2020/21 GT Planet World GT Challenge (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 212 comments
Race week :) !
tumblr_muf2obeh6O1ry46hlo1_400.gif

Ditto. always forget that right turn and go striat into the barrier!
I remember almost doing that at Oran Park during a night race.

We were running on the South track and they had a tyre barrier across the start straight to separate the pit lane exit.

During the final race of the night, a car ahead of me had an engine failure, sending clouds of smoke up the straight.

I raced through the cloud, and by the time I emerged out of the other side, I was 40 metres past my braking point for the corner.

Well I gave it a go using time trial in arcade mode...no custom track setting. It took a bit of tail chasing and I know there was a lot more gain possible, but I managed to get below 1:10. My guess most of you will be doing 1:5s. I think considering I havn't driven since round 1 I was doing alright... I kept remembering all the different cars I've crashed at different points on that track..or the rally driving with the Veyron....

Well I gave it a go using time trial in arcade mode...no custom track setting. It took a bit of tail chasing and I know there was a lot more gain possible, but I managed to get below 1:10. My guess most of you will be doing 1:5s. I think considering I havn't driven since round 1 I was doing alright... I kept remembering all the different cars I've crashed at different points on that track..or the rally driving with the Veyron....
Same speed here with tire/fuel on. Sounds great ;) .

Thanks to the 3 of you for another great race.

Firstly Qualifying was super intense with @Raptor013 and @Kuraudo right on the pace. It was so close between the 3 of us, I need to have another look at the times!

@Raptor013 you pushed me so hard in the race and I was worried your lap 15 pit stop was going to put you ahead but luckily I managed to get out just in time. I was literally right on the limit the entire race and god knows how I didn't make a big mistake in that one.

@Kuraudo your pace has improved so much which is amazing to see and @Invisigoth hang on in there, there were some tricky corners to deal with at Autopolis!

Great fun as always. I'll post some pictures tomorrow

😁👍

Last edited:
Thanks to the 3 of you for another great race.

Firstly Qualifying was super intense with @Raptor013 and @Kuraudo right on the pace. It was so close between the 3 of us, I need to have another look at the times!

@Raptor013 you pushed me so hard in the race and I was worried your lap 15 pit stop was going to put you ahead but luckily I managed to get out just in time. I was literally right on the limit the entire race and god knows how I didn't make a big mistake in that one.

@Kuraudo your pace has improved so much which is amazing to see and @Invisigoth hang on in there, there were some tricky corners to deal with at Autopolis!

Great fun as always. I'll post some pictures tomorrow

😁👍
Yeah, that was one heck of a battle between us in both the Qualifying and Race.

I was slightly annoyed that my undercut didn't work as planned today, but these things happen.

And yeah, it was one of those races where whoever made the first big mistake would lose the race. Unfortunately it was me today, I clipped the grass exiting Turn 1 and it sent me across the track. But that's life when you are pushing 10/tenths trying to force a mistake out of the cars in front.

@Kuraudo your pace today had me very worried. I reckon if you hadn't run that bit wide on Lap 1 at the first corner you would have made my life very painful trying to get back past you.

@Invisigoth Autopolis is one of those tracks that doesn't suit a lot of drivers. Most of the main corners are off camber which makes them a lot slower than they appear. Hopefully Tokyo will be more suited given its a street track.

It was an interesting race. I improved my times and lines after the pitstop... many mistakes early on killed my fronts , but I did spend less time doing donuts on the grass trying to get back on the track. I had some laps which for me we looking pretty deceny only for me to blow it on the 2nd to last. ON the plus side I kept it challenging for you on the lapping passses... I thought it was @paoloevans I saw mowing the lawn to pass... or I bumped him and unsettled that fragile prancing pony ........I was a bit surprised beating @Raptor013 to the first corner from behind...but then I was so surprised I didn't know what to do next :lol:

Congratulations and thank you guys. It was a very good and suprising race.

I have no idea how the hell I was that fast on a track I don't know/like. Most of the time (99%) if I play GT Sport I drive the NSX gr3. Probably this helps a lot.
I practiced at least 50-60 laps with tire wear and fuel ON but I always felt it won't be enough but in the end "only" +27 seconds after 32 laps? Awesome :) .
The start was scarry. The NSX was so quick off the line I almost murdered @paoloevans in the first corner (murdered Mulder...?). I had to break very hard and I was off the racing line instantly :D . The first and last two corners were my weak points, in the middle sector the NSX felt very nice and quick.
My fastest lap was only 0.8 slower than the overal best lap, so that's again a nice thing :) .
@Invisigoth you were fast. The second time when I caught up with you, I barely keep up with you. The Aston is a monster in the straights. If you didn't make a mistake, I would never overtake you.

Congratulations and thank you guys. It was a very good and suprising race.

I have no idea how the hell I was that fast on a track I don't know/like. Most of the time (99%) if I play GT Sport I drive the NSX gr3. Probably this helps a lot.
I practiced at least 50-60 laps with tire wear and fuel ON but I always felt it won't be enough but in the end "only" +27 seconds after 32 laps? Awesome :) .
The start was scarry. The NSX was so quick off the line I almost murdered @paoloevans in the first corner (murdered Mulder...?). I had to break very hard and I was off the racing line instantly :D . The first and last two corners were my weak points, in the middle sector the NSX felt very nice and quick.
My fastest lap was only 0.8 slower than the overal best lap, so that's again a nice thing :) .
@Invisigoth you were fast. The second time when I caught up with you, I barely keep up with you. The Aston is a monster in the straights. If you didn't make a mistake, I would never overtake you.
I wasn't sure wether you were going to "send it" into turn 1 so I did take a risk turning in 😜 However you did a great job in keeping it all together! Glad to see you up the front again mate 👌

I wasn't sure wether you were going to "send it" into turn 1 so I did take a risk turning in 😜 However you did a great job in keeping it all together! Glad to see you up the front again mate 👌
You obviously aren't used to him being up with you guys, cause other wise you'd know that @Kuraudo doesn't "send it".... he hangs on like the reaper waiting for you to make a mistake and then he swings his scythe....he's sneaky like that 🧐

Back