2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Interested to know what people think of the Manufacturer they have chosen (if a first time trying it)? Will you sign for them again? I've loved driving for Jag, especially the Gr.3. Seems to match my driving style perfectly. Will i sign for them again? Don't know. I usually like to try something new each time, but running out of options that i can be competitive in :lol:. Least enjoyable Manufacturer i've driven is BMW (with the M6). Really don't like the M4.

Don't think i'll be risking the Nurburgring so leaves just one more race for me.

With Peugeot and won’t pick them again. The cars are alright. GR.3 RCZ is stable enough but hates kerbs, the GR.4 is quick, but I’m just not enjoying the FF’ing! Want to go back to Dodge but everyone is with Dodge now. Liked it when they were a bit of a secret weapon!

All the manufacturers are a lottery. I used all but the Citroens and Peugeots, I just can't bring myself to choose them.

For what it's worth, I'd say the Gr.3&Gr.4 RC Fs, are the most comfortable cars to use all the time. The V8 power doesn't struggle, the cars are stable. If someone is looking to have good results(probably not wins, but remaining competitive), without thinking about the car itself, I recommend the brand.

I need to use Lexus more. First online I ever did above n100 was gr4 Lexus. I ran ASM TCS 3 lol. ASM was allowed.
Good cars.
It’s funny how ‘trendy’ the different manus get at different times and races.
We need a C8 gr3 Vette

Last edited:
I’m not sure how relevant this chart is still, but it’s the latest one I’ve seen floating around. It will help to give you an idea of how the point system works.
View attachment 982761

Once your into a race lobby, during warmup, click on the little Wreath icon at the bottom of the screen, and it will show you the points total for each finishing position in that race. :)

View attachment 982762
View attachment 982763
Thanks. So points can change even though both races are all D's and S's?

Yes, I theory, depending on the average of the room. If it’s all upper end D’s, the room will be worth more points wise, than one filled with all barely D’s. 👍
Well, D is as low as you can go - E only exists for your first five races :D

A room full of zero-point Ds would score no points for every position :lol:

I’ve only run 2 races, but chose BMW for the first time because the M4 is amazing. The m6 is waaaay better than most think and waaaay underused in dailies too.
Honestly imo the m4 is one of the best driving cars in game. The M6 is also very very strong. The larger degree of steering rotation really helps with the cars large amount of torque. It’s very competitive.
I had planned to run Interlagos but missed out. I think m4 might have been a bit thirsty for that fuel race anyways.
Both of the cars respond amazingly well using wheel. A true joy to drive.
I agree about the Mercedes gr4 I used to do well in it a year or so ago, but lately it seems slow.
Very good points here about both the M4 and M6. I signed with them for the official season last year after leaving Toyota, which suffers similarly to the M6 with corner exits because of wheel spin. Created a necessity to become very skilled at throttle control which I don't think I would've gained otherwise.

M6:
+ Massive low-end torque from the turbos. Gotta catch it and upshift before it breaks loose or else you'll be spinning through 6th.
+ Quite good on fuel and responds to short shifting well without losing much time.
+ Extremely stable. You can use the gearing to assist with cornering without having to worry about the wheels locking up.
+ Very balanced tire wear for an FR car.
- Falls over at the top end once you get beyond 155mph.

Best race in the M6

M4:
+ Basically a flat torque curve from ~3k rpm to redline.
+ Is god-tier at shortshifting because of the torque curve. Basically no time lost.
- Thirstier than a camel in the Sahara. Seriously, it has the worst fuel economy in Gr.4. The only somewhat saving grace is its ability to short-shift.
* This made Interlagos a near-impossible no-stop. It could be done, but the pace would be multiple seconds slower towards the end.
- An absolute pig since the June 2020 update added extra weight. (Why PD, whyyyy)
- Rear end gets light under braking so you have to be careful when downshifting.

Best race in the M4

Both of them have a very special place in my racing heart :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Adding Friends
When a player accepts your Friend request, that player becomes your Friend. After you become Friends, you can view things like that Friend's PlayStation™Network sign-in status and the game that Friend is playing. Your Friends follow you, and you follow them, automatically. Their activities and broadcasts appear under [What's New] and other areas.

Sending a Friend request
Select
icon_friends.png
(Friends) from the function screen.
Select the player that you want to add as your Friend.
You can search by online ID, [Players Met], or in other ways.
Select
icon_add_player.png
(Add to Friends) next to the player that you want to add as your Friend.
Requesting a Friend’s real name
When sending a Friend request, select the checkbox in [Send Close Friend Request] to request the player’s real name.
To request the real name of a player who is already your Friend, select
icon_more.png
(Options) > [Send Real-Name Request] on your Friend's profile screen.
After the real-name request is accepted, you can see each other’s real names and profile pictures.

