2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Going to take a break from this game for a little while.

Not going to lower myself to say who it was, but having one of the drivers from the current ‘top 10’ EMEA leaderboard for Tokyo, go out of their way to search your name on PlayStation to then send a screenshot of that leaderboard with comments like ‘try and do that noob’ and ‘learn to drive go back to playing Mario Kart’ amongst other things, takes the enjoyment out of it and makes me wonder why I bother! Not really the thing I’d expect from a top split player.

All that after me just literally telling him to shut up in lobby chat after getting a volley of abuse from him for not getting out the way, and having him purposely crush me into the wall as punishment for not being quick enough!

Good luck everyone for the final race and will hopefully race against some of you when the official season starts! 👍

Feels like we are another wave of evil in this game, so much more aggression lately, it feels to me?
Had it not been for this forum and the friends I made on it I would propably have stopped playing this game a long time ago.
Shared a track with you a few times lately and you are defenitively one of the good ones, at least in my opinion, so do hope you will reconsider and stick around and let the bastards not win. whatever you decide: I do wish you all the best, in personal life and in gaming!

PS: Do shame him, and make his bad conduct public, and let people see who the idiots are!!!

Last edited:

Not going to lower myself to say who it was, but having one of the drivers from the current ‘top 10’ EMEA leaderboard for Tokyo, go out of their way to search your name on PlayStation to then send a screenshot of that leaderboard with comments like ‘try and do that noob’ and ‘learn to drive go back to playing Mario Kart’ amongst other things, takes the enjoyment out of it and makes me wonder why I bother! Not really the thing I’d expect from a top split player.

All that after me just literally telling him to shut up in lobby chat after getting a volley of abuse from him for not getting out the way, and having him purposely crush me into the wall as punishment for not being quick enough!

Good luck everyone for the final race and will hopefully race against some of you when the official season starts! 👍

Sorry you had to deal with someones inflated ego like that and hope when you come back you have some fun races

pm me the name. I can’t help but we do know some emea folks who don’t care about DR (and lobbies are always free game)

Hold your head high, you've obviously dented their superiority complex. Means you are doing well as a driver. Again, get us the name if you need to. We can get the 🤬 sorted out if we need to. If not then a refreshing restart with an Alt account in another region usually cam provide a break from those trolls.

Take no 🤬 from nobody like that 🤬.
We support you.:gtpflag:

Just remember, at least you're winning at life.

Last edited:
I love racing Bathurst. So was excited for this since I got a wheel/pedal setup and finished building my diy rig on Sunday. Was slower to start but by Wed I was .5 faster than my controller times, mainly due to being better able to trail brake I think. Anyway time to take the Ferrari to the mountain.

1st go, I qualified 2nd and moved into 1st at the cutting when P1 decided to test the structural integrity of the outside wall. They were fighting behind and I was up to a 2+s gap by the end of lap one. Continued to increase the gap heading up mountain straight. Heading over skyline I decide to start going easy to save tires and not do something stupid.

I did something stupid.

Braking earlier and my rhythm was off coming down the mountain, back end swinging like my dog's tail when I have treats. Completely sideways through the dipper, then backwards. Good for seeing just how many spots I am losing. End up bringing home a stellar P13 after down to DFL as I got a pen there as well for hitting the wall.

On to the second attempt, qualified 7th, and got my prancing horse up and down the mountain much better. A couple of clean passes, battles behind, and 10 laps later I'm into 5th, then two fo the frontrunners in FF cars pit. The Aston I'm reeling in goes wide at the chase and I'm up to 2nd. The Argentinian behind has been slowly gaining, and catches up over the mountain. I don't get a great exit and his Vette has the power down Conrod. 1st was 13s ahead with 2 to go and 4th well behind. Had some excellent very clean racing with back and forth passing over the last 2 laps on no stop tires for both of us. Even went through Griffin's side by side and the Chase later. Both racing hard and both giving space but not giving up. In the end he had the inside on the final corner and I couldn't hang it around the outside.

Ended up 3rd, but that's my best FIA and most points at 80. Can I get some more of that? I sure hope so at Tokyo, though I expect the Ferrari to be outclassed there by a good margin.

As an alternative, you may look into League races, they are fun, with non of the drama

Although, I wouldn't let some tool ruin my GT experience, just report them, ignore, and carry on
We all get our share of players that haven't been properly house trained :boggled:

I love racing Bathurst. So was excited for this since I got a wheel/pedal setup and finished building my diy rig on Sunday. Was slower to start but by Wed I was .5 faster than my controller times, mainly due to being better able to trail brake I think. Anyway time to take the Ferrari to the mountain.

