2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
It sounds like fewer lag complaints this round in the Americas servers?
Technically, yes, because some splits were completely disconnected on matchmaking.

I was watching some of the higher split streams, and it looked like the lag was even worse than before, making it really difficult to know exactly where they are.

I mean, it was pretty bad in my C/S lobby at 2140.

Cars were jumping all over the place.

..... and I do mean JUMPING. View media item 73788
FWIW I strictly use a hardwired connection (I refuse to rely on Wi-Fi) and I was getting 3 bars on my connection. Which seems insane since its all wired....

Last edited:
In post chat he called that his "one allowed move on the straight".
Fair point!

Haha, yeah one move. Not one move after another. Unfortunately some people don't understand the concept completely.

Yes He is allow one Defending move one the straight, But that was totally straight-up illegal late blocking, I been seeing ppl do this a lot as of late I wish pp would know the difference.

Last edited:
I mean, it was pretty bad in my C/S lobby at 2140.

Cars were jumping all over the place.

..... and I do mean JUMPING. View media item 73788
FWIW I strictly use a hardwired connection (I refuse to rely on Wi-Fi) and I was getting 3 bars on my connection. Which seems insane since its all wired....
That's because your race was in the CSA servers. I use hardwired connection as well, and I've seen cars lagging around in my races when racing in those servers. The NA servers aren't as bad; much less lag.

GT Planet training session's are getting there

Again we had a lovely race today. 2 people showed up and another joined after. Tomorrow being a friday I can probably host some more sessions later in the evening but will try to start one on 20 pm CEST as well. Others will be a lot later think 23 hours or after. So maybe some American friends will join as well? The time difference between Continental Europe and New York is 6 hours.

Maybe see you tomorrow!

In a rush atm as heading out to work, but can you message the details again. Thank you.

GT Planet training session's are getting there

Again we had a lovely race today. 2 people showed up and another joined after. Tomorrow being a friday I can probably host some more sessions later in the evening but will try to start one on 20 pm CEST as well. Others will be a lot later think 23 hours or after. So maybe some American friends will join as well? The time difference between Continental Europe and New York is 6 hours.

Maybe see you tomorrow!

I will keep an eye out for you, I'm always running tests and end up with only a few or a lot of quitters. Been running tyres for the nation's to see which strategy to run as all 3 have to be used, I expect a lot of penalties in the early slots because of this as a lot don't read the race details until after the bet the 1 minute at the end.

Yes He is allow one Defending move one the straight, But that was totally straight-up illegal late blocking, I been seeing ppl do this a lot as of late I wish pp would know the difference.
Interestingly, I saw a fairly similar (timing wise) swerve move by one of the F1 drivers at Barcelona last weekend. Struggling to remember exactly who, but it was very similar in nature. Then again, it only happened once...

In a rush atm as heading out to work, but can you message the details again. Thank you.

Would be nice to race you. I'm going to try setting up a Suzuka race at eight CEST this evening, probably a one shot.

A late evening early night session around 23 hours will have another crack at at least Suzuka and Sardegna C.

I will keep an eye out for you, I'm always running tests and end up with only a few or a lot of quitters. Been running tyres for the nation's to see which strategy to run as all 3 have to be used, I expect a lot of penalties in the early slots because of this as a lot don't read the race details until after the bet the 1 minute at the end.

I recognise the problem! Hope to see you tonight

Stroll did a late block on Gasly, Gasly still got through though
That's the one. Stroll did a fairly questionable late swerve as Gasly was coming by. The difference is, those guys have insane reaction times, so they can deal with it much better. You can guarantee if that was replicated in a GTS race, 90% chance it would have been carnage, or at least contact.

I'm going to try setting up a Suzuka race at eight CEST this evening, probably a one shot.

A late evening early night session around 23 hours will have another crack at at least Suzuka and Sardegna C.
This an open lobby? Might try and see how badly I compare.

Been running some tests and I can no fuel in the DBR9, but most others need a few laps maybe as much as 4. Using the Viper I got 2.5 secs extra in pit for 1 lap of fuel and then about 1 sec per extra lap. So if you need say 3 laps extra you have an extra 4.5 secs in the pit. Overall this is nothing, but it could make a big difference at the stop allowing you to leapfrog those adding fuel.
Anyway not sure what to use and wondering if there are any other cars that might not need fuel? Not doing MR myself (lose more time in the gravel) but recon some of those should be good.

I'm in the anti-meta club and I hate driving the GT-R Gr.3 with a passion, so I did a rapid fire 1 lap test with all the FR cars and a few of the MR power cars to find alternatives. Short shift at 75% rev bar for all of them for parity. The cars that could keep up with the GT-R, have worse fuel consumption. The cars that have better fuel, are just too slow. Sooo annoying :P

Anyway not sure what to use and wondering if there are any other cars that might not need fuel? Not doing MR myself (lose more time in the gravel) but recon some of those should be good.
Barring the fuel use, I tried this a few weeks back and ran the Jag, 650S, 911, and Supra here and found the 650S to be the most reliable and consistently fast. I had a marginally better lap time (once) in the F-Type, but the 650S was just better all round. FWIW.

This an open lobby? Might try and see how badly I compare.