• You can also follow players without sending a Friend request. Select
    icon_Follow.png
    (Follow) on the profile screen of the player that you want to follow.
  • To cancel a Friend request or real-name request, select [Friend Requests], highlight the player whose request you want to cancel, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Cancel Friend Request] or [Cancel Real-Name Request].
  • Child accounts cannot be used to send or receive real-name requests.
  • A real name is the name that is registered with your account. You can view your real name and profile picture in
    icon_settings.png
    (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Profile].
Accepting a Friend request or real-name request
Select
icon_friends.png
Select [Friend Requests].
Select [Accept] next to the player whose request you want to accept.
When you select the player, that player’s profile appears.
  • To reject a Friend request or real-name request, highlight the player whose request you want to reject, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Delete Friend Request] or [Delete Real-Name Request].
  • Privacy settings let you limit the players from whom you can receive Friend requests. You can also hide your real name from other players’ search results. For details, see "Privacy Settings".
  • To report inappropriate comments, press the OPTIONS button on the player's profile screen, and then select [Report].
Unfollowing a player
Select
icon_friends.png
Select [Follow].
Select
icon_Unfollow.png
(Unfollow) next to the player you want to stop following.
Blocking a player
If you block another player, messages from the blocked player no longer appear, and some other functions become limited. On the profile screen of the player you want to block, select
icon_more.png
(Options) > [Block].

Unblocking a player
Select
icon_friends.png
Press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Blocked Players].
Highlight the player to unblock, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Unblock].
You can also block players by pressing the OPTIONS button on the Messages screen or Community screen.

Removing from Friends
Think he meant that you have your privacy settings set to not accepting friend requests ;) I just tried myself :lol:

Manufacturers Rd 6

I'm a bit late to post results but I've been having trouble with the sites ads lately :confused:

Ran the first slot and planned on trying the 4 stop after qualifying 4th and was running a good race up until lap 17 where I binned it on the final corner coming to a dead stop. The Ford had pace so I went again.

Second slot ended up putting the GT on pole with 1:29.2xx no slipstream qualifying and had a really awesome race with Ninjabar where we looked to finish 1-2 but the Porsche whom ran Mediums in his middle stint ended up catching us on the final lap to put me down into 2nd place when we came in for final stop... fun battling with Ninjabar though he was never more than few tenths from my bumper great clean racing.

Finished 2nd for 255 points :cheers:

Realistically have a shot at Top 16 for both Manufacturers and Nations race to end the season, can't ask for much more! It looks official though after three seasons with Ford I think I've got #1 spot locked up with over 200+ point lead over 2nd with two to go!

It's great racing with teammates as well @Pigems, @Winnie847, @GTWolverine, @kevinddr .... TPC looking strong with 1/4 of the grid :cheers:

Last edited:
Welcome Critterchum :gtpflag:

Everyone has given you some great advice. Hopefully you'll be grabbing lots of points sooner rather than later. Also fair play completing a Gardens race no stopping on softs. That would be like a fairground ride at the end the car would want to slide so much.

I started FIA at Fuji last season. I went for Aston as it is British of course. Got a win straight off the bat in a very low lobby.
The cars were good and I always qualified well. Racewise they were good but I always found they could be inconsitent with understeer. (Though that is probably more down to me.:boggled:) But they were very capable.

This time I went through a longwinded randomiser process to chose my manufacturer.
Ended up with BMW.

The M4 is good but I just cannot get the best out of it.

The M6 is a very good car. My best results have all come in the Gr3 races. I was able to break free at the front at Monza due to everyone else battling each other. This allowed me to drive at 90% and still gap or even pull away a little bit. One other driver managed to break away and catch me. They were obviously faster and I let them past at no cost to me for an easy 2nd place. Most comfortable race I've ever had.
I could have won going flat out but I would have likely needed my bucket and spade in the boot as I would have binned it at Ascari or got a penalty at the Della Roggia.

Very pleased overall with BMW.

Think he meant that you have your privacy settings set to not accepting friend requests ;) I just tried myself :lol:

Odd, had several requests in the past?
anyway, willl check and change that. (and find out why and how:boggled:)

Edit: checked and think it is okay now. I also sent a request out.
Had not received any invites and requests for a while, now i know why. .... (or maybe just nobody likes me:ouch:)

Last edited:
Both of them have a very special place in my racing heart :embarrassed:

The M6 is a very good car.