1st go, I qualified 2nd and moved into 1st at the cutting when P1 decided to test the structural integrity of the outside wall. They were fighting behind and I was up to a 2+s gap by the end of lap one. Continued to increase the gap heading up mountain straight. Heading over skyline I decide to start going easy to save tires and not do something stupid.

I did something stupid.

Braking earlier and my rhythm was off coming down the mountain, back end swinging like my dog's tail when I have treats. Completely sideways through the dipper, then backwards. Good for seeing just how many spots I am losing. End up bringing home a stellar P13 after down to DFL as I got a pen there as well for hitting the wall.

On to the second attempt, qualified 7th, and got my prancing horse up and down the mountain much better. A couple of clean passes, battles behind, and 10 laps later I'm into 5th, then two fo the frontrunners in FF cars pit. The Aston I'm reeling in goes wide at the chase and I'm up to 2nd. The Argentinian behind has been slowly gaining, and catches up over the mountain. I don't get a great exit and his Vette has the power down Conrod. 1st was 13s ahead with 2 to go and 4th well behind. Had some excellent very clean racing with back and forth passing over the last 2 laps on no stop tires for both of us. Even went through Griffin's side by side and the Chase later. Both racing hard and both giving space but not giving up. In the end he had the inside on the final corner and I couldn't hang it around the outside.

Ended up 3rd, but that's my best FIA and most points at 80. Can I get some more of that? I sure hope so at Tokyo, though I expect the Ferrari to be outclassed there by a good margin.
Bathurst is also one of my favourites as are all the real world endurance tracks
Just wish we could have longer races

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see some longer races with mandatory pit stops as well. I really enjoyed Interlagos as well with all three compounds required. Extend that race by 8-10 laps and reduce the wear multiplier. The high multipliers are needed in a shorter race, but lower multipliers in a longer race open the window for more strategy.

Wow, how juvenile of him. Maybe you should pass his name along to R4M. I hear they provide excellent service with a ‘no ram, no fee’ guarantee.

Jokes aside, being one of the best in the region does not give him the right to act like a snob to others. Maybe you can report him to PSN for bullying if you screenshot his message?

Wow, how juvenile of him. Maybe you should pass his name along to R4M. I hear they provide excellent service with a ‘no ram, no fee’ guarantee.

Jokes aside, being one of the best in the region does not give him the right to act like a snob to others. Maybe you can report him to PSN for bullying if you screenshot his message?
Doesn't have to screenshoot it. Just report the message.

If they are in the top ten then they are surely gunning for S rank. I'm sure PD wouldn't want this behaviour to be represented so. It might be worth hitting their and GT's social media with evidence with the question 'Is this the right sportsmanship to be expected from S rank?' They might do something then. And please do not let brainless idiots like that stop you competing in something you enjoy.

Mandatory number of stops would help during longer races as well. It's an unused feature in Sport Mode. Having to stop for tyres is nearly like that, but mandating a when to pit window, ensures a bit more strategy than pitting lap 1 and the final lap.
Agreed. The recent content creators race at Lago Maggiore was fantastic because of this. The 2 stoppers and 1 stoppers converged in the final few laps and it made for great racing and drama.

Less traffic on a no stop, means less variables. 👍

You're right, I've just been winning doing both strategies on nearly identical total times. It's definitely much more fun stopping cause passing people on those last 5 laps or so is really easy they can't defend with that much tirewear so I quickly move back to the front.

The one stop is really only viable if you can put it on pole or near the front.

Last edited:
I sense a distinct lack of buzz for tomorrow's adventure on dirt.

Having done a very short bit of testing yesterday I can see why. Given the amount of track you need to use to get round with any degree of efficiency, this is surely going to be bumper cars galore.

I’m curious to see how the points work out. In top 16 races they add base points because of the 16 car grid, but if they don’t do that tomorrow, the lobbies won’t be worth many points and basically makes this race for fun only.

Last edited:
I’m curious to see how the points work out. In top 16 races they add base points because of the 16 car grid, but if they don’t do that tomorrow, the lobbies won’t be worth many points and basically makes this race for fun only.
The last FIA Group B race was at Tsukuba, and even then no one showed up and the points were worthless. I wasn't even in A+ yet and was still in Top Split. The way things are looking, Top Split is going to have some people who get legitimately lapped.

Lol. I personally have a zero tolerance policy to bad play, regardless of rank or name. I’ve taken out and will continue to take out these video gamer munchkins.
I let my driving do the talking. When they get upset it means you are doing very well.
Munchkins often don’t deal well with competition.
“Say hi to you tube!”
My response “Time to punt the streamer!”
Envision yourself as an Eastern Bloc maybe old Soviet steroid infused boxer in a fit of roid rage. Works for me.

