2020 24 Hours of Le Mans Postponed Until September

I expect it will end up cancelled. Maybe the plague will have calmed down by then, but the economic recession will probably be massive.

I appreciate them moving the date backwards, but perhaps even a three month delay is ambitious? Thankfully my tickets are still valid, and can transfer my ferry. Wouldn't be surprised if there's another delay on top of this.

Public health is the top priority. I would prefer to go, when the virus is contained and holding big events like this is no longer risky.

Last edited:
All these reschedule dates are concertinaing into a very short period before the weather starts to decline in the Northern Hemisphere.

Logistically that sounds like a nightmare to me.

Plus having people jet setting all over the place every weekend sounds like a bad idea to me, unless "you know what" has been fully dealt with beforehand.

I think any date that isn't 2021 is just a placeholder right now, anyway.

Looking on the bright side, when sporting events do restart, we're going to be spoilt for choice!

The only way we'll get to any racing events this year is if we give up on isolation and let the disease kill 90 million people.

I'll sit at home and watch eSports for the next 18 months, thanks.

September is optimistic. Expect full cancellation to only be a matter of time. Even if the pandemic isn't a barrier by then I doubt the economy will be, and the pandemic is probably going to carry on well past September.

September is optimistic. Expect full cancellation to only be a matter of time. Even if the pandemic isn't a barrier by then I doubt the economy will be, and the pandemic is probably going to carry on well past September.
The pandemic carrying on well past September is very unlikely.

Back