Been running some tests and I can no fuel in the DBR9, but most others need a few laps maybe as much as 4. Using the Viper I got 2.5 secs extra in pit for 1 lap of fuel and then about 1 sec per extra lap. So if you need say 3 laps extra you have an extra 4.5 secs in the pit. Overall this is nothing, but it could make a big difference at the stop allowing you to leapfrog those adding fuel.

I’ve done a bit of testing. Can’t keep the R8 or the Huracan on the track. The Vantage and WRX only do 12 laps on a tank of fuel. The GTR is a bit better on fuel but super tail happy. The NSX is better on fuel and tyres but a bit slower.

I’m considering going unconventionally and running the WRX. It is just about the quickest around the circuit for me and doesn’t seem to lose too much speed on worn tyres. I am hoping it will negate the extra seconds refueling.

Last edited:
I'm not taking this one too seriously, and I'm just looking to have some fun so I'm going to run the Z4 at the Suzuka race. I really like the Z4 and I keep looking for a place to use it in an FIA race. I'm not great at Suzuka, and I've already got good points results from Spa and Catalunya, so I figure "why not here?" There's no pressure when you go in as the underdog :).

Lap times aren't much different from other cars I tried and I really like the sound and how it zips through the esses and the hairpin. I know I can do 7S/8M/1H on the tires no problem and will need a splash of fuel (maybe 2 laps?). We'll see how it goes :cheers:.

Villarreal Z4.jpg

I'm not taking this one too seriously, and I'm just looking to have some fun so I'm going to run the Z4 at the Suzuka race. I really like the Z4 and I keep looking for a place to use it in an FIA race. I'm not great at Suzuka, and I've already got good points results from Spa and Catalunya, so I figure "why not here?" There's no pressure when you go in as the underdog :).

Lap times aren't much different from other cars I tried and I really like the sound and how it zips through the esses and the hairpin. I know I can do 7S/8M/1H on the tires no problem and will need a splash of fuel (maybe 2 laps?). We'll see how it goes :cheers:.

View attachment 1010809

Will try my luck with the 911. Just wanted to find out what the fuss is al about + it had to be a Greman car so I can get used to it for the all German round at the Nurnberg GP. Round 10 I believe?

I’ve done a bit of testing. Can’t keep the R8 or the Huracan on the track. The Vantage and WRX only do 9 laps on a tank of fuel. The GTR is a bit better on fuel but super tail happy. The NSX is better on fuel and tyres but a bit slower.

I’m considering going unconventionally and running the WRX. It is just about the quickest around the circuit for me and doesn’t seem to lose too much speed on worn tyres. I am hoping it will negate the extra seconds refueling.
After a race in the WRX at Leguna I was thinking about it here too. It wasn't as good as the Beetle but still felt nice around Leguna. It felt really good in the FP for nations so I am ready to give it a go. I'm not going to worry about fuel too much. As you have to do 2 stops anyway what's another second or 2? My driving style seems to net a couple of percentage fuel saved anyway.

View attachment 1010809
Nice. I've seen a few in the lower manu races. You should be able to avoid any Deportivo fans in the US. I'd never run a football livery as you may as well have a decal saying punt me written on your bumper.

After a race in the WRX at Leguna I was thinking about it here too. It wasn't as good as the Beetle but still felt nice around Leguna. It felt really good in the FP for nations so I am ready to give it a go. I'm not going to worry about fuel too much. As you have to do 2 stops anyway what's another second or 2? My driving style seems to net a couple of percentage fuel saved anyway.

Nice. I've seen a few in the lower manu races. You should be able to avoid any Deportivo fans in the US. I'd never run a football livery as you may as well have a decal saying punt me written on your bumper.

The WRX is not quite as thirsty as I thought. The practice lobby I was in had fuel at x4. Another run at x3 suggests 11 laps to a tank with minimal fuel saving. Might get 13 or 14 with some more aggressive saving.

Last edited:
That's because your race was in the CSA servers. I use hardwired connection as well, and I've seen cars lagging around in my races when racing in those servers. The NA servers aren't as bad; much less lag.

So again... here's a fun n00b question....

How can I tell what server I'm on? I mean yes, I'm in the Americas, (Its been a crazy 18 months but at least I remember that) but is there a way to specifically choose?

So again... here's a fun n00b question....

How can I tell what server I'm on? I mean yes, I'm in the Americas, (Its been a crazy 18 months but at least I remember that) but is there a way to specifically choose?
You can't choose. But you can tell. If all the NA players has 3 yellow bars or less while all the SA players has 4 green or more you are on a SA server. And vice versa.

I'm in the anti-meta club and I hate driving the GT-R Gr.3 with a passion, so I did a rapid fire 1 lap test with all the FR cars and a few of the MR power cars to find alternatives. Short shift at 75% rev bar for all of them for parity. The cars that could keep up with the GT-R, have worse fuel consumption. The cars that have better fuel, are just too slow. Sooo annoying :P

I also refuse to go with the META. I'm sticking with a car I'm comfortable driving.... and frankly still learning how to get it to do what i want it to do. Whether I can keep up with the META is immaterial IMO if I cant drive the same line they do.

View attachment 1010809

Thats real pretty. Nicely done.

Game frooze on me in my hard outlap. No idea if you continued racing... too bad. I was having a nice run.

23 hours we'll get another chance.

Cheers,

Seth
I had my usual issues, one connection too slow and the other too NAT 3. Still nice of you to set it up.

Good luck all tomorrow, I made it to 20K so hopefully I'll get a decent lobby and loads of points.

Back