2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Is there a list of cars that's states best brake bias and traction control etc. Also what would you spend a million credits on when first starting out?

Plus due to a lot of people trying to put me in the wall I have gone from Sr s rating to a c within a couple of days, doesn't seem fair!

Is there a list of cars that's states best brake bias and traction control etc. Also what would you spend a million credits on when first starting out?

Plus due to a lot of people trying to put me in the wall I have gone from Sr s rating to a c within a couple of days, doesn't seem fair!

I would learn to drive TC0 if I were you. Some people here might say otherwise, but all the top drivers don't use TC. Best to learn early so you don't develop bad habits.

Brake bias, if you're a beginner honestly just leave at something you're comfortable with. The gains are only a few tenths unless it's a massive tyre saving race. When I first started out, I drove 1 lap each with each BB settings (so 11 laps total for -5 to +5). You also learn the car and track at the same time as practicing. General guideline is for FF/4WD you go rearward (+), while for MR you go forward (-). FR can go both ways depending on track and driving style.

The credits is up to you :) Some people only buy cars needed for FIA races. I also like driving just for fun so I have all cars in the game. If you need money Premium Lounge Blue Moon Bay race in GT League with detuned N300 KTM Xbow will give you 375000 credits in ~12 mins. Search for the credit grinding thread here, lots of people have posted setups that make it easy to win.

If you need to repair SR, just drive around at the back in a daily race. The game matchmaking goes by SR first then DR, so if you're anything other than SR 99 I can tell you're going to have a very bad time! It's tough in lower ranked lobbies because people just naturally make more mistakes. So until you improve your DR to get to A/B you just gotta deal with it. Having said that, even at top split people still drive dirty sometimes, they are just more discreet about it. It is what it is. If you keep racing clean, people will notice and also respect you back 👍

All of them? I don't know, but would guess that some top controller players use TC on some cars, fine if you have pedals but it's much harder to control throttle with your finger.
It's not harder, just harder to RESIST pulling the trigger all the way back. ;)

I think what helped me be easy with the trigger, is having watched years of V8 Supercars. Big power, no TCS and narrow less grippy tyres. Those drivers stay smooth on the gas. Watching videos and listening to how smooo the engine revs sound on upshifts, I developed an ear to work with the trigger.
I ain't perfect, so when things do get heated, that goes out the window. :lol: For the most part, I stay smooth with the throttle.

All of them? I don't know, but would guess that some top controller players use TC on some cars, fine if you have pedals but it's much harder to control throttle with your finger.

There's a really fast Japanese pad player by the name of sirvia. You know he's on pad because his steering is not smooth. He regularly gets top spots in daily race leaderboards and I never saw him using TC. So yes, it's possible but definitely harder if you're on a pad.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1617833

That comment is more because of the ongoing discussion in the "Getting quicker" thread. A member here insists that TC3 is the fastest way, even though I have never seen a top player use it, except in standing starts. Anyway, don't wanna trigger him in this thread too so I'll stop talking :P

I'm definitely skipping qualy. I'll have a bite to eat. Wish we could spectate. :sly:
ErRMFruVEAA4i0W.jpeg

Edit: Got bored waiting. The player that qualified ahead of me, left the race.
ErRQ8GgVEAUk-St.jpeg

Edit2: Oh, Was there a "race"? I said it's basically a Daily Race. Everyone were nice. So, please take ity easy. There's really nothing to gain trying go side by side anywhere but the final straight. I'll watch the replay.
ErRVL0vVcAI2erU

ErRVZ60VcAI6lxR

Last edited:
Qualified 6th after picking up a half second penalty in qualifying. Felt like an eternity carrying it down the straight. Moved up three places on lap one and finished 3rd place in second split after a tense battle with @LeGeNd-1.

One and done for me.

Capture-gtsportjan.PNG

I am a controller user and I never use more than TCS 2 on any car. And I struggle a lot with Group 3 and Group 2.

