2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
At round 4 of the Nations Cup, I had entered with a Mercedes-Benz C9, not a Nissan R92CP. In that race, I won the pole and the round. Not only I won the pole for the second consecutive round, I also won my first NC race of the year. On the other hand, my points total remains at 47.

Last edited:
Finished the race I entered, slot 2, 30pts for 5th place. C cat race.
Quite a clean race, although I picked up a yellow flag penalty which I am still struggling to see for what, but other than that a really good race. Towards the back end of the race a few drivers seemed to be using blocking tactics, which was allowing those behind to close the gap. Work together!
17m 12s, 0.6laps of fuel at the line. Sauber Mercedes

Fuel wasn't a problem in the 787. Full throttle all race.

In my first race where I was chasing without a slipstream I would have had to refuel if I wasn't a lap down in the 787 i even feulsaved whereas in 2nd race I had 2 laps left as the end of the race because of the slipstream,

In my first race where I was chasing without a slipstream I would have had to refuel if I wasn't a lap down in the 787 i even feulsaved whereas in 2nd race I had 2 laps left as the end of the race because of the slipstream,
I think I had about 2 laps left as well.
After I got the lead and eventually, the winner pulled ahead of me, we both pulled away. I was in and out of the slipstream, for most the first half of the race. However, I was staying out of the slipstream because I'd catch up too fast. I didn't want the other cars catching us up. So, I just stayed out of the slip, only using it, due to the R92 pulling ahead just a bit. We were about 5 seconds ahead of the pack and I finished less than two seconds behind the wall-riding winner.

Starting on the RS, was giving me awesome acceleration out of the final corners. I think(really wish I didn't get booted) it was Lap 26 and I had a reading of 33 laps. Getting smashed into the wall, probably saved me a bit of fuel.

Edit: Yay! My screenshots made it to my feed.
ExPJXNnUYAYWvL7

ExPJgOJVcAQPR8T

Last edited:
Knew the Jag was going to get a nerffing somewhere :lol:. They really had it in for the Lexus this season, nerfing both the GR.3 and Gr.4!

I still like and am glad I picked Lexus for manufacturers but neither car was really that overpowered so I am just confused. It can hold its own in the twisty bits or under braking but pretty much everyone would take it in the straights

Last edited:
A few weeks ago there was a debate on here about players running multiple accounts in FIA, thus possibly "stealing" points to others.

Well, seems like it could matter to me as I might (even though I don't think I really deserve it) finish this Exhibition in (or near) the Top 10 in my country, Switzerland.

As you can tell by the names in the rankings, there is a really good driver running 2 accounts currently in the Top 10... I don't really care for now as it's not even the real season but still, I don't think it's fair :/

Edit: I don't want to write down his name, I have nothing personal against him, my purpose is more about showing a concrete example of the global problem.

Screenshot_20210325-113348_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I ran10 laps in the Gr 4 Jag at Bathurst to check the BoP

Yesterday’s free practice I set a 2:10.8 with an optimal 2:10.5. Today was a 2:11.5 with an optimal 2:11.3.

I think there is a bit more in it today, but that was probably my peak yesterday. So I’m thinking it’s about a half a second lost with the power reduction.

I can still be competitive this weekend, but it’s going to be a lot tougher.

Last edited:
Push the throttle all the way down? Nobody catches me on straights.

My trigger would go through the back of the controller if I pressed it any harder. Did yours have the optional nos kit fitted or something because mine feel like I am driving through treacle the way folks go past me in a straight line.

I am fairly consistent in the GR 3 but still learning the GR 4 so I guess I just have to keep practicing

I think I over revved the car all race long, so another lesson for me! thanks for sharing! :)

In my practice races I made it the full way on fuel, but in my FIA race I was short at the time of the pit stop because I was shifting at higher RPMs than I had been. If you ran the revs all the way to the limiter you'd burn fuel in a hurry. Ideally you'd have to shift a bit sooner since revving it out had no real benefit.

My Mustang looks a lot better today.