CC327D95-F5C2-4F84-A6D3-9D22BED3F2D8.gif

Last edited:
I should probably mention here that I've been back racing for a while. :lol:

Long story short, it's been a rough stretch for me to where playing GT again started to look more like a stress reliever than inducer. What sealed the deal was making Manufacturer three regions again because in all honesty, I have no chance to qualify anymore considering all the drivers in the South America region.

However, that also means that worrying a ton about DR and putting in tons of practice goes out the window. I can actually race for fun. That said, my prideful side isn't liking starting last in top split if I don't put some effort in.

Probably skipping the YT videos for now but have a clip. Yes, I'll be doing dailies now too.

Hm, I didn't think of that. How much do you think the win will be worth in, let's say, a 50K lobby ? Usually around 240.

I don't mind racing for fun (and this combo can't be taken too seriously anyway) but if points are so low, I'll probably skip the usual "intensive" 60-minute training session before the race.

Last edited:
Hm, I didn't think of that. How much do you think the win will be worth in, let's say, a 50K lobby ? Usually around 240.

I don't mind racing for fun (and this combo can't be taken too seriously anyway) but if points are so low, I'll probably skip the usual "intensive" 60-minute training session before the race.

I think they add 50 base points to a T16 race? Not 100% sure on that though.

Yes I'd say 50 too or 60 but the points of those T16 races end up being higher than in normal top splits, so I don't know really.
Maybe it's simply 20% less, because 20% less players.
We'll find out very soon!

Last edited:
Wife is having a nap. I'm in there(alt of course) using the Mustang. I'll see if any fun can be had.

Edit: Starting 5/14.

P1 NSX
P2-P4 GT_R
Me
P6-P14 are Focus, Genesis, RCZ, yadda yadda yadda.

Some ghosting during qualy. Mainly when cars are extremely sideways.

Edit2: Not bad at all. Finished P2.

Big battle with the GT-Rs. The NSX was able to scoot away(won by 21 seconds).

Good chat post race. We all had fun. Mega passes in the first 5 laps. Watch your mid-corner at the final hairpin. Some went perpendicular. The cars ghost, so those behind don't get stuck. However, it's hard to recover.
Felt weird, like there is Boost ON. The cars also bump softly. Really they do. That's how it felt to me.
I had AWD 50:50 all race. Just go 'round and 'round. Hope anyone racing, have a room like mine. Lots of positive chatter.👍

Last edited:
I had a go and was ready for total carnage. Surprised myself with a fast lap for me and starting p6 of 15. Rough and tumble first two laps as we get the feel of pack racing in these things and get used to the bumps, but I'm holding my own.

Then the pit wall got me. Dead stop, damage and a 1.5 penalty. Ended up DFL and 6.8 behind the next car. Manages to race my way back to p12 and was on the bumpers of p11 and 10, but oh what could have been. I'll take that recovery drive as a solid result, points don't count but I figure aside from that pit wall mistake I acquitted myself well.

That last uphill section is nasty, and people clipping the inside of those last 2 turns get spun around. Ghosting helps, but is unreliable as a few times the car in front ghosted as it hit the wall but would unghost if I was at the point of touching it. Not bad, not great. Ok.

And a very intense set of 12 laps.
20210331_214709.jpg

This is head on into the wall.

Good luck everyone :cheers:

Last edited:
Wife is having a nap. I'm in there(alt of course) using the Mustang. I'll see if any fun can be had.

Edit: Starting 5/14.

P1 NSX
P2-P4 GT_R
Me
P6-P14 are Focus, Genesis, RCZ, yadda yadda yadda.

Some ghosting during qualy. Mainly when cars are extremely sideways.

Edit2: Not bad at all. Finished P2.

Big battle with the GT-Rs. The NSX was able to scoot away(won by 21 seconds).

Good chat post race. We all had fun. Mega passes in the first 5 laps. Watch your mid-corner at the final hairpin. Some went perpendicular. The cars ghost, so those behind don't get stuck. However, it's hard to recover.
Felt weird, like there is Boost ON. The cars also bump softly. Really they do. That's how it felt to me.
I had AWD 50:50 all race. Just go 'round and 'round. Hope anyone racing, have a room like mine. Lots of positive chatter.👍
What were you in?

Only Mustang.
Thanks. In my tests that was the only car I didn't like. Just felt it didn't belong there. Glad you got a result from it.

Then the pit wall got me. Dead stop, damage and a 1.5 penalty.
This is my fear. The last bump sends you flying sideways for a pasttime and it is very easy to get a 1.5 penalty from it sending you into the wall. I'd probably do 10 laps fine then the 11th sends me to the penalty realm undoing any hard work I may have had.

Back