Endurance Racing Discussion Thread - WEC, ELMS etcSports Cars 

• Thread starter Kowhai
  • 825 comments
Toyota started testing the 2019 spec HDF at Aragon during the week.

As you can see the 2019 front end, elements of which were in the design process back in 2017, sees substantial changes. The wing mirrors are now integrated into the bodywork while the flow through concept is taken to the next level with a more open nose and complicated exit aero detailing.

IMG_20190119_083658.jpg
IMG_20190119_083655.jpg
IMG_20190119_083702.jpg

They're going to be using this at Silverstone late in the summer most likely. The 'super season' ends at this year's Le Mans. So the only place that the current H-D car has left is Sebring. Spa they can use the LM kit like in 2018, so it makes sense to develop the 2019/2020 hd package and test it out now in preparation for the races after LM. Which will be the new season, so they can run a new aero kit(s).

The Asian Le Mans Series teams are gon’ melt. Hopefully The Bend has more shade around by then.

Yeah, they couldn't have picked a worse time of year. :crazy:

Great to see that they are going to be using the full layout though.

I'm surprised Toyota is still heavily updating the TS050, considering hypercar regs are around the corner. Maybe they think the EoT will actually hit them hard?

It’ll be pretty incredible if it stays like this for the race. It’d be interesting to see what it’s like if a race goes off the circuit. Would it glide off through the snow at speed? Or would the snow be heavy enough for the car to plow through and slow down?

It’ll be pretty incredible if it stays like this for the race. It’d be interesting to see what it’s like if a race goes off the circuit. Would it glide off through the snow at speed? Or would the snow be heavy enough for the car to plow through and slow down?

The track was already clear this morning. It will be a very interesting race, though.
I live about 45 minutes from the track, and the weather will be very unpredictable throughout the entire day: shifts between sun, rain, hail and thunderstorms.

Last time I seen it snowing at a track like this was 2018 pre season f1 testing. And the McLaren was still burning holes through the engine cover in those conditions.

I'm watching the race and I'm a bit jealous by the whether. Not for racing of course, but while they have 3c air temperature it's 42 here couple of hours ago :crazy:

Back