It's hard for me to feel but so bad for Jag drivers since the car was clearly OP, and maybe they solved it.

Wait...I have I said this recently? It feels like something I said about Aston Martin before this season, lol.

I think that all of the FR cars will be pretty equal at Bathurst now. Is that such a bad thing? I'm starting to think with all of these changes it's futile to chase the "fast" car for the season. I might be heading towards some brand loyalty, even if it's not with my current manufacturer.

Last edited:
Nations Cup Round 4 - Gr.1 at BMB

Not worth a recap. Too many stupid drivers who either can't judge their braking marks in the draft, or who decide it's better to race a guy hard for 16th place instead of bump drafting and keeping in touch with the lead pack, on lap 3 of a 29 lap race.

I was always hopeful that once I got into the 35k DR range, I'd be surrounded by knowledgeable and smart, fair drivers. Not so much the case.

I should have known it was going to be like that, when I saw a couple of drivers who always seem to be 'the type' in my lobby. Oh well.

Q15 (thanks to getting bumped on my best lap and then having to bail, never finding a draft partner again) / R17... Even with door #19, hard to avoid a big DR loss when you place so poorly.

Lost 900DR, scored a pittance of FIA points, and now have to suffer through the Rallycross race or muster up speed I likely don't have a Laguna in the Porsche, to have any respectable placing in the season standings.

(also interesting the top 6 in my race finished as they qualified... but the second half of the field was completely mixed up, nearly all of it due to people being rammed in T4, from what I could see... so much disrespect out there, save for the top of the grids)

Not the most fun Nations season...

7070740544337510936_0.jpg

Coulda been a really fun race... Group C cars do rock!

Last edited:
Disappointing doesn't even begin to describe tonight's races. Nor does frustrating. The only way to describe my feelings on tonight's races would require words that aren't allowed on this webiste. Full recap tomorrow...well, what I can recall from memory at least.
Ok, recap time!
Slot 1: This sadly ended up being my best result of the night. I qualified 5th in 2nd Split, so I was on for a great race. The race went even better than I thought, and I was in 4th, gaining on 3rd, when I forgot that slipstream and dirty air existed and slammed into the back of 3rd at T1. They were able to keep it on track, and I didn't gain a position from it, so I thought I was ok. The game for some reason thought I deserved a penalty, even though now you can completely punt people off track and only get a penalty half the time. That dropped me down to 7th, before I caught back up to 5th and 6th who were battling. I got around them both before 5th bumped into me in T1 and drove back by (why no penalty for HIM, huh PD?? :mad:🤬). I still finished an ok 6th for 213 points, and if that had been the best I could do on pace, I would have been perfectly content with those results; but I could've had 3rd, and actually was quick enough to catch 2nd, but they decided to wall-ride their way to 2nd place (and they're a member of this forum, so I won't name names...hope you feel good about yourself...). So I decided I was going again, even though I knew I'd be in Top Split the rest of the night.

Slot 2: Qualified 17th, but worked my way up to near the Top 10, and could've probably finished inside the Top 10, but I hit the pit entry wall when trying to make a pit stop, THEN put on the same tires I'd just taken off. I just drove around aimlessly after that and got lapped a bunch of times before just quitting when the leaders finished.

Slot 3: Qualified 13th, but for some reason had no pace relative to those around me, and finished 14th.

Slot 4: Qualified 8th, but during the start, 3rd glitched and brought everyone behind them to a standstill while the front 2 drove away from us. Someone divebombed me into T4 on Lap 1, and I got the penalty for it. (Seriously, 🤬 you, PD.) I still recovered to run 6th near the end of the race when the same thing happened to me AGAIN on the penultimate lap, and I finished 14th again.