(Shhhh) Try em with abs weak.

Re gr3 wheelspin, yep, but I’m using tcs so that’s largely negated.
Both these cars have really really nice touch of oversteer on throttle with tcs.
You can tighten the arc.
I looove me some m4 when you trail brake it perfect.
BMW are good cars :). Nice examples of success shown above.

Yes what I meant, accepted request, thanks

Welcome Critterchum :gtpflag:

Everyone has given you some great advice. Hopefully you'll be grabbing lots of points sooner rather than later. Also fair play completing a Gardens race no stopping on softs. That would be like a fairground ride at the end the car would want to slide so much.

I started FIA at Fuji last season. I went for Aston as it is British of course. Got a win straight off the bat in a very low lobby.
The cars were good and I always qualified well. Racewise they were good but I always found they could be inconsitent with understeer. (Though that is probably more down to me.:boggled:) But they were very capable.

This time I went through a longwinded randomiser process to chose my manufacturer.
Ended up with BMW.

The M6 is a very good car. My best results have all come in the Gr3 races. I was able to break free at the front at Monza due to everyone else battling each other. This allowed me to drive at 90% and still gap or even pull away a little bit. One other driver managed to break away and catch me. They were obviously faster and I let them past at no cost to me for an easy 2nd place. Most comfortable race I've ever had.
I could have won going flat out but I would have likely needed my bucket and spade in the boot as I would have binned it at Ascari or got a penalty at the Della Roggia.

Very pleased overall with BMW.
Thanks, yes was a bit difficult towards the end, lol. Enjoying myself so far, feeling there's a lot to learn and a long way to go. Should have done it ages ago! Btw I am driving Aston, but not sure I made correct decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, yes was a bit difficult towards the end, lol. Enjoying myself so far, feeling there's a lot to learn and a long way to go. Should have done it ages ago! Btw I am driving Aston, but not sure I made correct decision.
If you're comfortable with the car then it's the correct decision, that's the most important criteria as you begin to work your way up the ranks

To just reiterate what Ash said - when you're starting out, your comfort level with the car is by far the most important element in that decision. Focus on learning the racing line, braking and turning markers then worry about learning different cars. Right now, your comfort level with the car is going to be the biggest factor in your overall speed and level of fun.

Last edited:
I was messing around in the Mini GrX last night. Lap 6 on softs is like ice skating. Although, I think you have more grip on ice.

Ever gone down a muddy hill in a Jeep and tried to dodge a tree while the brakes are locked up? That's what the chicane of death felt like at120 mph. You just turn the wheel, let the tires roll, and pray there is grip. This is going to be a fun race. :D

Last edited:
So just done a test in the mini for tomorrows nations cup race. I presume I will have to pit and change tyres and get fuel. Are there more than one set of softs ? I like the car though, off the pace at the moment with a 1.49!

Yes. The game will give you tire choices when you pit and let you know what tires are available and/or required (as some races will require multiple compounds over the race) in the menu pre-race.

For the Mini, from what I’ve seen mentioned, you will have to pit at least once. And some are able to go without taking fuel. But honestly, that is the tippy top of the competition doing that. I’d argue that you go your normal race speed and put for softs (stay on softs) and fuel, and you’ll be okay.

Update: OPT time is under the 7 minute mark at the Ring, but personal best is a 7:04.0. The section post Karussell to the straight is still my point of issue. Getting consistent there has been a struggle (which is odd given the corners are fairly identical). Still will give the FF the advantage in terms of lap time, but I’d like to see how they go on lap 2 with tire wear, as the McLaren has little wear and only a few spots where I’m seeing a difference due to said wear.

Last edited:
So just done a test in the mini for tomorrows nations cup race. I presume I will have to pit and change tyres and get fuel. Are there more than one set of softs ? I like the car though, off the pace at the moment with a 1.49!
They don't put limits on how many sets of each tyre you can take in FIA races, so don't worry about that. You can pit for Softs as many times as you feel you need to. As long as you use each mandatory compound (where applicable) for at least 1 lap you can come up with whatever pit strategy you see fit.

It's not uncommon to see people using Mediums/Hards for a single lap to meet requirements and doing multiple Soft stints when races have the full set of tyres as options with the harder compounds as mandatory.

