2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
This was timely as I did my randomisation process on Monday. And after rising to the Renault challenge during the exhibition series ...

What group 4 Renault did you actually drive? The Trophy or the Megane? I did consider Renault last time out, since after the last BoP changes I thought it had a good chance. But After trying several daily time trials I found it quite easy to set a good time on the time trails (and seeing a lot of sand banks), but doing that lap after lap without being killed by yet another quirk from the car, felt impossible for me so I choose the easy way out with the Jaaag.

For the GR4 I was testing with the Megane (Trophy was even worse for me) and while I enjoyed it very much I felt I would have struggled too much with tyre wear.

Yesss! At last I get to bring out my F150 again! :lol:

Ey9pPFvWQAMvd_G

Though I'm not a big fan of Tsukuba the lack of any high speed sections might actually prove beneficial. Last time I was being outclassed on the straights but through the corners actually on par with the other cars. Didn't really make much sense to me but hey, I'll take it :lol:

Isn't the F150 N400 according to Kudos? How do you make it N300 with BoP and Tuning fixed?

What group 4 Renault did you actually drive? The Trophy or the Megane? I did consider Renault last time out, since after the last BoP changes I thought it had a good chance. But After trying several daily time trials I found it quite easy to set a good time on the time trails (and seeing a lot of sand banks), but doing that lap after lap without being killed by yet another quirk from the car, felt impossible for me so I choose the easy way out with the Jaaag.

For the GR4 I was testing with the Megane (Trophy was even worse for me) and while I enjoyed it very much I felt I would have struggled too much with tyre wear.
I drove the Trophy. I don't have the car in my garage so it was a case of trying a new thing. Also the other is an FF. I want to avoid them in a tyre wear race unless I have no choice.

will indeed sign for Citroen; first livery as below, still a work in progress...

View attachment 1004428
Stealth Citroen.

will indeed sign for Citroen; first livery as below, still a work in progress...

View attachment 1004428

It's on my shorlist as well. Together with Ford (who can resist Ford / Le Mans combo after this movie: )
Jaguar and McLaren.

I'm very excited for this season. In particular because I love the idea of racing the people form this forum (the first with OJ made me thirsty for more)

Still looking for friends to add to the list... so if you are not shy, send me an invite!

Last edited:
This was timely as I did my randomisation process on Monday. And after rising to the Renault challenge during the exhibition series it decided to keep things on hard mode and has given me...
7431018550074015756_0.jpg

Yup Lambo.
Not driven the Gr4 much so a lot to learn.
Had a brief practice in @LVS_1986 lobby. Set a quicker qualy time than my practice (And maybe my fastest Gr3 Cataluyna time) and kept it on the track throughout the race. Nervous few laps on both stints in the 1 stop. :nervous: Still happy with how the race went.
Hmmm...The Lambo is getting alot of love as of late I wonder why?

Sounds like NZ got screwed with the merger of Oceania and Asia regions on top of the time slot change.

I only saw 1 entry from NZ in the Man. Champ series that just finished, and as much as I enjoy mixing it with the Japanese and the Koreans, they need to fix that so it's more fair for the rest of the region.
There are plenty more Asian countries they have to fit in as well. Slots any earlier and it cuts out more western countries. But it does seem as though the time slots are designed to be optimal for Japanese players.
Whatever, more dailies or nights off for me. I always struggled at Manu when it was just Oceania so I feel like I wouldnt be improving with the merged regions.

Last edited:
This was timely as I did my randomisation process on Monday. And after rising to the Renault challenge during the exhibition series it decided to keep things on hard mode and has given me...
7431018550074015756_0.jpg

Yup Lambo.
Not driven the Gr4 much so a lot to learn.
Had a brief practice in @LVS_1986 lobby. Set a quicker qualy time than my practice (And maybe my fastest Gr3 Cataluyna time) and kept it on the track throughout the race. Nervous few laps on both stints in the 1 stop. :nervous: Still happy with how the race went.
Good luck this season with Lambo. The group 4 car is a peach, the group 3 car is a menace. In my season with Lamborghini, I found myself afraid to push it when tire wear kicked in. So I would lose tons of time in low speed corners especially. I could never quite get the hang of it and master it.

Just did a One Make in the 86 at Autopolis. 15 minutes, FL on last lap, barely red tops on the tyres, 6 laps of fuel left in a 12 Lap race. It's 5x fuel/wear.

What GR.4 car is slower than an 86, but with worse fuel & tyre wear? For fast players, it's going to be a 12 minute race. I don't see the point in the short course, for a short race, using cars that are faster than the road cars they're based.

Not sure if it was brought up.

Does anyone know if we might get a BOP update before the start of the season?

Probably going to stick with Mazda. Just torn on what car to select for the Gr.3 races. Never really driven the Rx-vision.

Those who have used Mazda before. Is the rx-vision, much better than the Gr.3 Atenza?

Not sure if it was brought up.

Does anyone know if we might get a BOP update before the start of the season?

Probably going to stick with Mazda. Just torn on what car to select for the Gr.3 races. Never really driven the Rx-vision.

Those who have used Mazda before. Is the rx-vision, much better than the Gr.3 Atenza?

I “think” the RX is currently one of the better Gr.3 cars, don’t quote me on that though. :)

Interesting season on paper, for both championships.
I may wait for a potential last minute BoP update before making a final decision on my Manu though.

And I'm also relieved that they switch the race days mid-season because it's gonna be hard to attend the races on Saturdays (too many things planned IRL, that's when you live in a country that hardly cares about Covid-19, you can't use this as an excuse to geek all day on weekends :lol:).

He did not say HOW his randomizer works. Could be an app that lets you influence the outcome say… 99% Lambo 1% Ferrari
It's a bit convoluted but nothing more than Excel and a random number generator. I make them all fight to the death for several rounds before a winner emerges.

Good luck this season with Lambo. The group 4 car is a peach, the group 3 car is a menace. In my season with Lamborghini, I found myself afraid to push it when tire wear kicked in. So I would lose tons of time in low speed corners especially. I could never quite get the hang of it and master it.
Thanks. Yeah in the practice yesterday it seemed to be slow and steady wins the race.

Pretty fun schedule, I am looking forward to both Nations and Manufacturers series.

Only letdown for me is: super happy to run the Red Bull Jr Formula cars, though at Willow Run?! That's a bit of a waste, from both that car's perspective and that WR is more of a GT/sports car track. Would rather have had them at a more fitting location.

But: karts! Super Formula! And the European Cup race is an interesting twist on the Gr3, at NGP.

Hey folks, anybody know a Discord server (or telegram chat or whatever) that is focused on FIA?
I would like to be a part of that...you know? People who care about it like we obviously do, run practice lobbies, etc.

Check your inbox. 👍

Last edited:
Red Bull testing livery.

Pretty fun schedule, I am looking forward to both Nations and Manufacturers series.

Only letdown for me is: super happy to run the Red Bull Jr Formula cars, though at Willow Run?! That's a bit of a waste, from both that car's perspective and that WR is more of a GT/sports car track. Would rather have had them at a more fitting location.

But: karts! Super Formula! And the European Cup race is an interesting twist on the Gr3, at NGP.
They have been neutered with Sports tyres. I've not tested how they perform like that yet but I'm sure it'll mean more trips to Los Angeles.

Back