Slot 5: The win was only worth 206 points, 7 less than my 6th place in the first slot got me. I had to win or this night was a complete waste. Unfortunately I qualified "only" 4th. It was my best time of the night at a 39.55, which I could do plenty of times in practice, but never in the actual FIA events. Of course when I finally put together a perfect lap in qualifying it's in a literally pointless race :rolleyes:. Anyway, pole was taken by another Sauber wall-rider, who got absolutely reamed in chat prior to the race starting. I guess it got to him surprisingly, because as soon as we started he pulled over and let the field by and was the last car running at the end. I actually took the lead in the first stint, but I later found out that was because everyone else started on Mediums while I started on Softs. I eventually lost all the spots I gained in the first stint and finished 4th for 180 points. Night wasted. I can't even be happy with a Top 5 because the lack of competition in the final slot made it way too easy.

This would've been the first season where all my counted scores in BOTH championships were over 200 points. Now I'll only have 1 200+ score in Nation's, because I know for a fact I won't be able to score that well in the dirt race, and I'll inevitably screw up again in the finale at Laguna Seca. This happens literally every time the FIA picks a track/car combo that I REALLY enjoy. Unless it's something hard to screw up like a simple oval race, I can practice all week, then somehow lose all my talent and either end up too slow or make too many mind-blowingly stupid mistakes to get a good result (usually it's both).

My Mustang looks a lot better today.

It's hard for me to feel but so bad for Jag drivers since the car was clearly OP, and maybe they solved it.

Wait...I have I said this recently? It feels like something I said about Aston Martin before this season, lol.

I think that all of the FR cars will be pretty equal at Bathurst now. Is that such a bad thing? I'm starting to think with all of these changes it's futile to chase the "fast" car for the season. I might be heading towards some brand loyalty, even if it's not with my current manufacturer.

I think the constant changes to the BoP are a very good thing. Think of it as succes ballast like Super GT uses in Japan.

It also shows they're watching the data. Good.

This happens literally every time the FIA picks a track/car combo that I REALLY enjoy. Unless it's something hard to screw up like a simple oval race, I can practice all week, then somehow lose all my talent and either end up too slow or make too many mind-blowingly stupid mistakes to get a good result (usually it's both).

To my results there’s a bit of practice, having the pace, knowing the track, how to race it etc.
There’s definitely a point of OVERpractice also with diminishing returns happening. Sometimes too much practice creates too much expectation (pressure).
I can tell in many FIA races this self inflicted mental pressure messes people up sometimes.
Jmo, for me, often being fresh and having a quick few laps in the warmup pre race is better than overpracticing.
I mean there’s guys doing practice lobbies etc for days beforehand sometimes. That’s not for me, personally. I do better fresh as opposed to burnt.

To my results there’s a bit of practice, having the pace, knowing the track, how to race it etc.
There’s definitely a point of OVERpractice also with diminishing returns happening. Sometimes too much practice creates too much expectation (pressure).
I can tell in many FIA races this self inflicted mental pressure messes people up sometimes.
Jmo, for me, often being fresh and having a quick few laps in the warmup pre race is better than overpracticing.
I mean there’s guys doing practice lobbies etc for days beforehand sometimes. That’s not for me, personally. I do better fresh as opposed to burnt.
Yeah you might have a point. The only reason I ever do a ton of practice for a race though is if it's a combo I really like. At that point, it's not so much about practice as it is about just getting in as many races as I can at a combo I enjoy driving just for the fun of it. For instance, last season with the Manufacturer's race at BMB Superspeedway, there obviously wasn't much need for practice, but I still did tons of practice races simply because I really like oval racing. It was all for fun. It was the same with last night's combo. After a couple races, I felt comfortable with my pace, so the rest of it was just for fun, and also a bit of qualifying practice.

Well, I am back at GT Sport after a long break. The Nations Cupat Blue Moon seeems to be the perfect race for giving a comeback, so I just need some minutes for checking the
racing line. Then while the race a friend of mine told me he was lapped because a wall riding driver and with this information we decide not to drive any more race on this track.

So now my focus is on Mount Panorama. Some test races yesterday and today. My optimum was a racetime at 35:57,9XX in the Ford Mustang and I am able to drive in the last lap a 2:14,XXX, so I feel sure to have some good hours this weekend on the track. Hope we meet each other and I hope for good challemging race this weekend

Back