2020 FIA Series Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 1, 2020.

1. barak181

barak181

Qaulification's doing it to me again.... :banghead: Black screen of death!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Pigems likes this.
  2. barak181

barak181

Second try turned out the same way - black screen during qualy. Started P18 this time instead of P20 because I guess two guys disconnected?

Both races were basically demolition derbies. If I had the time and inclination, I'd cut up some videos of things like 8 people going into the chicane at the same time and pinball ensuing. Three abreast into the esses. People sliding every which way. Myself included - I understeered myself into the sand at Degner 2 three times in the first race.

The second race was actually pretty fun, carnage aside. I had moved up from P18 to P9 until somebody punted me at Spoon. But I still had several clean battles and fun racing for the most part. I'm just thinking that this is a bad combo for low B. People are just good enough to get some speed but then not good enough to handle the traffic in a car like this, let alone when the car starts to get squirrely when tire wear becomes a factor.

Last to P18 and last to P12. Good enough night, I guess.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200602180640.jpg Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200602192714.jpg Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200602184702.jpg Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200602200725.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Cerebral303, Pigems, LVS_1986 and 4 others like this.
  3. wedjim

wedjim

Wasted night for me...Qualified 10th in the 9 oclock race, worked my way up to 8th and got on the curb just a hair too much heading into the last chicane, spin, last. Pulling back on dirty tires, spun again. The pack was 18 seconds away by now. Ran out the laps to get some practice, but spun several more times. Notice some lag, internet is acting up.
    Tried the last race of the day, brutal qualifying, bumping and banging, qualified 14th. Everyone was beating and banging, not talented enough to race clean. I couldn’t resist giving a little back to a driver who had hit me a few times, got a 4 second penalty For a tiny tap in the rear bumper, did not even seem to move his car? In my frustration I attempted to pass him again, broke my outside passing rule, he pushed me off, no penalty. At this point I was last, the pack was gone and I still had a 4 second penalty to serve, I quit the race.

Not sure if I can blame it all on the internet connection, or just an off night. Felt brutal and deters me from doing any more races that are run on hard street tires. We’ll see.

4. Peddler13

Peddler13

I'd just like to acknowledge that the lower horsepower streetcar races on here, recently, have been much less chaotic than most people have thought. Apart from the first lap, starting from the grid, the races I have been in have been quite uneventful.... almost boring.
    Is this a sign that racers are more respectful and thoughtful than some think?
    I enjoy these cars.

KosmoKazi, Pigems and LVS_1986 like this.
  5. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

Where is my star driver invite?

Edit: got it on the GT website, didn't pop up in game for some reason.

Pigems and Redneckchef like this.
  6. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Premium

New season, same Ferrari. I always enjoy Brands Hatch, but finding myself a little inconsistent in practice...

7. thiagoturbao

thiagoturbao

Also struggling to finish 13 laps without crashing... hopefully will be the same for everyone

8. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Didnt think I would be home in time to have a go at Manu. Made it with 2 minutes to spare. Got a whole 1 lap practice in.:sly:

Went ok. Qualified p15, but less than 1 sec from pole. Couple of offs on the first lap and I am moving up, until I get tapped entering Sheene, just a slight difference in braking. But I am back to p18 of 19. Do manage to work my way back to p11 at one point, but a couple mistakes just drifting a hair wide and end up still nursing it home in p14 I think. Worth 69 points, so not counting to my total, but a good recovery as I was lapping solidly and catching people. Passing on that track is something else though. Plenty of people going off.

Good luck all!

9. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Sportsmanship absolutely tanked in daily race C due to lag and subsequent contact penalties.

Long story short, had some fun in the next manufacturers race by racing without qualifying, won from 19th on the grid.

20200603_204045.jpg

10. CarlosEVH

CarlosEVH

Yesterday I finished 2nd after a really good start, where I overtook 3 cars in the first turn before the 4th punted me and lost 8 position, then I tried my best and I went back from p11 to p2. The last two laps were very hard because my tires were completely worn meanwhile the 3rd one had fresh tyres because he pitted a few laps before, but fortunately I won the fight and finished 2nd.

But the real hero of the race was the 20p driver, he went from p20 to p1 in a few laps and won the race, the guy was a missile and he barely worn the tyres, incredible race from this guy.

wedjim, Razgriz2118, LVS_1986 and 5 others like this.
  11. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

Qualifying at Suzuka was painful, on both hot laps I was on target for a lap half a second faster than the current pole (which ended up being the final pole time). First was when I made a pass round a much slower car on the outside of the hairpin and they still managed to skid into me and off I went. Next hot lap I'm just leaving the esses and someone goes off, and without looking pulls right back on to the racing line, and I went into the back of them. I thought they would move across. Neither were malicious but for crying out loud it was frustrating.

