Endurance Racing Discussion Thread - WEC, ELMS etcSports Cars 

• Thread starter Kowhai
  • 825 comments
Sebring is such a great track....it eats cars alive, bringing far more of the "endurance" aspect to the race which is lost on some circuits. Love it.

PS: The "Project One" is neat, but they'd have to do some miraculous stuff for those to outstrip LMP2 cars and those are pretty successful at the moment it seems (and pretty high performance). It's a neat concept though. I would love to see a spec of GT car which is purposefully higher than GTE.

Lol, I could have just asked why are Gazoo's colors black, white, and red. Toyota has some great classic liveries and I'm not saying to copy them but use the colors they used.

Toyota-GT86-classic-liveries-0.jpg

There are these to take inspiration from, but mainly just this one

gt-86-retro-3-626x382.jpg

It would be cool to see other colors for once, between all three teams actually.

Lol, I could have just asked why are Gazoo's colors black, white, and red. Toyota has some great classic liveries and I'm not saying to copy them but use the colors they used.

I'd be down for a white/red/orange/yellow scheme. But in fairness, Toyota GT1 and LMP cars from around the 2000s were red and white. Edit: And I'm pretty sure the last time they were in F1, as well.
Sponsors also play a large part, of course. Mobil 1 might not be too thrilled if the new car turns out to be white with a green and red swoopy design.

Last edited:
Toyota-GT86-classic-liveries-0.jpg

There are these to take inspiration from, but mainly just this one

gt-86-retro-3-626x382.jpg

It would be cool to see other colors for once, between all three teams actually.
Those are all liveries of TEAMS that raced Toyota's. Toyota's LMP1 team is run by Gazoo, and therefor they're running Gazoo's colors.

Gazoo is Toyota. Gazoo Racing is basically their grassroots terminology for Toyota's motorsports. The WRC team uses the same terminology. I think the livery is better this year, it's more striking. Especially so in motion-

Many of those 36 are GTE's. No bad thing.... As long as the TV director isn't busy showing an LMP1 on it's own miles in the lead.

If there is one miles ahead. There's 10 of them, so there's bound to be a battle in the class regardless of what you feel about Toyota's speed vs the others, which is still an unknown right now anyway.

That doesn’t change the fact TV directors tend to have issues with multi class racing. If you watched Bathurst you’ll know what I’m talking about.

If there is one miles ahead. There's 10 of them, so there's bound to be a battle in the class regardless of what you feel about Toyota's speed vs the others, which is still an unknown right now anyway.

Le Mans Test Day should be the most interesting one yet.

I however believe the TS050 still has plenty of pace in it even if ACO took away energy allotment. The privateers I feel are the ones who have to balance outright speed or reliability. Ever since Porsche left all Toyota focused on was reliability, Alonso, and how to make fans hate a livery.

Oh and people are not taking the Fuji date in a happy way.

Last edited:
Will the Toyotas break down at Le Mans? Yes or no?

Also I hope that the GTE BoP is on point... after Daytona (assuming that the BoP between IMSA GTLM and WEC GTE is the same), I'm not looking that optimistic...

The BoP of that race was on point barring the BMW M8. The Ford's are just better suited to long straights. Can't BoP basic phyics easily.

I think the Ferrari had the fastest lap or Corvette. But the Fords were able to do fast laps for more laps that separated them from the herd while at the same time be kinder to its tires.

Back