2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Each round has four time slots, is there any reason not to race as many as possible?
Thanks in advance.
As others have pointed out, and I learnt the hard way, if you get a good result quit. Some even play just one try to make it even harder.
After the first one where I ended up with 0 points from a start of 25, was C then and had no idea how many points were good, I only go again if I have been affected by a dirty driver. I don't take me doing something stupid as a reason to run again.

It would actually be nice if I had more friends about low B level to see how I'm doing in a season, because coming 1st in my region means nothing.

As an early 60s child I'd like to se the Manu age stats done by region, the way they are now is pointless as they are taken from too small a sample size. With mine for example there's only three people in my local area even competing, to then give me stats for over 50/60 etc means nothing. But to know how you rank against the other fossils :D in the whole EMEA region would be interesting

As others have pointed out, and I learnt the hard way, if you get a good result quit. Some even play just one try to make it even harder.
After the first one where I ended up with 0 points from a start of 25, was C then and had no idea how many points were good, I only go again if I have been affected by a dirty driver. I don't take me doing something stupid as a reason to run again.

It would actually be nice if I had more friends about low B level to see how I'm doing in a season, because coming 1st in my region means nothing.

Another plus from doing the early races is that if a 2 tyre usage requirement is part of the race there is always some who just never check the race details and you can gain some places unexpectedly whereas in the later races you get people in them who got caught out in earlier races trying to makeup for the mistake. I seldom do the last race as there always tougher as a lot in them have raced already earlier.

Another plus from doing the early races is that if a 2 tyre usage requirement is part of the race there is always some who just never check the race details and you can gain some places unexpectedly whereas in the later races you get people in them who got caught out in earlier races trying to makeup for the mistake. I seldom do the last race as there always tougher as a lot in them have raced already earlier.
True, I always try and do the first one because I seem to get better splits. Beginning of the day 1st might be say 100 points and by the end your looking at 30 because the better players have bagged their good result and quit, while the worse players might be trying to improve. This is worse in Austrian races where even with just 3 goes the 1st is usually the only one worth trying for.

Might just go with Alfa. I mean, the time schedules are a joke. Keep the joke running...

Might not be that big of a joke, the Gr3 Alfa is a competitive car in the right hands - if you are able to take advantage of it's strengths. It's a more "wild" version of the 911RSR, with shorter gears but still very predictable on worn tires, which makes it in my view a very "strategic" car. It is a bit slow on straights but that's the case with most handling cars.

The Gr4 was improved with the latest BOP, it is still a handful until you get used with it(the rear slides a lot when not under power), but other than that it is pretty much similar with it's gr3 counterpart.

As I said, the car can be very competitive once you get used with it, for example we had very good results in a team based championship with it in an Interlagos race where there were Corvettes, Mitsubishi's and Jaguars in the field. In the Gr4 race at least, it was an Alfa 1-2.

Might not be that big of a joke, the Gr3 Alfa is a competitive car in the right hands - if you are able to take advantage of it's strengths. It's a more "wild" version of the 911RSR, with shorter gears but still very predictable on worn tires, which makes it in my view a very "strategic" car. It is a bit slow on straights but that's the case with most handling cars.

The Gr4 was improved with the latest BOP, it is still a handful until you get used with it(the rear slides a lot when not under power), but other than that it is pretty much similar with it's gr3 counterpart.

As I said, the car can be very competitive once you get used with it, for example we had very good results in a team based championship with it in an Interlagos race where there were Corvettes, Mitsubishi's and Jaguars in the field. In the Gr4 race at least, it was an Alfa 1-2.

The entire time I used Alfa, I never used the Gr.3 car once lol. Maybe it’s better now, but it used to be terrible if you weren’t an alien.

I chose Alfa at some point because of the Gr4 car(the time when any handling track with tyrewear was pretty much a 4c vs Trophy affair). I discovered that I started to like the Gr3 car more - then when Gr4 car was destroyed with the additional 150kg I never used it again.

Got back to it recently for the race I mentioned, and it is fast but very tricky to drive. But in the meantime, I have become a lot faster and my driving style changed - I prefer now FR cars, and as I like a bit of an all-rounder for FIA Hyundai is my weapon of choice.

The entire time I used Alfa, I never used the Gr.3 car once lol. Maybe it’s better now, but it used to be terrible if you weren’t an alien.

I thought the Gr.3 Alfa was perfectly fine during the 2020 season (besides the lack of power, of course). The Gr.4 Alfa after the May patch, on the other hand....

Well, the pre-patch Gr.4 Alfa was the first car that I really liked driving, having only started playing GT Sport last April. As such, I had some... strong opinions about the Alfa getting weight nerfed to hell in the May patch. Heck, my first post on this forum was me complaining about the Alfa nerf.

And after I got reamed at RBR Short, I had this to say about the Gr.4 Alfa:

“If you want to emulate Mahaveer Raghunathan driving a 2019 Williams with a GP2 engine, try the Gr.4 Alfa. You won't be disappointed.”

The fact that the Gr.4 Alfa has been getting weight buffs ever since the May patch indicated how badly it got nerfed in the first place. And I don’t think I’ll be going back to Alfa unless I’m convinced the Alfa has the handling to justify having the lowest power in class.

I'm a low B as well, can use me as a US backmarker if you like. PSN Longhawk74
Great responses, I was half joking but really nice I'll have some people to compare to. Not sure US will show up on my main though, scratch that I know it doesn't because my alts don't. I'll bung you one from my US one though. Your settings don't allow me to send you one :confused:
ACCOUNTS:
UK: Norrin_Radd-SS01
US: PeteNotSoPerfect
OZ: Dingo-Donger

Great responses, I was half joking but really nice I'll have some people to compare to. Not sure US will show up on my main though, scratch that I know it doesn't because my alts don't. I'll bung you one from my US one though. Your settings don't allow me to send you one :confused:
ACCOUNTS:
UK: Norrin_Radd-SS01
US: PeteNotSoPerfect
OZ: Dingo-Donger

I'll have a look after work and update them, send you one as well.

I used the Alfa for about 4 seasons and it has it good ans bad points. The Gr3 is great on tyres and fuel for long races and seldom any issues flooring the throttle without TC on. It can be slow on the straights at top end but quick in corners and good brakes, I won many a late braking contest in it. Love it on tracks like Dragon Trail. The Gr4 was poor ok but recent changes to BoP may make a big difference. I'm considering using Alfa next season but would like to change again as so far only used Alfa, Toyota and Honda. I think that which ever manufacturer you chose some tracks will suit and some not.

Finally!! :)

71A6C399-24FA-4CBE-9332-69EE30BD9D9B.png
EA878E56-9318-4505-BABA-9C29E800598A.png

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on February 18th, 2021 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.

Why only 2 races counting? Last was 8 with 4 counting or am I losing it? I would have thought 3 count, but has there been 6 race season in the past to compare? AH checked archives and some are 1/2 and others 1/4. Even though the numbers don't divide well

Last edited:
Why only 2 races counting? Last was 8 with 4 counting or am I losing it? I would have thought 3 count, but has there been 6 race season in the past to compare?
I didn't say that would be the case for sure, but on average the seasons across GTS's life have used one in 2.5 (basically four from ten). In a six-race season, that'd be 2.4 races, which rounds to two.

Of course it may be three (in which case a Superstars race would account for a third of all points, not half), or any other number. Probably not zero.

Back