2020/21 GT Planet World GT Challenge (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 212 comments
Despite a successful campaign with the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3 last season the lease agreement between Raptor Race Engineering and Mercedes was unable to be renewed with both sides citing a differing of opinion on how best to develop the car.

"We had hoped that we could strike a last minute deal to continue running the car, however with the opening race this weekend, we were left with no option but to walk away." a member of the team was quoted who wished to remain unanimous.

With just days to get the car ready for the opening race at Red Bull Ring, the call was made to the teams home away from home where the squads 2021 Manufacturer Cup cars were being refreshed after a long season.

An around the clock effort to finish the disassembly of the teams GT3 car along with major repairs to the rear floor after a major component failure on the cool down lap at Tsukuba saw the car burst into flames before the back straight, and then subsequently fall off the recovery truck after the fire was extinguished when the locking straps failed.

This morning the team rolled a freshly rebuilt and re-liveried "Dia" out of the workshop to be loaded on the truck heading across The Channel to Austria for the season opener.

The team also completed the conversion of the teams GT4 car "Maki" which will debut at the World GT Challenge Super Sprint held at Sardegna.

View attachment 1091743View attachment 1091744View attachment 1091745
This is awesome :D! I wish I could write "backstage stories" like this...
The black-red side is super cool.

Cheers. I was really happy with how the car turned out when I first created the livery for the Mitsubishi v Subaru 300km at Fuji last year. This version is a slight edit of that design with a few different sponsor logos and re-positioning of decals to make space for the door number board.

Below is the original design from that race.
20200726222845.jpg
20200726222852.jpg

Cheers. I was really happy with how the car turned out when I first created the livery for the Mitsubishi v Subaru 300km at Fuji last year. This version is a slight edit of that design with a few different sponsor logos and re-positioning of decals to make space for the door number board.

Below is the original design from that race.
View attachment 1091764View attachment 1091765
I'm always amazed when I see livery like this. I don't have enough imagination but I don't want to steal from real life liveries (except Viper liveries :P ).

My liveries...
Me: after 1-2 hours Done! :P
My girlfriend: It's the same as last time... with a different base/stripe color... :odd:
Me: :dunce:

I'm always amazed when I see livery like this. I don't have enough imagination but I don't want to steal from real life liveries (except Viper liveries :P ).

My liveries...
Me: after 1-2 hours Done! :P
My girlfriend: It's the same as last time... with a different base/stripe color... :odd:
Me: :dunce:
Yeah the Viper liveries from the 1998/99 car is iconic.

As for the imagination. No idea where it came from for this kind of stuff as I was more into writing when I was younger (still do a bit here and there). Art never appealed to me during my time at school (I actively avoided it at all costs), but I do enjoy creating car liveries. And if it wasn't for the limiting factor of file size and image format for this game, I'd be able to create some truly amazing designs with some of the source images I have on the computer.

RBR was a good track for my return.. only came off a few times... those two corners always give me a hard time! My fastest lap was only 3s off and I only picked up the controller for the first time last night since Aprill.
Pretty impressive mate. Glad your doing well 👍😀

Last edited:
@Invisigoth I did wonder what happened there. I was too far back to see it (will have to watch the replay), but did see the gap drop from 6 seconds down to 4. I was kind of hoping you'd be able to hold him up a bit more as @paoloevans got the pit strategy perfect today.

I really should have reacted the lap after he came in, but the split times I was seeing at the 2nd sector told me I still had the pace. I didn't even see the 1:30.5 he set for fastest lap, which really should have been my cue to pit.

As for the part where you drifted towards me. I saw you appear in the window to my left and then in the mirror and on radar, I was just praying I was carrying enough speed to avoid you.

Considering there was only 4 of us on track I thoroughly enjoyed that race. I was able to focus 100% on @Raptor013 which helped me nail my strategy and on the new tyres I did have a couple of laps of pushing to the max which ultimately won me the race I think.

The rest of the season I'm sure will be just as close!!

Here's a few pictures of the action I took.
6990177130310008840_0.jpg
6999184336007201800_0.jpg
6999184329698968576_0.jpg
7142736574261755904_0.jpg
7142736576811892744_0.jpg
7133729374872798208_0.jpg
7134292316370501632_0.jpg
7133729377154499592_0.jpg

@paoloevans yeah, those opening 9 or so laps were brilliant. And it's as you say, you got the pit strategy right today. I saw you go in behind me and thought I had the pace to over cut you. When I finally pitted and was coming out of the lane up the hill and saw you already at Turn 1, I knew I'd have to chase you down.

I did enjoy the chase, but we were trading almost identical lap times so I couldn't make any inroads on you.

Official Results now confirmed by the Race Stewards after an investigation of contact between cars #37 and #13 on Lap 9 at Turn 8 deemed to be a racing incident with no penalties or cautions being applied.

Screenshot 2021-11-06 225806.png

Points Standings are also updated on the 1st page of the thread.

Hi guys
Thank you guys, congratulations for everyone and welcome back @paoloevans @Invisigoth :) .

It was a great race and of course I almost missed it. I just woke up 2 minutes before I logged in :D . I was very tired so I had a few interesting laps when I just shifted gears up and down randomly XD .
The first 6-7 laps was very strange: I saw cars in front of me! I was only half a sec off the best lap (don't know how I did that lap...) but then @paoloevans turned on the warp drive and gave me another half. Still, only 1 sec.
The car was great but the tire wear is brutal again and with the NSX the Brake balance -1 and 0 is a whole different dimension. -1: train with glued wheels, 0: Ken Block... :D

In the end +27 seconds in a 23 laps race? I take this any time without a question :) .

@Raptor013 I can imagine the livery, but I can't make it (I know sounds stupid :D ), I can imagine the matching colors but when I'm there I can't find them etc. :( . I love the GTS livery editor but it has a few clunky parts.

Last edited:
@Kuraudo you had a good race. I was surprised you were able to stay with me and @paoloevans as long as you did.

But I think we all saw evidence last season of your improvement, so it's only a matter of time before you start to regularly challenge us.

As for your question on the livery editor. Most of the decals I use are from other players

Last edited:
Lol a few? It's very clunky! The colour palette is kinda clunky. I couldn't match the colour for some things with editor, so I create colour tiles with inkscape , save them and upload them, then paste them as a decal and resize to suite.
You're lucky. I can't get any of the images I want to use down to the size and format required for them to work in game.

You're lucky. I can't get any of the images I want to use down to the size and format required for them to work in game.
The 15k limit is very limiting. For some of the decals I've had to spend time removing excess data points and even then things still too large. Then you have to set up a multi-file decal and leave the odd line or curve in two of them so you can register the layers. The decal for my avatar is like that. Many anime decals are also like that which is why I was able to garner a collection of body parts for my creepy manga bomb liveries. I have a few vehicles where the livery is plastered with eyes.

@Kuraudo you had a good race. I was surprised you were able to stay with me and @paoloevans as long as you did.

But I think we all saw evidence last season of your improvement, so it's only a matter of time before you start to regularly challenge us.

As for your question on the livery editor. Most of the decals I use are from other players
This was my lucky track :) . The rest of the season won't be this close.
Any Autopolis time so far? Tricky little track. A few blind corners :S .

Oh, and almost forgot it XD . I have to put this here again :D !

3rd.jpg

Last edited:
Back