Last edited:
Last weeks Dailies paid off nicely tonight.

Qualified 8th in a strong field. Got caught behind a pack of drivers on the opening lap where one decided that banging doors was the way to go. Managed to avoid getting caught up in their argument but lost a position to the other M4 in the process.

Ended the race in 6th after taking the other M4 when they spun out at Schwalbenschwanz on Lap 1 and then the aggressive Porsche when he spun out at Karussell on Lap 2.

Good race ShiftingGears 👍 I let him by at Schwedenkreuz on lap 1 to save my TT's tyres. Put pressure on him (the gap between us stayed between 1-1.5 seconds the whole race) but he kept his cool. Well deserved podium :cool: Got 3x 200 points and 1x 180 point so I think that's my season done. Last race is gonna be Maggiore roulette so I'll just go nuts with nothing to lose :lol:

Very annoying though, that the winner is normally a top split frontrunner who tanked his DR just for this race. Of course easy pole and win. The second place guy did well to keep up with him the whole race, but I think the slipstream and better tyre life helped as well (Viper vs Subaru). I don't get the point of taking cheap shots at lesser skilled drivers if you're already that fast (and it's not even official season). Sadly this will continue to happen until PD changes the points system to make top split have the highest possible points for all positions. It is what it is.

DR.png

Good luck everyone. I always say, at Nurburgring the number one enemy is the track. Just focus on yourself, keep it on the black stuff and enjoy the driving. The results will follow naturally 👍

Last edited:
I am a controller user and I never use more than TCS 2 on any car. And I struggle a lot with Group 3 and Group 2.

Not that it's comparable due to skill level, but I never use more than TCS 2 either, don't find any issues with GR3 though.

Right going for 2nd slot, got the Evo on this one so should be OK apart from the straight and maybe the hill. OK a low split especially since I usually get As, mostly Ds with me and 4 other Cs so no points or is that just no point. Will run anyway just for fun,
So did quali crossed the line Q2, finished Q4. 7 of us within 5 secs the rest are probably much slower, maybe one or two just mucked up. Everyone tried but two didn't get round in time, did see one guy really struggling, he'd spun and couldn't get back on track due to TCS 0 I would say.
So race was boring till last 1/3 of last lap.So 1st is enough ahead to be clear, 5-6 secs and 4 of us close but so far clean until I get bumped into 5th and no pen then at the pen marker, bumper gets into 2nd and due to a really good 0.5 sec pen I'd made one of them get I managed to draft into 3rd. Job done game over....well it should have been, I braked as late as possible but nothing beats a lets slam into the guy fro 2 secs back. So I ended up 5th, one of the 2 who hit me got 1sec. The penalties in Brazil this week have been stupidly high, yet FIA basically turns them off.

PD needs to do something.

Decided to go again, quali cross Q6 finish Q8, but in a much tougher lobby. 17th is the same points as I got for 5th last go, so a finish should improve my points. I whacked a wall in quali and no pen, so I'd say they have been turned down loads, even last week that was a pen here. Not good as if I can notice this, the guys who like to play on the dodgy side will pick up quick and I'd expect the last few euro races to be bumper cars.
Another boring race, better than the last though. 7th spun off early and 6th spun off really late, he was slow though and had held me up most of the game so he did well not to fold under all that pressure till then. So got 6th and more than doubled my points.

Last edited:
I would learn to drive TC0 if I were you. Some people here might say otherwise, but all the top drivers don't use TC. Best to learn early so you don't develop bad habits.

Brake bias, if you're a beginner honestly just leave at something you're comfortable with. The gains are only a few tenths unless it's a massive tyre saving race. When I first started out, I drove 1 lap each with each BB settings (so 11 laps total for -5 to +5). You also learn the car and track at the same time as practicing. General guideline is for FF/4WD you go rearward (+), while for MR you go forward (-). FR can go both ways depending on track and driving style.