Since tomorrow doesn't have any requirements, I'll personally be starting on the Softs for 6 laps before pitting for new Softs (and taking on extra fuel if necessary) and then running to the end.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, long time, no post. I hope you all have had a safe and good holiday season! School got extremely busy and other life stuff (and other video games) have pulled me away from GT Sport, but even with the end of this FIA Exhibition Season, I think I'll give the last races a go just to ease myself back into it since I haven't raced online since October.

Aaaaaaand of course the upcoming Nations race seems to be one no one particularly likes lol, not that I blame anyone since after doing some practice laps, the Mini VGT really likes to understeer, and this tire wear really kills the front tires. For me, by the 5th lap on a stint on Softs, the tires are teetering on death, and on the 6th lap they're dead. For me, free-run practice last night netted a 6S/7S strategy to be the fastest while a 4S/4S/4S came in second. I seem to be losing too much time on Mediums for them to be worth it, and the two-stops will be more risky due to traffic. I'm thinking I'll only do the two-stop if either something goes catastrophically wrong for me during the race or if I'm matched with a ton of much-faster people.

Also, I'm not going to run the Nurburgring Manufacturer race, so anyone have a suggestion for the Gr. 3 race at Maggiore for Round 8? I haven't chosen a manufacturer yet, so I was curious what car would be best to test.

Hello everyone, long time, no post. I hope you all have had a safe and good holiday season! School got extremely busy and other life stuff (and other video games) have pulled me away from GT Sport, but even with the end of this FIA Exhibition Season, I think I'll give the last races a go just to ease myself back into it since I haven't raced online since October.

Aaaaaaand of course the upcoming Nations race seems to be one no one particularly likes lol, not that I blame anyone since after doing some practice laps, the Mini VGT really likes to understeer, and this tire wear really kills the front tires. For me, by the 5th lap on a stint on Softs, the tires are teetering on death, and on the 6th lap they're dead. For me, free-run practice last night netted a 6S/7S strategy to be the fastest while a 4S/4S/4S came in second. I seem to be losing too much time on Mediums for them to be worth it, and the two-stops will be more risky due to traffic. I'm thinking I'll only do the two-stop if either something goes catastrophically wrong for me during the race or if I'm matched with a ton of much-faster people.

Also, I'm not going to run the Nurburgring Manufacturer race, so anyone have a suggestion for the Gr. 3 race at Maggiore for Round 8? I haven't chosen a manufacturer yet, so I was curious what car would be best to test.

Go Porsche because of the track. Though the Viper has been strong this season. It’s the short Center course, so outside of karts, I’ve never driven this circuit in a car.

I was messing around in the Mini GrX last night. Lap 6 on softs is like ice skating. Although, I think you have more grip on ice.

Ever gone down a muddy hill in a Jeep and tried to dodge a tree while the brakes are locked up? That's what the chicane of death felt like at120 mph. You just turn the wheel, let the tires roll, and pray there is grip. This is going to be a fun race. :D

I'm taking the strategy of lifting and hoping the guy behind me isn't trying to go flat out. It could get ugly.

My take with the practice races I've done so far is that the strategy is going to be largely dependent on the lobby. The one-stop is the fastest, in theory, but that largely depends on being able to race clean. Like you said, the tires start to die of death by L5 and it doesn't take much to take the driver along with them on L6-7.

I have a feeling that I'm going to have to pull a 2-stopper just based on how little I trust other people to not send me to the shadow realm.

Last edited:
Interested to know what people think of the Manufacturer they have chosen (if a first time trying it)? Will you sign for them again?.
Complete 50/50 for me, have really enjoyed driving the GT3 Merc. Easy to drive, good speed and handling is fine once you get the knack.
The Gr.4 SLS is terrible for me though, has been a struggle in every race. Going to give it one last go in the Nords race.

Overall I think I will try another manufacturer in the next pre season.

Do we normally get 1 or 2 ‘pre season’ series?

At the moment I will probably go back to Mazda for the proper season

Did you have to weave between 2 trees, while deliberately aiming for the first tree because by the time the Jeep actually starts to steer you'd have hit the 2nd tree if you'd waited to start steering by the time you were safely alongside the first tree? :lol:

Alternatively, this is gonna be like if the Titanic had to thread the needle between 2 icebergs.

One and done. Started at the pointy end. Survived T1 and short shifted with the car that finished behind me. A couple players being too speedy, were losing grip before pit stops. Everyone up to P8 pit Lap 7 or 8. I went one lap more. Set Fuel 2, for my out lap on RS. Dropped a couple spots, but made those back up. Caught my original battle pack.

Start

Finish

Latest Posts

Back