In the end I went from 7th to 2nd in the first lap but it was not incident free and given how my pace fell off with my tyres toward the end I am not sure I could have held onto 1st anyway. Hoping for better luck today, Gr3 again, love the rotary!

12. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Brands Hatch is one of my better tracks so hopefully it'll be a good one

wedjim, GT5Power, Redneckchef and 6 others like this.
  13. ivann

ivann

m6 has too much power for this map, but still..

wedjim, barak181, KosmoKazi and 3 others like this.
  14. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

Just participated in Manu race where 20% of the grid was GTP members:lol:
    Mr TAU_PS unlock messeges from strangers, I try to invite you:cheers:
    Mr ABarber sorry again, im idiot:bowdown:

15. SlowDriver87

SlowDriver87

Christ, Gr3 cars on Brands Hatch feel like absolute rockets compared to last night’s event at Suzuka. I usually only drive Gr3 and maybe Gr4 but they seem far quicker than I remember. BH is a tight circuit to be fair.

wedjim, barak181, Razgriz2118 and 6 others like this.
  16. xxPinkyKissxx

xxPinkyKissxx

Just raced with @LVS_1986 snd @Adam Barber. Nice to see you on the track!

AA72964D-E2BD-48E1-971F-2394DD0F97E3.jpeg

Not too pleased with the result though. Qualified 7th, was up to 6th after the two cars in front had a slight coming together. The car that lost the place picked up a penalty and wasn’t pleased and took it out on me angrily forcing his way up the inside of the next corner. I spun off next corner rejoining in 18th. Spent half the race stuck behind slow cars near the back. Finally got past them and had a 7 second gap to close down. Managed it and picked up a few more places to finish 11th. Could have been worse I guess! :)

As a local girl to Brands Hatch, living 20 min drive away, i felt compelled to enter even though I didn’t fancy my chances :lol:

Picture I took on a previous visit standing in my fave spot at Brands watching the GT Series! No fence obscuring the view! ;)

B5A3791B-B88E-4A0F-9517-AEFFAF4A76B8.jpeg

wedjim, barak181, afc5150 and 17 others like this.
  17. Adam Barber

Adam Barber

Was in a lobby with @xxPinkyKissxx and @LVS_1986 so it was good to see some friendly faces in one of these races for once!

Qualifying was predictable as I got held up slightly different n the second half of the track where my Ferrari is best so I ended up starting a dismal 16th, about a second of pole.

On the first lap I managed to pass a Renault and a Porsche at Druids and then another couple due to contact ahead at Graham Hill put me up to 12th behind @LVS_1986. Further incidents ahead put me into 10th at the end of lap 1 with that Renault still just behind me. Lap 2 and I got past @LVS_1986 at Westfield promoting me to P9.

Lap 6 and contact between a GTR and an AMG GT3 which was totally the mercs fault put me ahead of the Nissan and into 8th. Later that lap a Porsche went of at Sheene promoting me to 7th Result! Lap 8 and a small mistake at Westfield gave the Porsche behind me 7th place back leaving @LVS_1986 stuck to my backside in their Jag for a couple of laps.

When on lap 10 slight contact at Sheene cost us both a couple of position's putting me in 10th where I'd finish. I could have possibly got 7th in the end but am still happy with 10th with @xxPinkyKissxx just a couple of seconds behind.

Up 6 places at a track which is hard to pass at is a result that I'm happy with, onwards to Sainte-Croix - A!

18. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

If I can find the time I will go again!

Went q13 to p11, bit was up to p6 before two penalty inducing incidents put me back to p11

19. KosmoKazi

KosmoKazi

It is a veritable tempest in a teapot kind of track and race with Gr3... I agree. Short race but will be somewhat exhausting physically and mentally. Looking forward to the NA races tonight.

That's a great pic... when I was scrolling the forum feed, I thought "man, that must be on a PS4 Pro, but it looks ~really~ realistic! Great spot, and they must be flying past at top speed there, under the bridge, if I'm not mistaken on the location.

Good looking livery, especially in that famous, gleaming UK sunshine! :)

20. Wotsitz

Wotsitz

9F537507-B9A3-452E-8B5F-0BAFAB91FE95.jpeg

Knew as long as i kept it on the track and made no mistakes I might have a decent result! Think I only passed one car properly. The rest span off at different points :lol:

21. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Might jump into many tonight if I can make the last slot, but haven’t even run a lap yet. How’s the Ferrari and what’s the strat for this one??