The credits is up to you :) Some people only buy cars needed for FIA races. I also like driving just for fun so I have all cars in the game. If you need money Premium Lounge Blue Moon Bay race in GT League with detuned N300 KTM Xbow will give you 375000 credits in ~12 mins. Search for the credit grinding thread here, lots of people have posted setups that make it easy to win.

If you need to repair SR, just drive around at the back in a daily race. The game matchmaking goes by SR first then DR, so if you're anything other than SR 99 I can tell you're going to have a very bad time! It's tough in lower ranked lobbies because people just naturally make more mistakes. So until you improve your DR to get to A/B you just gotta deal with it. Having said that, even at top split people still drive dirty sometimes, they are just more discreet about it. It is what it is. If you keep racing clean, people will notice and also respect you back 👍
Thanks full all the info. Just to confirm I have a G29 setup, still recommend no tc, unless I have a standing start?

Thanks full all the info. Just to confirm I have a G29 setup, still recommend no tc, unless I have a standing start?
You have a wheel, so I'd say you should really try not to use TCS. If you really struggle especially with the faster cars then there's no point in ruining your fun while your learning. No TCS is faster, but spinning off because you can't do it is worse that using it.

There's a really fast Japanese pad player by the name of sirvia. You know he's on pad because his steering is not smooth. He regularly gets top spots in daily race leaderboards and I never saw him using TC. So yes, it's possible but definitely harder if you're on a pad.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1617833

That comment is more because of the ongoing discussion in the "Getting quicker" thread. A member here insists that TC3 is the fastest way, even though I have never seen a top player use it, except in standing starts. Anyway, don't wanna trigger him in this thread too so I'll stop talking :P
But he doesn't say it's the fastest way. He is saying it's the fastest way for him. Big difference.
I think you both read each others post with a negative narration.

You have a wheel, so I'd say you should really try not to use TCS. If you really struggle especially with the faster cars then there's no point in ruining your fun while your learning. No TCS is faster, but spinning off because you can't do it is worse that using it.
+1 for this. I was using TCS for ages as I was scared I couldn't run without it. Having tried it on the F1 games and a mere hint of throttle sent me to the barriers I thought Gt was the same. When watching one of Super GT's videos I paid a bit of attention to his pedal inputs and thought if he could go full throttle that early then I could do so too. So what I did was take a load of FR and MR cars to Myabi. Start with lower power cars and work up to more powerful cars. You'll soon discover that so long as you have a modicum of control over your foot you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Yep, as others have mentioned, having a wheel will help you greatly in controlling the throttle. A good way to practice (and this is something I used to do as well) is take a low powered FR car (e.g. Miata or GT86) to Tsukuba, slap Comfort Hard tyres and just drive. The track has lots of low speed corners where you need to accelerate out gently while unwinding the wheel, so it's good training. Once you feel comfortable, go to a slightly faster car (e.g. RX7) and so on.

The only aids that makes you faster in this game is ABS, because the brake lockup threshold is way to low. Oddly this was much better simulated in GT5/6. You'll see people saying real GT3 cars use TC, and that's true, but the way TC is modelled in this game isn't very good so it just slows you down. Assetto Competizione for example, models TC accurately so it does help performance there.

Some general tips: completing all the license tests, driving missions and circuit experience will also help. It feels like mundane stuff at first but basics are important. Once you do that, just race for a bit in arcade mode or GT League, to get used to a wide variety of cars and tracks. Then if you're ready to race against real people, race in dailies. Jumping straight into FIA can be quite tough because it's the toughest mode with long races, strategy and people generally practice hard for these events. It's the endgame, if you will.

If you take the time to practice offline first, you'll be much better in the online races and your DR will go up quickly. You'll start to see better quality races in higher lobbies and you won't be as frustrated getting crashed into every race :)

But he doesn't say it's the fastest way. He is saying it's the fastest way for him. Big difference.
I think you both read each others post with a negative narration.

