
10th - 1pt

Pole Postition - 1pt
Fastest Lap - 1pt

Driver Classing:

New for this Season I am slightly tweaking the way in which I determine the driver classing. Along with your GT Sport DR I am also looking at your Speedscore % on Kudosprime.

The reason for this is to get a better grouping of the classes we already had. There where drivers in the Pro class last season who really should of been running the the Silver Class and there where drivers at the back of the Silver class who would of benefited from an AM class.

Once you have submitted your entry I will look up your profile on Kudosprime and determine your class.

Kudosprime Speedscore % = Class

Above 70% = PRO
50%-70% = Silver
Below 50% = AM

Silver and AM Classes:

Points will be awarded as normal for the overall finishing position but seperate points will be also awarded for the Silver and AM standings.

The points will be 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1.

Pole Position in the Silver and AM Classes will be awarded 1 point.

If your Speedscore % changes during the Season you will remain in the Class you started the season in :)

ENTRY:

To sign up please post your:

GTPlanet name:
PSN Name:
Car:
Number:
Livery Photo (Can be posted at a later date if necessary):

Last edited:
Series Entry List

#13 Raptor_Race_13 / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GT3 / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GT4 (Silver)
#18 Drivetek-18 / Nissan GT-R GT3 / Nissan GT-R GT4 (AM)
#37 paoloevans / Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 / Ferrari 458 Italia GT4 (Silver)
#61 Dexter_HUN / Honda NSX GT3 / Honda NSX GT4 / (AM)
#666 In-visigoth / Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 / Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 / (AM)

Reserves
#14 RidwanF1 / Jaguar F-type GT3 / Jaguar F-type GT4 / (Pro)

Last edited:
GTPlanet Name: paoloevans
PSN Name: paoloevans
Car: Ferrari 458 GT3 / Ferrari 458 Gr.4
Number #37 (Thanks for reserving for me!)
Livery:
8287208268064882692_0.jpg

Edit: this car has unfinished business. Gr.4 livery to be revealed at a later date.

Glad to be back and on the entry list. Possibility is that I won't be running in all the events but I will let you know in plenty of time when I won't be there.

Excellent that you've kept the series alive @Raptor013

Last edited:
GTPlanet Name: paoloevans
PSN Name: paoloevans
Car: Ferrari 458 GT3 / Ferrari 458 Gr.4
Number #37 (Thanks for reserving for me!)
Livery:
View attachment 1086978
Edit: this car has unfinished business.

Glad to be back and on the entry list. Possibility is that I won't be running in all the events but I will let you know in plenty of time when I won't be there.

Excellent that you've kept the series alive @Raptor013
Welcome back mate.

Car looks the ready to rock.

I think my hand is able to deal with the controller now., although I haven't driven since April.I Guess I can potter around the back... my K score is I think 42% so no change to my class :lol:.

GTPlanet name: Inviisigoth
PSN Name: In-visigoth
Car: Aston Martin Vantage (Gr3/Gr4)
Number: 666

I think my hand is able to deal with the controller now., although I haven't driven since April.I Guess I can potter around the back... my K score is I think 42% so no change to my class :lol:.

GTPlanet name: Inviisigoth
PSN Name: In-visigoth
Car: Aston Martin Vantage (Gr3/Gr4)
Number: 666
Hi mate. Glad your coming back! 😁😁

What's the start time for the races. The UK will be done with daylight saving at the end of this week. Will we move to GMT? Also here are my liveries completed
Livery Designer: Viperzed
8863164333164593696_23.jpg

8719049145219843624_23.jpg
Yes, I believe that once the UK Summer Time ends it would be GMT that we work off. At the moment for the Aussies in the room the lobby would open at 5:30 on Saturday mornings. However I'll keep those times updated as the UK Summer time ends.

@Invisigoth welcome back.

Yes, I believe that once the UK Summer Time ends it would be GMT that we work off. At the moment for the Aussies in the room the lobby would open at 5:30 on Saturday mornings. However I'll keep those times updated as the UK Summer time ends.

@Invisigoth welcome back.
Would be a bit earlier for me coz Im in perth

I'm sorry guys but I will have to pull out from this competition. I'm already focused on multiple other competitions and with work and school in my life, its hard to find much time so I am in the process of pulling out of some leagues. Wish you all the best with the season

I'm sorry guys but I will have to pull out from this competition. I'm already focused on multiple other competitions and with work and school in my life, its hard to find much time so I am in the process of pulling out of some leagues. Wish you all the best with the season
Understandable.

I'll hold you in a reserve slot should you get a chance to join us during the holiday period.

Despite a successful campaign with the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3 last season the lease agreement between Raptor Race Engineering and Mercedes was unable to be renewed with both sides citing a differing of opinion on how best to develop the car.

"We had hoped that we could strike a last minute deal to continue running the car, however with the opening race this weekend, we were left with no option but to walk away." a member of the team was quoted who wished to remain unanimous.

With just days to get the car ready for the opening race at Red Bull Ring, the call was made to the teams home away from home where the squads 2021 Manufacturer Cup cars were being refreshed after a long season.

An around the clock effort to finish the disassembly of the teams GT3 car along with major repairs to the rear floor after a major component failure on the cool down lap at Tsukuba saw the car burst into flames before the back straight, and then subsequently fall off the recovery truck after the fire was extinguished when the locking straps failed.

This morning the team rolled a freshly rebuilt and re-liveried "Dia" out of the workshop to be loaded on the truck heading across The Channel to Austria for the season opener.

The team also completed the conversion of the teams GT4 car "Maki" which will debut at the World GT Challenge Super Sprint held at Sardegna.

20211104233109.jpg
20211104233119.jpg
20211104233126.jpg

Back