22. Adam Barber

Adam Barber

*Looks outside* yup grey and horrible

23. SlowDriver87

SlowDriver87

As this is my first Manufacturer race I had a hard time choosing cars. My best Gr3 car is the AMG but predictably my best Gr4 is the Megane Trophy, or the Lexus RCF but both the Gr3 and Gr4 cars are prone to spinning out. I’m terrible in the R.S.0.1 so Renault was never a choice. I ended up choosing the Merc but I’ve never used the Gr4 car and I just noticed Interlagos is Gr4 later on in the series. Never mind.

My best lap time today is a 1:24.132 but I’m struggling to do more than 6/7 laps without coming off the track. I’m expecting a disaster tonight but oh well. I’m usually an auto box driver but have been trying to get used to manual recently. I don’t think my tiny brain can process such fast cars as such a tight track so will probably go with auto tonight. I’m on the DS4 so I find gear changes a bit fiddly.

24. RX8 Racer

RX8 Racer

I run the 4C but there’s no strategy to speak of; you go from lights to checkered flag with no stops. 13 laps with racing hards and plenty of fuel.

25. thiagoturbao

thiagoturbao

rcz has no torque watsoever, start to be a bit quicker after lap 4 when the fuel starts to go down, 3, 4 laps after tyres are gone...let's see how that goes, joining the one in 20mins

LVS_1986, Kermit_2142 and Pigems like this.
  26. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

Time for the stream :D! Had a practice race earlier, and its really close. I'd love to get a win tonight and it's certainly possible!!!

27. ASH32

ASH32

Yes same for me in a very low A+ and A room. I've only done an odd FIA race before so it's not a surprise my qualifying was no good but I managed to turn 8th to 3rd in the race. Two cars went off, one definitely self inflicted not sure on the other, another car got a penalty and I passed the other two with actual moves, both at Druids, one was a bit opportunist but the other was planned. Also got fastest lap some how even though my pace was all over the place, maybe next time I should practice in race conditions. :lol:

:gtpflag:

28. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Just the way it should be :tup:

LVS_1986 and Pigems like this.
  29. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

Felt there was potential for the GT LM to do well around Brands, but didn't expect to get much out of it after a couple of scrappy test lobbies.

15:00 Manufacturers
    Entered with @Hasnain282 and @ivann, once again meeting 'Wifi password guy' and my French Ford teammate in the process. First time I sampled the new qualifying format, which led to me setting a 1:23.915 with half of the session to go. Shaved another tenth off on the first sector on my third attempt (purple sector), but binned it at Surtees and received the disqualification notice while waiting in the grass to let traffic through. Still felt pleased with the second lap, though, which was close to my best times in FP and test lobbies. Lined up 7th, only four-tenths off Hasnain; the entire grid (trailed by my teammate) was separated by just under a second.

Kept things tidy in the first four-and-a-half laps while trying to hold off a Dutch Aston driver, climbing up to 5th after seeing a seeing a pink Beetle and a Subaru both lose it on Lap 1. Received a 0.5-second penalty for turning into Surtees too early and cutting the inside of Surtees, which was rather frustrating since we were again in a good position to challenge a struggling Lamborghini for 4th. Switched hazards on at Pilgrim's Drop to warn the pack behind, but was lucky to escape a second penalty after braking early at Westfield and getting pushed forwards by the Dutch Aston (I apologised in case I blocked, but received no reply). Dropped to 6th behind a German Porsche, and watched the Aston lose it on the next lap coming into Dingle Dell.

Did just enough to keep the Ford on the tarmac and in front of a Spanish Porsche, remaining the meat of the 911 sandwich until the end. Set a 1:24.500 as the German dropped two wheels over the outside line of Surtees on Lap 9. On the final lap, he almost lost it at the exact same spot, but to his credit, he held it and was still too far up ahead for me to capitalise on his scare. Not much else I can say about what happened at my end, but I'd happily 5th place and 240 points over a trip to the shadow realm any day.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200603154031.png

Big congratulations to Hasnain on his victory over the McLaren, as well as ivann for his 8th-place finish behind 'Wifi password'. Don't know how close I would've been to challenging the other Alfa for what would become 3rd, but even so I'm pleased with how well the Ford worked and looked after its tyres compared to the German Porsche. Fairly optimistic that Fuji will make the most of the GT LM's speed advantage, in the same way that the Short configuration did for the Mustang, but we'll see. Hopefully by then I should get enough points scores to discount my Laguna Seca run...

30. Jwptexas

Jwptexas

Off work about to go home and catch the replay! I've been up in the air all week about this race in the GT LM you seem to be making it work. Time to take notes! I just can't seem to keep race pace down consistently mid 1:24xxx to 1:25.xxx I feel like that needs to improve a lot.

Great results!

Pigems, LVS_1986 and VulcanSpirit like this.