Sigh, we're not doing this here. I always try to see the positive side to every situation (or at least neutral). What he says is, because a certain driving instructor recommends TC, he uses it and everyone who doesn't use it will just crash and burn. Then I said none of the top drivers use it, and he said he regularly won top split races and sets WR time trials with it. Until I called him out and his KP page basically shows he's only slightly faster than me. It's a classic internet forum circular argument because the losing side always avoids the hard questions and just obfuscates the truth with poorly thought out claims.

But you're in the same team as him, so I understand the defence ;) Doesn't matter if you're right or wrong these days, it's all about having the most supporters/subscribers etc.

Last edited:
The only aids that makes you faster in this game is ABS, because the brake lockup threshold is way to low. Oddly this was much better simulated in GT5/6. You'll see people saying real GT3 cars use TC, and that's true, but the way TC is modelled in this game isn't very good so it just slows you down. Assetto Competizione for example, models TC accurately so it does help performance there.

Whilst watching the Porsche Carrera CUP GB this season they mentioned that those cars have TCS, but the drivers don't really use it. Perhaps a low setting when it's wet but that's it. So yeah if GT cars have it most real world drivers probably have it off.

Dreams do come true.

Ever since I finished NFS Porsche Unleashed and its Factory Driver mode 20 years ago, I dreamed of someday representing for Porsche in a online event and win a race for Porsche. GT Sport has given me that opportunity for me to fulfill that dream and 20 years later, I have finally done it. I have won a race for my all time favorite manufacturer known as Porsche. The Manufacturer Series served as an extension for Factory Driver where in my lore, I was called up by Porsche to represent their manufacturer and here we are.

Also managed to get pole position for the first time in a FIA race although I'm in a low DR grid (probably my SR being the culprit) but still I'll take the pole position and the win.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210109172243.png

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210109174533.png

I’m not doing the Green Hell today. I kept flying off the track in the practice race yesterday, so I spent today learning to use my brand new G29 in Driving School.

So instead, here the clip of the certified genius that started the Mini race in reverse:

The silver car ahead is the Malaysian that jump-started and I also included the first chicane incident.

I think that will be hotfixed this week, the same thing happened at Spa at a Daily Race (?) last year when the penalty zone was at Raidillon for some reason.

Tonight's race was fun to drive, but would have preferred if it was a Gr3 race to be honest.

Gr.3 at Nordschleife is a fun combo, but todays races were a good change of pace.

Off to a fantastic start... qualified 10th in the 14:00 alongside @Hasnain282 then got booted out of the lobby menu while checking the available points scores. No disconnection notice... the menu disappeared and the background froze as soon as the race start chime played. Before long I was back at the Race Entry screen. :irked:

Witnessed a couple of altercations involving a Scirocco and an F-Type, but thankfully didn't make any mistakes of my own other than going too deep at the first corner. Set BB all the way to +5 on my out lap to preserve tyres then -2 for the flier as I felt it gave the Mustang enough bite.

15:20 or 16:40 will be the next slots I attempt.

Last edited:
Off to a fantastic start... qualified 10th in the 14:00 alongside @Hasnain282 then got booted out of the lobby menu while checking the available points scores. No disconnection notice... the menu disappeared and the background froze as soon as the race start chime played. Before long I was back at the Race Entry screen. :irked:

Witnessed a couple of altercations involving a Scirocco and an F-Type, but thankfully didn't make any mistakes of my own other than going too deep at the first corner. Set BB all the way to +5 on my out lap to preserve tyres then -2 for the flier as I felt it gave the Mustang enough bite.

15:20 or 16:40 will be the next slots I attempt.
Yeah I wondered where you went, figured it was a DSC

Euro time and VW power, so to qualify or not? Well D5 so I suppose I have to qualify. Q13 so I shouldn't have bothered. Top 5 were fast, mid 11 about the same, 3 slow and one non qualify. Terrible race the VW is such hard work there came 17th and think I'll call it.

Back